Dong Ha, Vietnam Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ten minutes in today and I look pretty hot. Hooray for iced chocolates!

Awesome! :up:

When do you find out course acceptance for university?

All the Year 12s I know are finishing, and it's bringing back all my memories of that wonderful and terrible time! Good luck for the exams, Vlad. Only three though? How does that work? (I'm not very familiar with the Australian high school system, in NZ you would do 6 subjects and have exams for all of them).

Congrats Vlad! How are you feeling about the exams?

And damn you Ax, now I want an iced chocolate.

I need to work out how to end more esoteric thread titles with the letter W.

Awesome! :up:

When do you find out course acceptance for university?

Somewhere in January I think?

The results come mid-December. I'm pretty satisfied that I've chosen 4 courses, all of which I like, that have a pretty wide discrepancy in terms of required entry scores.

All the Year 12s I know are finishing, and it's bringing back all my memories of that wonderful and terrible time! Good luck for the exams, Vlad. Only three though? How does that work? (I'm not very familiar with the Australian high school system, in NZ you would do 6 subjects and have exams for all of them).

I had 4 subjects this year, only 3 of them have an exam as one of my subjects is Design, where we had to complete two free choice practicals and one research topic.

My first exam is in a week and a half.

:kiss: Last picture of Steve Buscemi you looked at

This one.

Donny_The_Big_Lebowski_Buscemi.jpg

Shut the fuck up, Donnie!

Better than I did earlier in the year. I think having numerous past exams at your disposal lessens the intimidation factor quite a bit.

:up:

They generally get less scary the more of them you do... unless of course you've done absolutely no study and you have no idea what's going on. Try to avoid that. :wink:

It's a fantastic thread, as it turns out. I was just exhausted and feeling goofy, didn't think it would go anywhere. :up:

:up:

They generally get less scary the more of them you do... unless of course you've done absolutely no study and you have no idea what's going on. Try to avoid that. :wink:

Or you can do what I did, and somehow get your best mark in the exam for which you did no study. That one was odd.

It feels so weird posting in a non-superthread in OOC.

Haha, I know.

I'm not sure how that happens. :laugh:

It was one of my last exams in geography, my best subject, and my friend called me up the night before - we often would quiz each other over the phone before exams to make sure we knew our shit. Anyway, it quickly became apparent that I was fairly well disinterested in the current unit about river catchments and wetlands and things (I was into social geography rather than physical geography) and had basically not studied. Nor was I terribly good at answering the questions he put to me. I flicked a bit through the material as we talked but it didn't feel like the knowledge was sticking.

I blitzed through the exam. I finished half an hour ahead of anybody else and got an almost perfect score (I think I dropped 1.5 marks out of ~140).

To this day I've no idea how I did it.

It's a fantastic thread, as it turns out. I was just exhausted and feeling goofy, didn't think it would go anywhere. :up:

I'm glad that what I was expecting to be a throwaway post has gotten this much material. Seriously, it's a helluva thread and I've gotten laughs from completely unexpected posters. I'm also sort of glad that we're branching out beyond OOC territory, though I did consider making an Awful EYKIW Threads That Would Prove The Forum Is Dead topic a little while ago. I may still do that, since The 2 is such fertile ground.

I'm using the second one right now, just so you know

It got a bit stretched, so there's a blurry, kind of pixelated whale on my screen

Poor Bono

Oh my god, Bonnie. :lmao:

Also, the esoteric OOC threads thread is reminding me of a time we did a more inflammatory thread taking the piss. It got locked in a blaze of glory. Does anybody remember what it was called/have a link? It should've been in Thread Survivor. THE INJUSTICE.

What I wanted to know about that Photoshop is if Adam is okay or not.

Also, the esoteric OOC threads thread is reminding me of a time we did a more inflammatory thread taking the piss. It got locked in a blaze of glory. Does anybody remember what it was called/have a link? It should've been in Thread Survivor. THE INJUSTICE.

Damnit, I can't seem to find this in the archives, even though I've searched for all the inflammatory terms I thought were in there. :(

Pretty sure it was in the first half of 2008. It was about seventy posts of hilarity before we got way too offensive and were shut down. Can anybody else find it? I recall it being a good laugh.

Back
Top Bottom