Dominican Republic Superthread - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2008, 02:36 AM   #871
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/03/wo.../03sun.html?hp

our next location!!
Holy rickets batman!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 AM   #872
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:

your tutors take classes with undergrads? classes that big? even the big US unis that have TAs teaching classes and sections have the TAs taking small grad student classes and one-on-one work with profs.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!

Lecturers take lectures of undergrads. Tutors, postgrad students, take the small group tutorials.

I think I confused you by mentioning I bumped into one of my lecturers from last year after? That was in another building entirely. I went to find a water foundation and he was there too, heading back to his office.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 02:41 AM   #873
Blue Crack Addict

Hey Ax!

You're a South Island boy aren't you? Do you know much about Greymouth? Hubby's looking at a job opportunity down there...
Old 03-03-2008, 02:42 AM   #874
Blue Crack Supplier

I think i've got a cold. Plenty of sneezing this morning. When i blew my nose it never stopped. And despite not being hot i'm sweating like a pig (and have been all day)

Damn it.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 AM   #875
Blue Crack Addict

Awww Big 's for Ian. Manflu is a killer isn't it.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:45 AM   #876
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!

Lecturers take lectures of undergrads. Tutors, postgrad students, take the small group tutorials.

I think I confused you by mentioning I bumped into one of my lecturers from last year after? That was in another building entirely. I went to find a water foundation and he was there too, heading back to his office.
I thought you said your lecturer was taking a 500 student class...you meant teaching? or I misread it? anyway i get it
Old 03-03-2008, 02:46 AM   #877
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Why are you fucked?
I'm not even sure how to put it. Certainly not without saying more than I wish in a public forum. But let's just say that my shyness makes simply making friends very difficult.

I think the best places to hang out are libraries and non-mainstream bookshops, for fuck's sake.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 02:46 AM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
I think i've got a cold. Plenty of sneezing this morning. When i blew my nose it never stopped. And despite not being hot i'm sweating like a pig (and have been all day)

Damn it.
I have had an awful cold for 4-5 days. stuffy nose won't stop running, cough/junky lungs, sneezes. just had to buy a big ol' box of tissues with lotion because my nose fucking hurts.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:47 AM   #879
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I thought you said your lecturer was taking a 500 student class...you meant teaching? or I misread it? anyway i get it
The guy I bumped into was the lecturer in my Terrorism in Modern Conflict course last year. This year, he's the lecturer in some course on democracy with over 500 students.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #880
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 03:33 PM
Old 03-03-2008, 02:49 AM   #881
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
Awww Big 's for Ian. Manflu is a killer isn't it.
I feel fine, but the sweating is an irritation.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:51 AM   #882
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

I feel fine, but the sweating is an irritation.
I hate sicky sweats.... want me to come and mop your brow?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #883
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
Hey Ax!

You're a South Island boy aren't you? Do you know much about Greymouth? Hubby's looking at a job opportunity down there...
I'm actually from the Kapiti Coast, just out of Wellington, but my mother's side of the family is from the South Island and I've spent a fair bit of time there, mostly Otago/Canterbury. Only been to Greymouth once, when I was a child. From memory, it's well past its glory days, pretty quiet, but still the most significant town on the Coast by far (off memory, it's got about 13,000 people; Hokitika and Westport fail to break 5,000). Sorry I can't give you anything more specific. I'd love to go back to the Coast again. Gorgeous part of the world and it sticks fondly in my memory.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 02:54 AM   #884
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The guy I bumped into was the lecturer in my Terrorism in Modern Conflict course last year. This year, he's the lecturer in some course on democracy with over 500 students.
makes sense now
Old 03-03-2008, 02:55 AM   #885
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm actually from the Kapiti Coast, just out of Wellington, but my mother's side of the family is from the South Island and I've spent a fair bit of time there, mostly Otago/Canterbury. Only been to Greymouth once, when I was a child. From memory, it's well past its glory days, pretty quiet, but still the most significant town on the Coast by far (off memory, it's got about 13,000 people; Hokitika and Westport fail to break 5,000). Sorry I can't give you anything more specific. I'd love to go back to the Coast again. Gorgeous part of the world and it sticks fondly in my memory.
Thanks for that!
I was there once in 1994, and it was a stunner back then with it's scenery and lifestyle. There could be an opportunity too good to miss in a new mine opening up. I hate mines, but this could be too good to miss.....we're just starting to look into it, and if it's promising we'll fly down for a closer look before deciding. It's a big decision to uproot the family and close down/sell a successful business - but we're just exhausted from life up here...

Tags
superthread