Doggie Daycare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Anyone out here use it?

I brought my new pup to get groomed today at "Dogs Rule", a daycare in our neighborhood. This place was like dog heaven!! He was so excited to see all the other dogs and play with them that I felt almost guilty taking him home when it was time!! They're prices are really reasonable, I mean, like 20 dollars for 4 days there... I'm seriously considering doing it maybe a day a week, just to break the routine for him, especially when I work my long day once a week.

My mother thinks I'm insane... and I havent even mentioned it to my husband yet because I know he'll think the same thing. I know it sounds like it may be, but I dont think it is!

If I had my way, my Harry would be at work with me!! I think the kids would like him... :D

Dogs are pack animals. Im sure your dog likes to play with friends.

My daughter (ie my human child) loves daycare, all the fuss and excitement and tonnes of other children. When I drop her off my 5 month old son gets all excited, wanting to play too.

If you can afford it, go for it. I wouldnt want to be a dog trapped in a backyard all day while the humans are off at work.

Zeke would probably love it, but I work from home so... Besides he has all the cats to boss around when I'm away. He love his job keeping them all in line. :)

I have 4 dogs, it's like my own doggy daycare.

Actually, Forrest, our male bulldog would probably love it. The others are a bit more aloof.

She ls Raging said:
Zeke! are you a Far Side fan?

Yep! :D And Zeke is a Blue Heeler and I thought Zeke was the perfect name for such a funky little dog! Someday I have to post a photo of him.

I always thought that would be a great dog name for that reason. I promise pics of Harry once I get them. I'm an old dinosaur, I still use film.

beli said:
Dogs are pack animals. Im sure your dog likes to play with friends.

What beli said :up: You could give it a try....or if they have an overnight service, now you know where to bring your dog when you're on vacation. I've never had a dog so obviously I have no experience with this, but the main reason we never got a dog was b/c everyone felt so bad thinking of how the dog would be alone all day in a small house/small yard. So my opinion would be, if you can afford it and it makes doggie happy, go for it.

All the pet sitting services around here insist on coming to YOUR house. I'd rather take them to someone else's, I don't want a strange person sitting in my house.

my friend is going to school to be a vet tech so she can open up her own pet sitting service. I told her I'd volunteer to help her when I can just to be around all of the dogs! :drool:

My dog is happiest when we take him for a play date with one of his brothers. So yeah, why not give it a try?

My sister's pug Pugsley was pretty incorrigible when he was a puppy, so she sent him off to a doggy day-care place while she was at work. A trainer worked with him several times during the day.
Unfortunately, not all of the lessons took, and after a few months the trainer told my sister, "We have to work a little more with Pugsley." At this point she had to stop bringing him there, because she'd spent over $500 and really couldn't finance any more sessions.
So now the family joke is that Pugsley was a doggie school drop-out!

If there was one close I would probably take my dog there sometimes. He does get regular play sessions with his dog buddies though, and he lives with 2 other dogs (but they don't play too much).

I'd actually really like to open my own doggy daycare/grooming. I already work at a grooming salon, I really would like to start my own business....but I have to find that money tree first...

Back
Top Bottom