Doherty blames Geldof's daughter for Live8 performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If its any interest Pete Doherty's band 'the baby shambles' were orginally called 'the chavs' until a near court case between a friend of mines band with the same name. Decided to drop the case and just change the name as they couldn't be bothered!

Peaches is very cute. I read an article that said she has a personality like her mum's.

As for Pete Doherty, he sounds like a walking train wreck. And I'm amazed by the fact that he and Liam Gallagher both had kids with the same woman, Lisa Moorish. Can any of our British friends tell us anything about her?

I've never heard of this guy before (not unusual for me) but what strikes me in looking at his pictures is that he doesn't have a face that will age well. It's kind of the cute little boy look that with age changes from cute little boy to creepy old guy without ever seeming to go through a fully mature man stage.

Not that it has anything to do with anything really. It's just interesting to me. Be fascinating to see him in 15 or so years.

Diane L said:

As for Pete Doherty, he sounds like a walking train wreck. And I'm amazed by the fact that he and Liam Gallagher both had kids with the same woman, Lisa Moorish. Can any of our British friends tell us anything about her?

She's not really famous or anything. She's the vocalist in a band called Kill City who've had little success.
I think people who do know of her know her moreso for being 'the mother of Liam Gallagher and Pete Doherty's kids' than anything else.
Last year, Liam Gallagher was really pissed off because he felt that the allamony he pays Moorish was being used to support Doherty's kid too (I think Pete was paying Lisa little to nothing per month). Quite bizarre, since recently Babyshambles have supported Oasis on tour. Liam can't stop singing Pete's praises these days :shrug:

bonosgirl84 said:
is that in reference to the smilie i posted?

if so...i didn't realize that was the "i'm aroused smilie"

:aroused:
Yeah, there's a bit of ambiguity since there's no :penetratemenow: smilie. Which is a bit of a shame, really.

Oh, and apparently Sir Bob's full name is: Robert Frederick Xenon Geldof.

Xenon?! That makes Peaches look sensible.

Peaches full name, incidentally, is Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Geldof. And she's fourteen right now. She has sisters named Pixie, Fifi Trixibelle, and Heavenly Hiraani Tigerlily. Her parents are fucking insane.

Last edited:
Re: jeSUS, people!

dead nancy said:
and baby shambles's single killamangiro is also available at the itms. 99 cents to actually know what this artist SOUNDS LIKE, if that interests you as much as who he's fucking...

xox,
dead nancy [/B]

thank you, dead nancy, for the iTunes commercial.

Here's to the prosperity of your stock portfolio...and baby shambles!

:sexywink::up:

typhoon said:

Yeah, there's a bit of ambiguity since there's no :penetratemenow: smilie. Which is a bit of a shame, really.

Oh, and apparently Sir Bob's full name is: Robert Frederick Xenon Geldof.

Xenon?! That makes Peaches look sensible.

Peaches full name, incidentally, is Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Geldof. And she's fourteen right now. She has sisters named Pixie, Fifi Trixibelle, and Heavenly Hiraani Tigerlily. Her parents are fucking insane.

Peaches is seriously only 14?:ohmy: that's younger than me! She looks um...experienced? or something in some ways so I thought she was much older than me. What is her mother's name? Do all of Bob's kids have the same mom? Is she that woman who is on Jerry Hall's tv show Kept (in the little caption whenever she comes on it says Bob Geldof's girlfriend, so maybe that's not their mom)? yes, I watch Kept :reject:
I knew his kids all had those names but I never saw their full names. Poor kids. They aren't even that pretty in my opinion. Well, at least their dad is Bob Geldof! I'd rather have that name and have a famous father than be a regular person :lol: (if that makes any sense)

sami0201 said:

Peaches is seriously only 14?:ohmy: that's younger than me! She looks um...experienced? or something in some ways so I thought she was much older than me. What is her mother's name? Do all of Bob's kids have the same mom? Is she that woman who is on Jerry Hall's tv show Kept (in the little caption whenever she comes on it says Bob Geldof's girlfriend, so maybe that's not their mom)? yes, I watch Kept :reject:
I knew his kids all had those names but I never saw their full names. Poor kids. They aren't even that pretty in my opinion. Well, at least their dad is Bob Geldof! I'd rather have that name and have a famous father than be a regular person :lol: (if that makes any sense)

Peaches mum was Paula Yates. I think she was mum to two of Geldof's other kids also. She died in 2000, of a drug overdose, I think. She and Geldof were divorced and she was in a relationship with Michael Hutchence (Heavenly Hiraani Tigerlily is their daughter) when he died.

indra said:

Peaches mum was Paula Yates. I think she was mum to two of Geldof's other kids also. She died in 2000, of a drug overdose, I think. She and Geldof were divorced and she was in a relationship with Michael Hutchence (Heavenly Hiraani Tigerlily is their daughter) when he died.

thanks. that's terrible, I didn't know that. Must be hard for Bob to raise girls on his own. so wait, Heavenly..... isn't Bob's biological daughter?

Last edited:
sami0201 said:

thanks. that's terrible, I didn't know that. Must be hard for Bob to raise girls on his own. so wait, Heavenly..... isn't Bob's biological daughter?

No she isn't, but he got custody in late 2000. I guess because he was willing and she would be able to be with her half sisters.

So, Doherty turns out to be 26. Way way older than I thought.

In comparison with Elton John's crap performance (for once I wish he would have done some of his sappy ballads) the Doherty thing was awesomely weird. It was kinda like Scissor Sisters with worse music-- but still, somehow exciting in the context of the rest of the stuff. I loved the costume. It was fucked up. It wasn't Live 8 maybe, but it was rock n roll.

Not that it was one of the best performances musically. :drool:

Furthermore,
PA-peaches.jpg

I could care less, really.

Sure Pete's fucked up his chance to be famous worldwide or something but

a) he was doing it for a good cause
b) the Libertines/Babyshambles are pretty good bands.

bread n' whine said:
the Doherty thing was awesomely weird. It was kinda like Scissor Sisters with worse music-- but still, somehow exciting in the context of the rest of the stuff. I loved the costume. It was fucked up. It wasn't Live 8 maybe, but it was rock n roll.

exactly :up:

jeSUS, people!

zonelistener said:

thank you, dead nancy, for the iTunes commercial.

Here's to the prosperity of your stock portfolio...and baby shambles!

:sexywink::up:

meh. wish i had a bit of apple stock! the commercial was more me caving to the current atmosphere of fear and loathing regarding p2p. it's just not wise these days to advise someone to fire up their copy of bittorrent and "steal" an mp3 or two. (speaking of, way to go nme for their column on bt, squealing to the last few bastards who don't know...then hollering out two of the last good torrent sites in existence. wtf? bye, tr. bye, ts...)

back on topic: no one in oasis is singing any praises for pete lately; yesterday they dropped baby shambles from their tour after pete did a no-show...

which is sort of funny, really. did oasis happen to check doherty's resume before asking his band to open for them? check any references? look at a trade rag in the last year? watch tv?

oh shit! doherty bailed! i could never have imagined this happening!

also: if your curiosity has been piqued, stalking pete doherty is a frikkin' must. more about a washed up schizophrenic film maker than anything else, but excellent. it only aired in the uk, i believe, but the rest of us can always fire up a copy of bittorrent...

Last edited:
Re: jeSUS, people!

dead nancy said:

back on topic: no one in oasis is singing any praises for pete lately; yesterday they dropped baby shambles from their tour after pete did a no-show...

which is sort of funny, really. did oasis happen to check doherty's resume before asking his band to open for them? check any references? look at a trade rag in the last year? watch tv?

oh shit! doherty bailed! i could never have imagined this happening!

And of course Oasis have always set themselves apart by being the world's most reliable and professional band.

Re: Re: jeSUS, people!

tarquinsuperb said:

And of course Oasis have always set themselves apart by being the world's most reliable and professional band.

:lmao:

Peaches isn't 14 - she's 16 (she might be 17, actually... i'm basing this on something I read a few months ago).

Doherty did murder a perfectly good song for no reason whatsoever. Ah well. I don't mind the Libertines or Babyshambles at all - some of their stuff is pretty good.

On a related note, what I do object to is the fact that a pinfreakdrunkjunkie is voted The Cool Icon of 2004 (NME). Pathetic prats.

:mad:

Attachments

• cover_231104_m.jpg
    cover_231104_m.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Ah yes the NME, the defenders of cool, read by 13 year olds everywhere.
Lest we forget the Rattle And Hum review incident.

Edit: Bollocks I have the balls to insult people but leave the 'r' out of 'eveRywhere', not cool.

Last edited:
HAHAHHA!!! That's great! I must admit, I quite like some of the Fool Timberlake's stuff. The first time I heard Señorita, I had no idea who it was. It's not my usual sort of thing, but it was catchy, and the call and answer stuff really amused me... it was different, a sort of infectious, quirky funk-groove. I couldn't believe it when I found out it was the muppet from N-Sync. Rock Your Body was good too, I thought.

Anyway, back to Doherty. He seems to be either a very confused and unhappy young man who needs help fast; or a nitwit flushing his considerable talent down the toilet. Sad state of affairs.

Back
Top Bottom