Doha, Qatar Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ours were like that too. my high school had four wings: W, O, L, and F. yeah, guess what our mascot was. so the room number was the wing and the room number. like W101. booooooring.

The wildcats!

Our rooms were normally from 1-9 which were in the main buildings of each house, and anything higher than that were prefab classrooms away from the main buildings. The school has an amazing view of the Hauraki Gulf. Most scenic school I've ever been to.

macleans college, auckland - Google Maps

ours were like that too. my high school had four wings: W, O, L, and F. yeah, guess what our mascot was. so the room number was the wing and the room number. like W101. booooooring.

My school's buildings were just lettered alphabetically. A through to F (there was no C in my time there, though I presume there once was), and I think there is a G now. And F Block has probably been destroyed. I hope it has been destroyed. It was a glorified demountable from the school's early days that had become rather permanently in place, but was almost entirely disused. It didn't even deserve the title of a block, really. It was just one big class (that could be split into two if required) and two staff offices, with lockers out on a verandah. All the other blocks were proper buildings with multiple classrooms and offices.

me too! :hi5:

and yeah. i got my mom's mom's first name, and my dad's mom's middle name. mary dorothy and laura catherine...laura dorothy would be even worse, so i was lucky. the first name i have picked out is chloe.

Chloe is a pretty nice name. Cracks me up though, once I knew these twins named Chloe and Zoe. I hate it when twins have matching names to go along with everything else, but at least it's easy to remember.

The wildcats!

Our rooms were normally from 1-9 which were in the main buildings of each house, and anything higher than that were prefab classrooms away from the main buildings. The school has an amazing view of the Hauraki Gulf. Most scenic school I've ever been to.

macleans college, auckland - Google Maps
:grumpy:

and wow, i just tried looking up my high school on google maps. the school's been there since 97, yet it's just a field. they haven't taken any new pics in 11 years? wtf. (oh god, this means 11 years ago i was a freshman. i feel old.)

Chloe is a pretty nice name. Cracks me up though, once I knew these twins named Chloe and Zoe. I hate it when twins have matching names to go along with everything else, but at least it's easy to remember.

Ugh, yeah, I can't stand that. I also can't stand these families who give all their kids names starting with the same letter (especially when the parents share that letter too).

Peter Buck from REM (whose children I still hope to have one day...) has twins called Zoe and Zelda

*useless fact file*

thanks. :) oh god. if i were to, god forbid, have twins, i'd name one chloe and one something like...stacy. not stacy because i don't really like the name, but basically something completely unrelated. i hate it too when twins have matching names. it's just too precious. and i hate precious.

:grumpy:

and wow, i just tried looking up my high school on google maps. the school's been there since 97, yet it's just a field. they haven't taken any new pics in 11 years? wtf. (oh god, this means 11 years ago i was a freshman. i feel old.)

Incredibly, my school is a relatively up to date photo - as in it was taken after Upham was finished and some of the classrooms put up in my last year, which was 2005.

For google maps, that's pretty up to date.

Ahem, I think we've all forgotten something.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,005
User Name Posts
Axver 180
bono_212 130
liamcool 110
KhanadaRhodes 110
LemonMelon 81
The Sad Punk 71
DreamOutLoud13 46
COBL_04 40
coolian2 40
RavenBlue 32
Alisaura 31
Serena Vox 29
phillyfan26 24
Varitek 23
cinnaminson 20
LemonMacPhisto 16
maddmaxstar 11
blueeyedgirl 4
gluey 3
mysterious_jen 3
Its Britastic! 1

Incredibly, my school is a relatively up to date photo - as in it was taken after Upham was finished and some of the classrooms put up in my last year, which was 2005.

For google maps, that's pretty up to date.
ooh, neat. my old apartments is kinda old too, the pic is obviously back from when it was (no joke) a housing project. i can tell because the swimming pool isn't there, it was put in when they converted it to apartments that actually made money.

the picture of our neighbourhood, i have no idea how old it is. i can't zoom in enough to see what car's in the driveway.

Ahem, I think we've all forgotten something.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,005
User Name Posts
Axver 180
bono_212 130
liamcool 110
KhanadaRhodes 110
LemonMelon 81
The Sad Punk 71
DreamOutLoud13 46
COBL_04 40
coolian2 40
RavenBlue 32
Alisaura 31
Serena Vox 29
phillyfan26 24
Varitek 23
cinnaminson 20
LemonMacPhisto 16
maddmaxstar 11
blueeyedgirl 4
gluey 3
mysterious_jen 3
Its Britastic! 1

Almost like the good old days.

Who's mad max?

Now Zelda is a name you don't hear often enough. Perhaps it's just become antiquated or something.

It's still a darnsight better than some of the names the members of U2 have lumbered their children with, Blue Angel???? :huh: You'd hope these kids have money for counselling...

thanks. :) oh god. if i were to, god forbid, have twins, i'd name one chloe and one something like...stacy. not stacy because i don't really like the name, but basically something completely unrelated. i hate it too when twins have matching names. it's just too precious. and i hate precious.

If I had twins, their names would be Apple and Snapple, and I would buy them matching clothes with numbers on them.

They would also try to kill me in my sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom