Doh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- The actors who provide the voices for the cartoon characters on the long-running TV show "The Simpsons" have stopped work in a bid to force a settlement of lengthy contract renewal talks, Daily Variety reported in its Thursday edition.

The Hollywood trade paper said the six actors have not shown up for two script readings in the past few weeks, holding up production on the hit satire's upcoming 16th season.

It quoted insiders as saying each cast member is asking for about $360,000 an episode, or $8 million for a 22-episode season. Each member currently earns $125,000 an episode. The highest-paid star in TV is Ray Romano, who reportedly earns between $1.7 million and $2 million per episode of his Emmy-winning series "Everybody Loves Raymond."

The three-year contracts for Dan Castellaneta (Homer), Hank Azaria (Moe, Apu, Comic Book Guy), Harry Shearer (Mr. Burns and others), Yeardley Smith (Lisa), Julie Kavner (Marge) and Nancy Cartwright (Bart) expired several months ago, and their representatives have been negotiating new ones to no avail, Daily Variety said.

The last "Simpsons" work dispute was in 1998, at a time when the actors were making $30,000 per episode. The show's producer, Twentieth Century Fox TV, hired casting directors in five cities to replace most of them before both sides worked out a new deal and resumed production.

"The Simpsons" airs in the United States on the Fox network. Both Fox and Twentieth Century Fox TV are owned by News Corp. Ltd.

The Simpsons used to be such a great show. It's no-where near being as good as it used to be.

I wouldn't agree over it being shitty for the last five years, but definately the last two ;)

hearing this sort of stuff just makes me sick, how can 'stars' justify this kind of extravagance when there are so many less fortunate people in the world..................

now speaking of cartoons did anyone see the episode of South Park when they were dealing with burning cds, all I remember from the show is a record guy taking the boys on a guided tour of stars lives and he showed the boys Britney Spears getting onto a commercial flight and how sad it was, but before burning cds she was able to fly in her private jet:laugh: I found it to be a very poignant episode.........

now I almost feel like boycotting the simpsons because of this:mad:

Just when you thought the Simpsons were nearing the end...

On the news this morning, I heard a mini interview with Yeardley Smith (voice of Lisa Simpson) and she said that there is going to be a Simpsons movie.

They should have done the movie in the mid-to-late 90's when the show was on fire. Now instead of just crappy episodes every Sunday, we'll get a crappy 90 minute movie.

From the good/bad news department. I head on the radio this morning that the actors have signed a new deal for a lot of money.

Any Simpsons episode is better than any episode of Friends.

~LadyLemon~ said:
I wouldn't agree over it being shitty for the last five years, but definitely the last two ;)

Indeed.

But two not so great years for the Simpsons is something that most other sitcoms/programs can't reach.

Back
Top Bottom