Dog saved lives of lost mountain climbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great job! It sounds like everyone will be ok, including the dog. Those transmitters should be required if the hikers take such a potential risk in going up there...especially in winter.

I'm not sure the dog saved their lives, but she probably gave them a morale boost. What saved their lives was they were smart enough to bring the transmitter AND were able to call out on a cell phone. I'm glad the dog is OK. I feel bad it was subjected to that.

Doesn't means dogs are "better" in any way than cats, they just have physical abilities that cats don't have. I'm sure the bond between some cats and their owners can be just as strong as the bond between some dogs and theirs. Anyway, this isn't meant to be some sort of "dogs vs cats" thread- the bond between all animals and their humans is something to be celebrated. All animals and pets can be lifesavers in so many ways.

Cats have saved their owners' lives too, like from fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. All animals are awesome!

This dog mostly saved their lives by keeping them warm and laying on top of them. My cats have gotten me through many a cold night when the furnace wasn't working, laying all over me and purring.

Justin24 said:
This is why Dog's are better than................... Cat's.

I don't know about that....

I mean my cat would have looked at me and said "You are going to go mountain climbing in the middle of winter when you could stay here and snuggle up with me? Are you fucking stupid?" And I would have said "hmm, you know, I think you're right." Then I wouldn't have gotten into the situation to begin with.

:wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before they were rescued (they had been pretty well located though I think) I heard they had the dog with them and I thought "Oh I hope the dog will be ok." Let it to me to think that. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom