Dog Man Star- Album Listening Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problemo.

If you wanna look into more Suede, go right for their 1st album, the 1993 self titled "suede":

B00000294L.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It does alot of what "Dog Man Star" does.

Later efforts don't have Bernard writing or playing guitar. They're OK, but not great.

hippy said:

On the lyrics site I was on it lists Modern Boys as part of the album... perhaps it was a "hidden track" which would explain the delay

Yeah, hidden track on US copies.

Oh, in the US they're labeled as "London Suede" cause some jazz singer named Suede sued them.

MrBrau1 said:

it's coming via ysi.

I wouldn't mind checking it out either, thanks.

I'm looking forward to the next party! Maybe some prog metal next time like Dream Theater or Liquid Tension Experiment? :wink:

i am so glad so many people like Suede. They are so urban and poetic at the same time. Really interesting. And his voice...noone said about that voice that makes me cry because of his beauty:drool:

If you like DMS then check out the whole 'Stay Together' EP beacuse it's epic. EPIC I tell you.

My favourite Suede songs are 'Trash' and 'Beautiful Ones' though, the ones with Richard Oakes on guitar.

yertle-the-turtle said:
If you like DMS then check out the whole 'Stay Together' EP beacuse it's epic. EPIC I tell you.

My favourite Suede songs are 'Trash' and 'Beautiful Ones' though, the ones with Richard Oakes on guitar.

Those are 2 of the better post-Bernard tracks. They just never came near the feel of those first 2 records after bernard split.

My fav post-Bernard Suede tracks:

Beautiful Ones
Film Star
Every Monday Morning Comes
Star Crazy
One Hit To The Body
Positivity
She's In Fashion
Electricity

And the Stay Together EP is great. The full length "Stay Together", "The Living Dead", "My Dark Star" :drool:

Have you heard "My Insatiable One" & "He's Dead"?

MrBrau1 said:

Those are 2 of the better post-Bernard tracks. They just never came near the feel of those first 2 records after bernard split.

My fav post-Bernard Suede tracks:

Beautiful Ones
Film Star
Every Monday Morning Comes
Star Crazy
One Hit To The Body
Positivity
She's In Fashion
Electricity

And the Stay Together EP is great. The full length "Stay Together", "The Living Dead", "My Dark Star" :drool:

Have you heard "My Insatiable One" & "He's Dead"?

i would add 'together' to that list.
to the top of that list. how could you forget that one...
that song rocks.

I'm not the biggest fan of 'Filmstar', personally, but the rest you mention are awesome songs (particularly 'Starcrazy').

And yes I have heard the two tracks you've mentioned. I also like 'Whipsnade' and 'Killing of a Flashboy' loads.

They were one of the few bands who actually managed to cultivate a massive fanbase in this region; if you buy their best-of they've actually got a Singapore-recorded acoustic session, which is cool. Unfortunately I missed them every single time they came here.

Back
Top Bottom