Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck I have to say I hate flirting via text. It's great to text people for anything else, but, man, I dunno. It's the same idea where peopel end up developing romantic relationships over instant messenger...I just don't get it. Many people do, however.

Varitek said:

i swear to god that texting exchange i had was more awkward than a brief phone conversation in which the same things could have been said. ugh.

every phone call with my first boyfriend,

hi

hi

what're you doing?

not much . . . you?

talking to you.

oh

are you still there?

yes

well, better go

ok

bye

bye.

I thought it was just me but he talked that way to everyone :mad:

Canadiens1160 said:
Fuck I have to say I hate flirting via text. It's great to text people for anything else, but, man, I dunno. It's the same idea where peopel end up developing romantic relationships over instant messenger...I just don't get it. Many people do, however.

so you mean that. . . . . . . . . . romance can't be found over the internet? :shifty:

rushes out to cancel flower delivery

cinnaminson said:
Sounds like a guy who a friend of mine was set up with by another friend... and this guy had the nerve to tell the second friend that the first friend was very quiet and didn't talk much!

:lol:

hey vazza, just did a bit of back reading - screwtape linking the kind of boots you wear to your inner spirit :lol:

vs dalton linkin your boots to the cost of a blow job :up: win

cinnaminson said:

every phone call with my first boyfriend,

hi

hi

what're you doing?

not much . . . you?

talking to you.

oh

are you still there?

yes

well, better go

ok

bye

bye.

:lol: I still have those convo's with NI and we've been married nearly 16 years :yikes:

I find mentioning sex gets him going :tsk:

cinnaminson said:

so you mean that. . . . . . . . . . romance can't be found over the internet? :shifty:

I think it definitely can be found over the internet, but it has to, uh, move over to real life for anything genuine.

cinnaminson said:

:lol:

The one internet romance I know about personally (happened to a friend of mine) ended badly, but there were a myriad of reasons that could have happened...

I haven't used the internet or text messages to flirt (I don't think I have the flirting gene), but I can see why it would be easier to meet people over IMs, at least, maybe not text messages so much. You can't say much in 140 characters, and they're not free... (well, not for me, anyway)

mysterious_jen said:
hey vazza, just did a bit of back reading - screwtape linking the kind of boots you wear to your inner spirit :lol:

vs dalton linkin your boots to the cost of a blow job :up: win

:lmao: perfect summary

The Sad Punk said:
Gyros/kebab. Here in Adelaide we write it 'yiros' which is the Greek pronunciation, but not the exact transliteral spelling.

I love it. :drool:
Souvlaki... :drool:

Any of you Melbournites ever been to Stalactites? Cnr Russell and Collins... verrrry nice souvies :up:

Baklava's not bad either :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom