Dominican Republic Superthread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I have Church in a half hour, but will be back around 10:15 (2:15 for you).

id say that by not going to church anymore that i enjoy sleeping in on my sundays, however that's obviously not true. i do like that i'm just chillin out maxin relaxin all cool right now

Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

achtungbono is female, btw.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #453
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
id say that by not going to church anymore that i enjoy sleeping in on my sundays, however that's obviously not true. i do like that i'm just chillin out maxin relaxin all cool right now
Go shoot some bball outside of the school.

I hate it, and as soon as I go to college I'm stopping. After college, I might start up again. But not while I'm there.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #454
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:

So far:

- Varitek and NSW insult Philly.
- Everyone discusses FYM going to shit due to posters like Sting2 and AchtungBono; you question why the two haven't hooked up.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #455
Blue Crack Supplier

There are a few FYM posters that piss me off: Sting2, AchtungBono, Diamond, and, I think most of all, Indy500. 2816 can be annoying but is semi-reasonable compared to the other four.

FYM conservatives are really a piss-poor representation of the party.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #456
Vocal parasite

I like that I've been to church on a Sunday morning three times in my whole life.

Twice, due to unfortunate circumstances, to a Southern Baptist church in Tennessee. :shudder:

Once to a mundane non-denominational Protestant church in Queensland. :snooze:

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #457
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Go shoot some bball outside of the school.

I hate it, and as soon as I go to college I'm stopping. After college, I might start up again. But not while I'm there.
you might actually find you like the campus ministry. i hated church growing up because people were so fucking shallow, and only cared about appearance. the churches here really made me feel isolated. however the campus ministry did provide a really nice community, and it made me start going to church again.

i hear the university i work for has a good campus ministry. but i haven't gone. i've been so shook up i don't know what to believe anymore. so...for now, no church for me.

i do occasionally visit my franciscan friends. i miss that community. everytime i go there i feel embraced and connected to them by a force bigger than myself. it's hard to find something like that in these suburbs though.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #458
Blue Crack Supplier

I only go to church for community, not because of my beliefs. My belief in most religious stances is waning.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #459
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
There are a few FYM posters that piss me off: Sting2, AchtungBono, Diamond, and, I think most of all, Indy500. 2816 can be annoying but is semi-reasonable compared to the other four.

yeah and it's a shame. financeguy does sometimes offer an interesting conservative perspective. i wasn't in fym during the days of nbcrusader, so i missed out on that, but i heard he was great too.

2816 has grown a lot since he started posting.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #460
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I only go to church for community, not because of my beliefs. My belief in most religious stances is waning.
same here. i guess that's "growing up". i kinda miss having something to believe in though.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #461
Vocal parasite

Quote:

2861 actually scares me because isn't he actually meant to be young? I first thought his screen name was his birthday, 2 August/8 February 1961. Now, it's one thing to be that unfortunately conservative if you're 46, stuck in a rut with a miserable middle class job. But I've gotten the implication he's somewhere around my age and at university, and that's just sad.

Though, full credit to him, he doesn't descend into AchtungBono's stupidity and when I called him a far right extremist, we were able to have a reasonable discussion about it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I like that I've been to church on a Sunday morning three times in my whole life.

Twice, due to unfortunate circumstances, to a Southern Baptist church in Tennessee. :shudder:

Once to a mundane non-denominational Protestant church in Queensland. :snooze:

southern baptist in tennessee??? holy shit man.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #463
Blue Crack Supplier

Financeguy, being a non-American conservative, has pretty reasonable stances on most everything, aside from gay marriage.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:45 AM   #464
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
2861 actually scares me because isn't he actually meant to be young? I first thought his screen name was his birthday, 2 August/8 February 1961. Now, it's one thing to be that unfortunately conservative if you're 46, stuck in a rut with a miserable middle class job. But I've gotten the implication he's somewhere around my age and at university, and that's just sad.

Though, full credit to him, he doesn't descend into AchtungBono's stupidity and when I called him a far right extremist, we were able to have a reasonable discussion about it.
He's 19 or 20.

AchtungBono isn't American, and doesn't understand the concept of our country, in all honesty.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Financeguy, being a non-American conservative, has pretty reasonable stances on most everything, aside from gay marriage.

yeah...that's the only stance i think that i just don't understand of his. perhaps it is just my ignorance though? i thought that anyone opposing gay marriage was doing so because of a religious stance. fg is athiest i think...so i just don't get it.

Tags
superthread