Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Well, it's been nearly five years. I'd just like to thank all the One fans. I couldn't have done it without arguing with you. Cheers, and please go wax your ears.

:wink:
And he shafts the setlist parties in the acceptance speech... :tsk:

Alisaura said:

Now that would be awesome!

Yeah, I can't wait until I get the prerequisites to do it!

Axver said:

We should find some random n00b and all of us congratulate them on their 24th post or something equally random.

How about that person who had an awesome first post in unico's thread in EYKIW?

major_panic said:
I absolutely love it though, that one of the subjects offerred in my theology course is "Understanding Islam" and includes compulsory discussion with an Islamic scholar!

Is that course subtitled "Lots of SuperWin"?

Well, the pills have kicked in, and the laughing has helped too :D

Better try to get some sleep while I'm feeling relatively good.

:hug:

Seeya folks :wave:

Alisaura said:

And he shafts the setlist parties in the acceptance speech... :tsk:

That would have been predictable. We all know how I feel about predictable setlists. I've got to keep mixing up my speeches too!

major_panic said:
Damn, just noticed that I'm the only one with a postcount not numbering in the thousands :reject:

Why hello, posting n00b!

:wink:

(Of course, that would be even funnier if you were a Dream Theater fan and had seen the John Petrucci "Phycho [sic] Lessons" on YouTube, but oh well ...)

Alisaura said:
Well, the pills have kicked in, and the laughing has helped too :D

Better try to get some sleep while I'm feeling relatively good.

:hug:

Seeya folks :wave:

Have a good night, Ali! :hug: :wave:

major_panic said:
How about that person who had an awesome first post in unico's thread in EYKIW?

:lmao: They followed it up with another great one too. Let's wait for them to hit something random like seven and then strike.

major_panic said:
I honestly don't know what to make of the Old Testament. I'm still trying to get my head around it. I mean, look at the book of Deuteronomy - there's political control if you ever saw it! (I wrote an essay partly based on that)

Thank God for Jesus, eh? Although I will say that the Old Testament HAS to be somehow reconciled or explained with the New - Christians can't just ignore it.

I'd be interested in reading that essay. The Old Testament has been a source of vehement criticism for me. I'm a pacifist (actually, from my brief religious flirtation, the whole "do unto others" thing) and I find myself completely unable to accept the sanctified genocides and whatnot throughout the Old Testament. So much of the Mosaic law just reeks of cultural norms being imposed and justified too. Part of the reason why I gave Christianity the shaft is that I could not reconcile the two Testaments. Plus I think Paul was a bit of a dick, and the Gospels don't meet acceptable standards of scholarly reliability.

mysterious_jen said:

religion makes me chuck. :yuck:

Somehow whenever I'm around, religion gets pulled into the discussion. :shifty:

Axver said:

They followed it up with another great one too. Let's wait for them to hit something random like seven and then strike.

In the same thread? I'm looking for it now.

major_panic said:
DEATH RAY ON!

Man, that Jolisu is a great poster already.

That was FANTASTIC. And come on, A Weak Maria Iced Wine? Jolisu totally brings the lulz. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom