Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

I learn wushu at the moment, which is pretty much the Shaolin stuff slightly neutered and prettied up. Tai Chi's cool, and I've done a Wing Chun lesson before but didn't find it that great.

I'm also trying to learn Muay Thai and I can (I think just) match most Taekwondo people before a black belt in terms of kicking ability (not power though!)

:drool: fantastic! My sister is really, really interested in martial arts also ... it would be so wonderful to have some sort (or start) classes. I think it would be wonderful for fitness and discipline ... I'm very into yoga (although, I'm going through a lazy phase :( ) .. and although they are different, I think the intent and the knowledge you gain would be very similar.

I must look into it more (or get more motivated!) :D

TranceEnding said:

fantastic! My sister is really, really interested in martial arts also ... it would be so wonderful to have some sort (or start) classes. I think it would be wonderful for fitness and discipline ... I'm very into yoga (although, I'm going through a lazy phase :( ) .. and although they are different, I think the intent and the knowledge you gain would be very similar.

I must look into it more (or get more motivated!) :D

Martial arts and yoga are awesome. Actually, my grandmother's a yoga teacher in Malaysia. But yeah, discipline and fitness are boosted, and it's great for confidence as well.

gluey said:

:shocked: Wow, the balance is really tipped to the pure side isn't it! What's up with that?

Some of us (not me) haven't had girlfriends. Plus PFan isn't even legal yet. And Screwtape is arguably not human, just a walking, talking poem.

Also, I know cin had a corrupt percentage, but I can't remember it. And I think Liam was 50/50.

mysterious_jen said:

its not pleba.

i have been working on these guys for a while.

and damm im tired they take a LOT of work .

You just banter and tease us here. :tsk:

WildHoney said:

And you're still pure :shocked:

We're on the internet when we could be out actually doing some of those things on the quiz! (Well, everyone else could. I choose not to because of my faith.)

major_panic said:

Actually, my grandmother's a yoga teacher in Malaysia.

Wow, that's really great! :D I've often thought (and still do) about doing teacher-training myself. Something that I can really, really see myself doing .. though, maybe some shyness would hold me back from conducting a class (but probably would be a good way to overcome that fear!)

Axver said:

Some of us (not me) haven't had girlfriends. Plus PFan isn't even legal yet. And Screwtape is arguably not human, just a walking, talking poem.

Also, I know cin had a corrupt percentage, but I can't remember it. And I think Liam was 50/50.

liam is crossing over to the dark side nicely :evil:

TranceEnding said:

Wow, that's really great! :D I've often thought (and still do) about doing teacher-training myself. Something that I can really, really see myself doing .. though, maybe some shyness would hold me back from conducting a class (but probably would be a good way to overcome that fear!)

Usually you get over it pretty quickly (the fear, that is). I mean, Ax can debate, and by his own words he's usually pretty shy... Same goes for teaching, I'd assume.

major_panic said:
I mean, Ax can debate, and by his own words he's usually pretty shy

I have never had a fear of public speaking. I'm the exact opposite of most people. I love to do public speaking. Put me in a room with 1,000 people and I will gladly debate in front of them, I'd absolutely relish it, but ask me to just mingle in the crowd and I'll probably run away!

Axver said:

I have never had a fear of public speaking. I'm the exact opposite of most people. I love to do public speaking. Put me in a room with 1,000 people and I will gladly debate in front of them, I'd absolutely relish it, but ask me to just mingle in the crowd and I'll probably run away!

I don't like being friendly in crowds of people, so I get what you're saying. No problems with performing or speaking in front of heaps though.

Crowds :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom