Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

I think it depends entirely on a person's attitude, which is why I say sex isn't always dangerous, and it doesn't always have to be special or lonely or be all end all - it can be whatever you make of it, just as most things you do. Sex can create or reinforce a connection between two people, and it is indeed different/better in some ways to have sex with somebody you love, sometimes. However, sex is most definitely not a new universe or different kind of conciousness, and it doesn't have to be these things, and I have no idea where you get this stuff but you are in for a world of let down or a lifetime of illusions.

It can be these things. I think you have to open your mind to the possibilities of sex. Love can turn sex into something that is mind bending and unique. Life under the covers (metaphorically of course) is about communion and unity. I don't think it is fantasy or illusion. I believe it is very much real. :)

Screwtape2 said:

It can be these things. I think you have to open your mind to the possibilities of sex. Love can turn sex into something that is mind bending and unique. Life under the covers (metaphorically of course) is about communion and unity. I don't think it is fantasy or illusion. I believe it is very much real. :)

:lmao: Screwtape, I say this in all affection, but SERIOUSLY?

YOU are lecturing ME about opening my mind to the possibilities of sex??

YOU HAVE NEVER HAD SEX.

I'm sorry, I've had lots of sex, in lots of places, positions, and with a number of people that I will not share on this site so as to maintain some mystery, and I've had sex while madly in love and it was really nice, and sex with a guy who I was not attracted to but heard he was great and it's the best sex I've ever had. However, the only thing I have ever experienced that is mind bending, a new universe, a different kind of conciousness, and total communion and unity is mushrooms. Good old hallucinagenic mushrooms. (And they are better than sex.)

where the fuck did bubbles get a horse?

i am watching this ep so slowly with all the other shit i'm doing, i keep missing stuff and having to go back plus i last watched this season 6 weeks ago and i've forgotten stuff.

he really needs to let keema in on this shit.

I will repeat, because it cannot be said enough

OMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:sad:

cute code there, that's clever

this pizza was so, so much better hot than cold. it was so good hot and it's so bad now, but i was too lazy to go heat it up

hey ax! make sure you don't miss the last 30 posts or so, Screwtape and I had another golden exchange.

Screw, where'd you go? did I scare you off? :sad:

Varitek said:
hey ax! make sure you don't miss the last 30 posts or so, Screwtape and I had another golden exchange.

Screw, where'd you go? did I scare you off? :sad:

:lol: Alright. Just catching up now, looks like there isn't too much beforehand.

45ed x3.

FUCKING TERRIBLE.

The lecturer was alright, bordering on good. I think I'll enjoy the class.

But it's a stinking hot day (32C), and there were stacks of us (150-200?) packed into a small lecture theatre WITH NO AIR CON. I don't know if it's not fitted or just not working or what. But we got out half an hour early because we all clearly looked like we were dying. I couldn't focus. The heat was putting me to sleep. I dreamt I wrote more notes than I did. I think I've drunk a litre of water since I got out.

I was surprised by how many people were there. But then something like Holocaust & Genocide will inherently be popular, and there's something like 40,000 students at Melbourne University. Afterwards, I bumped into a lecturer I had last year and had a chat with him, and he's taking some class this semester with over 500 students. What madness. I feel sorry for him.

OK, all I can say after reading over what I missed is that I am completely and utterly fucked.

Not that I didn't know that already, of course.

Oh, and holy cool U2 stuff batman!

I wandered down to JB Hi Fi to get some decent headphones. As i walked in One was playing. I didn't care much. When i wandered to the front of the store, the FUCKING LEMON PERFECTO MIX was playing! I couldn't believe it.

And later on when i was walking past, on their TV was Desire from Popmart Mexico.

I thought this was the U2 hate forum, though. :wink:

Actually, truth be told, I'm not sure I'd recognise the Perfecto Mix of Lemon. Was it the one between Streets and Discotheque on Popmart? I ignore all the mixes.

Axver said:
I thought this was the U2 hate forum, though. :wink:

Actually, truth be told, I'm not sure I'd recognise the Perfecto Mix of Lemon. Was it the one between Streets and Discotheque on Popmart? I ignore all the mixes.

It's the only U2 remix i listen to much, so i had no trouble recognising it. It was what was played between Streets and Discotheque

Axver said:
I was surprised by how many people were there. But then something like Holocaust & Genocide will inherently be popular, and there's something like 40,000 students at Melbourne University. Afterwards, I bumped into a lecturer I had last year and had a chat with him, and he's taking some class this semester with over 500 students. What madness. I feel sorry for him.

your tutors take classes with undergrads? classes that big? even the big US unis that have TAs teaching classes and sections have the TAs taking small grad student classes and one-on-one work with profs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom