Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton said:

Nay my young lass, you are in your PHYSICAL prime not your sexual prime. Older women FTW.

I agree with you. He texted you, so I am assuming he'll call you back but you might have spooked him with the Tuesday thing. Now he's wondering if you are going hard after him.

It doesn't sound like he has much game from his texts.

no he doesn't have much game. he was sweet and fun to talk to but kinda awkward. smooth in the business world does not equal smooth in the social world.

I was worried about the tuesday thing but

1) my school is 25 minutes each way from philly. for him to ask me out he might be worried about having to drive here twice, and i have to go to philly for a class and to buy an ipod so i'll be there until about 5pm anyway
2) i am really busy next weekend
3) he texted me? i replied, he replied, it ended after that...i dunno i fell like maybe i needed to help his game? i have no idea. i wasn't sure i should do it but a few friends thought it was a good idea especially gvien number 1)

Varitek said:

no he doesn't have much game. he was sweet and fun to talk to but kinda awkward. smooth in the business world does not equal smooth in the social world.

I was worried about the tuesday thing but

1) my school is 25 minutes each way from philly. for him to ask me out he might be worried about having to drive here twice, and i have to go to philly for a class and to buy an ipod so i'll be there until about 5pm anyway
2) i am really busy next weekend
3) he texted me? i replied, he replied, it ended after that...i dunno i fell like maybe i needed to help his game? i have no idea. i wasn't sure i should do it but a few friends thought it was a good idea especially gvien number 1)

Hey, I don't think you were too forward at all, but if he isn't comfortable in these situations its going to take him a bit to settle into it. Like I said, I'm sure he'll call.

BTW, let me brag for a moment: I have devised the perfect way to get my daughter to fall asleep on nights when she's fighting it. I built a rolling table that sits up high enough that I can sit in a rocking chair with her on my lap and my laptop sits above her on the table. This way she can look at me while I rock her and fall asleep while I type/chat/work.

BRILLIANT

Screwtape2 said:

What would you do if someone honestly thought you were special? How would you react? I don't know you but I think you are neat and funny. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say you're special from that. :shrug:

aww thanks screwtape. I have had real commited long term relationships that involved mutual love, you know. But a guy I met in a bar who was fun to talk to but really didn't share anything deeply in common with...not gonna think I'm special, nor did I think he was special in the way you mean special. I thoguht he was fun and interesting enough to let him buy me dinner and have sex with me again. I hope he feels the same way about me, but that is not "special."

Dalton said:
BTW, let me brag for a moment: I have devised the perfect way to get my daughter to fall asleep on nights when she's fighting it. I built a rolling table that sits up high enough that I can sit in a rocking chair with her on my lap and my laptop sits above her on the table. This way she can look at me while I rock her and fall asleep while I type/chat/work.

BRILLIANT

does your wife know you talk to a 20 year old about her sex life online while rocking your baby daughter to sleep?

Varitek said:

aww thanks screwtape. I have had real commited long term relationships that involved mutual love, you know. But a guy I met in a bar who was fun to talk to but really didn't share anything deeply in common with...not gonna think I'm special, nor did I think he was special in the way you mean special. I thoguht he was fun and interesting enough to let him buy me dinner and have sex with me again. I hope he feels the same way about me, but that is not "special."

I was in love once. It didn't work out and now I don't think I could just have sex with a pretty girl. I don't think it would be fair to them if I wasn't giving my all to them. I kind of feel sad about that. I think you are lucky that you can have sex with any guy you want. I hope it work out. :up:

Screwtape2 said:

I was in love once. It didn't work out and now I don't think I could just have sex with a pretty girl. I don't think it would be fair to them if I wasn't giving my all to them. I kind of feel sad about that. I think you are lucky that you can have sex with any guy you want. I hope it work out. :up:

Hey Screwy, how old are you? When were you in love?

Screwtape2 said:

I can't have sex with any guy I want but I usually get my way, and I appreciate that I'm lucky cause I wasn't always as successful and some of my good friends aren't.

So... you were in unrequitted love with a very pretty girl who had "the dark side of sex" (what is this? prostitution? std? preggers?) destroy her. Did this cause your current opinion on sex being only for when you are mutually in love?

Varitek said:
night dalt, thanks for the advice. i'm wisshing i'd added "i know it's soon but..." to the beginning of my text.

I wouldn't worry about it. I had a lot of friends that needed a woman who was more aggressive because they were so passive. But it usually took them a little while to relax in that kind of set up. He might have been shocked at first, but he'll wake up tomorrow and realize that its a good thing.

Varitek said:

I can't have sex with any guy I want but I usually get my way, and I appreciate that I'm lucky cause I wasn't always as successful and some of my good friends aren't.

So... you were in unrequitted love with a very pretty girl who had "the dark side of sex" (what is this? prostitution? std? preggers?) destroy her. Did this cause your current opinion on sex being only for when you are mutually in love?

Child molestation, rape and a form of prostitution. Then she became pregnant. Sex is dangerous. I don't want to put someone through that unless they are in love with me. It can be very special but sex for me is about loneliness. You are either more together than you will ever be or all alone. I won't open up to someone unless I am in love. So yeah. It shaped my opinion.

Dalton said:

I wouldn't worry about it. I had a lot of friends that needed a woman who was more aggressive because they were so passive. But it usually took them a little while to relax in that kind of set up. He might have been shocked at first, but he'll wake up tomorrow and realize that its a good thing.

sorry got lost watching the wire.

I hate, hate being aggressive, because I always have been bold and willing to be but I'd far, far prefer the guy make the move, particularly because it indicates that he is the masculine/take charge type I like - I am very bold, but I don't want to wear the fucking pants.

But if it gets it done and otherwise nothing would have happened, I'll make the move. in this case I figured, I'm going into the city anyway, why not let him know. it would have been better if it were thursday or something.

Screwtape2 said:

Child molestation, rape and a form of prostitution. Then she became pregnant. Sex is dangerous. I don't want to put someone through that unless they are in love with me. It can be very special but sex for me is about loneliness. You are either more together than you will ever be or all alone. I won't open up to someone unless I am in love. So yeah. It shaped my opinion.

um, wow, that sucks.

Sex isn't always dangerous.

I don't think sex is about loneliness or togetherness - I think it's about getting off. When I had sex with the guy I was in love with, it was about getting each other off, feeling connected etc. but still getting off, and I don't think the rest of the sex I've had has been either lonely or together, mostly it's been two people who want to get laid and find the other person passably attractive or attractive or whatever.

Varitek said:

I don't think sex is about loneliness or togetherness - I think it's about getting off. When I had sex with the guy I was in love with, it was about getting each other off, feeling connected etc. but still getting off, and I don't think the rest of the sex I've had has been either lonely or together, mostly it's been two people who want to get laid and find the other person passably attractive or attractive or whatever.

But there is so much more to it than that. There has to be. If sex can create so much damage it has to be capable of the opposite and create something truly special for two people. Sex can open up a new universe to a person. It is a different kind of consciousness. It is capable of communion between body and the flesh. It has to.

Screwtape2 said:

But there is so much more to it than that. There has to be. If sex can create so much damage it has to be capable of the opposite and create something truly special for two people. Sex can open up a new universe to a person. It is a different kind of consciousness. It is capable of communion between body and the flesh. It has to.

I think it depends entirely on a person's attitude, which is why I say sex isn't always dangerous, and it doesn't always have to be special or lonely or be all end all - it can be whatever you make of it, just as most things you do. Sex can create or reinforce a connection between two people, and it is indeed different/better in some ways to have sex with somebody you love, sometimes. However, sex is most definitely not a new universe or different kind of conciousness, and it doesn't have to be these things, and I have no idea where you get this stuff but you are in for a world of let down or a lifetime of illusions.

Just checking in to say hello. I will be around a lot more tomorrow and Tuesday than I have been this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom