Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

your tutors take classes with undergrads? classes that big? even the big US unis that have TAs teaching classes and sections have the TAs taking small grad student classes and one-on-one work with profs.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!

Lecturers take lectures of undergrads. Tutors, postgrad students, take the small group tutorials.

I think I confused you by mentioning I bumped into one of my lecturers from last year after? That was in another building entirely. I went to find a water foundation and he was there too, heading back to his office.

Hey Ax!

You're a South Island boy aren't you? Do you know much about Greymouth? Hubby's looking at a job opportunity down there...

Axver said:

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!

Lecturers take lectures of undergrads. Tutors, postgrad students, take the small group tutorials.

I think I confused you by mentioning I bumped into one of my lecturers from last year after? That was in another building entirely. I went to find a water foundation and he was there too, heading back to his office.

I thought you said your lecturer was taking a 500 student class...you meant teaching? or I misread it? anyway i get it

Varitek said:

Why are you fucked?

I'm not even sure how to put it. Certainly not without saying more than I wish in a public forum. But let's just say that my shyness makes simply making friends very difficult.

I think the best places to hang out are libraries and non-mainstream bookshops, for fuck's sake.

coolian2 said:
I think i've got a cold. Plenty of sneezing this morning. When i blew my nose it never stopped. And despite not being hot i'm sweating like a pig (and have been all day)

Damn it.

I have had an awful cold for 4-5 days. stuffy nose won't stop running, cough/junky lungs, sneezes. just had to buy a big ol' box of tissues with lotion because my nose fucking hurts.

Varitek said:

I thought you said your lecturer was taking a 500 student class...you meant teaching? or I misread it? anyway i get it

The guy I bumped into was the lecturer in my Terrorism in Modern Conflict course last year. This year, he's the lecturer in some course on democracy with over 500 students.

gluey said:
Hey Ax!

You're a South Island boy aren't you? Do you know much about Greymouth? Hubby's looking at a job opportunity down there...

I'm actually from the Kapiti Coast, just out of Wellington, but my mother's side of the family is from the South Island and I've spent a fair bit of time there, mostly Otago/Canterbury. Only been to Greymouth once, when I was a child. From memory, it's well past its glory days, pretty quiet, but still the most significant town on the Coast by far (off memory, it's got about 13,000 people; Hokitika and Westport fail to break 5,000). Sorry I can't give you anything more specific. I'd love to go back to the Coast again. Gorgeous part of the world and it sticks fondly in my memory.

Axver said:

The guy I bumped into was the lecturer in my Terrorism in Modern Conflict course last year. This year, he's the lecturer in some course on democracy with over 500 students.

makes sense now

Axver said:

I'm actually from the Kapiti Coast, just out of Wellington, but my mother's side of the family is from the South Island and I've spent a fair bit of time there, mostly Otago/Canterbury. Only been to Greymouth once, when I was a child. From memory, it's well past its glory days, pretty quiet, but still the most significant town on the Coast by far (off memory, it's got about 13,000 people; Hokitika and Westport fail to break 5,000). Sorry I can't give you anything more specific. I'd love to go back to the Coast again. Gorgeous part of the world and it sticks fondly in my memory.

Thanks for that!
I was there once in 1994, and it was a stunner back then with it's scenery and lifestyle. There could be an opportunity too good to miss in a new mine opening up. I hate mines, but this could be too good to miss.....we're just starting to look into it, and if it's promising we'll fly down for a closer look before deciding. It's a big decision to uproot the family and close down/sell a successful business - but we're just exhausted from life up here...:(

Varitek said:
I have had an awful cold for 4-5 days. stuffy nose won't stop running, cough/junky lungs, sneezes. just had to buy a big ol' box of tissues with lotion because my nose fucking hurts.
Aloe tissues. :bow:

:hug:

gluey said:
I was there once in 1994, and it was a stunner back then with it's scenery and lifestyle. There could be an opportunity too good to miss in a new mine opening up. I hate mines, but this could be too good to miss.....we're just starting to look into it, and if it's promising we'll fly down for a closer look before deciding. It's a big decision to uproot the family and close down/sell a successful business - but we're just exhausted from life up here...:(
Gluey :hug:

gluey said:

Thanks for that!

Ooh, is that the new mine that recently had that furore re: coastal shipping vs rail? What a mess that was. Thank fuck it ended up on rail; the coastal shipping was never going to work, mainly because the ports people didn't seem to have their shit together at all. The West Coast economy does look pretty promising at the moment. So good luck with whatever you choose! :)

Alisaura said:
And hi to Ax and Vazza and Ian and anyone I missed... :wave:

Hey Ali! :wave:

What a horribly fucking hot day it was here today, eh? :dead:

Axver said:
What a horribly fucking hot day it was here today, eh? :dead:
It was glorious... until I went home (early :evil: ) and had to do the washing up in hot water. :yuck: Now the house is hot... at least there will be a cool change tonight.

Frosty Fruits FTW :up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom