Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the kind of person who is very focused on knowledge. I'm not ridiculous enough to believe I have any answers, but I find the most comfort in organising arguments, making analyses, and drawing conclusions.

I have a habit of discounting what I feel inside, really. I want something I can write down in a logical, reasonable manner, something that isn't just exclusive to my changeable emotions. I guess I feel knowledge has a permanence, even as it constantly evolves and as different experiences afford different views. I can take comfort in the progression, the introduction of new facts, and so forth, and the search for new information and answers to existing questions is endlessly fulfilling for me.

But I guess this is why I'm an intellectual ...

yep, definitely sounds like you're an intellectual to me :) that's really cool that you have that gift. i'm always curious to listen to the perspective of others who come from a different understanding than myself.

i'm more of a feeler, and i completely rely on my intuition. i've found that it is rare for me to find concrete explanations to explain what i experience. as opposed to arguing, i prefer to go inside...not for answers, but for connection. feeling connected is what gives me a sense of purpose and gives me my motivation.

i don't know if this is really a theological discussion though :lol:

Admittedly, I do feel a lack of connection. Sometimes I wonder what it must be like. It'd be nice to feel connected to things, to people. I know all throughout high school, I was considered to be a distant person - people knew who I was, but they didn't know me. And as far as my beliefs go, I was accused by a couple of people of sucking the emotion out of religion. But I can't deal in subjective feelings; they only tell me so much, and I don't feel like my internal feelings explain external realities.

Anyway, I'm getting tired and I feel like I'm all over the place here. I better go to sleep. Have a good night/day! :wave:

have a good night axver! nice chatting with you :) we all have our own way of experiencing the world. each of us offers a different perspective that helps us understand this fucked up place just a little more.

(40 minutes later)

anyway how did we decide to go to such a boring location? and who's the fucker whose IP adress is masked here?

The guy who posted on Axver's LJ hating all of us had three IPs, and Dominican Republic was one of them.

Sorry you're bored. I'm doing well but i can't stay long - gotta shower and find my gift cards so I can go buy jeans. all my jeans have holes in them. also boots, as my boots have holes in them.

i'm gonna shower now but i'll be back in 5 minutes, i'm fast. then i can chat while my hair dries.

phillyfan26 said:
Things in Philly are below average-average. So, a typical day in Philly.
Sounds about right. It's a nice city in some parts, I regret writing it off as a shithole and not exploring more when I lived a 30 minute drive away in boring old Berks county.

Certainly the north and west portions of the city have earned that description, but, yes, there's more to it than its reputation.

I live west of the city, 30-35 minute drive from the city.

Yeah, pretty good area. I've spent my years living in Delaware County and Chester County. As far as suburbs go, I'd say it's pretty good.

TidalWave.jpg

Yes he is, and he's still as much of a dick as ever.

Jody Mac is back, though, on 950, which is a new sports radio they made two years ago. He's the only decent guy on the radio in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom