Dog Man Star- Album Listening Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a_bernardbutler.jpg

This man is my favorite guitar player. We're going to listen to him soon.:drool:

I made a point of not listening to the album early, so this party will be my first listen. I don't know if I've ever heard anything from it before. I don't think so.

Some random notes on the album.

For a while, Justine Frischmann played guitar for Suede. (she was the singer, Brett Anderson's girlfriend) She left and went on to form Elastica. If you want a really good female fronted rock record, check out this:

elastica_elastica_200.jpg

Suede put out their first record in 1993. The selftitled "Suede". They were hyped like mad by the British press. And they lived up to it. "Suede" was a great record. It wound up on most top album lists.

In 1994, they released "Dog Man Star." It was much more dramatic than the previous effort. It managed to be lush, romantic, sweeping, gritty, raw, all at the same time.

While they were recording, Bernard Butler quit left the band. They actually finished recording in shifts, so Bernard wouldn't have to see Brett. They hated each other. Luckily, we got this great recording.

Suede went on w/o Bernard, and put out some OK stuff, but Suede were never the same. Bernard and Brett were songwriting partners, and the lack of Bernard shows in later efforts.

pattip2000 said:
Doing some pre party homework MrBrau?

Yeah. I was playing air guitar for Che.

It's funny, I can point out great guitar bits if i air guitar them for Che.

If I don't air guitar, she doesn't hear them.

The second I pretend to play them, she can pick them out.

Back
Top Bottom