Does Your Ipod.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Seem to "prefer" certain albums? Artist? etc...

It just seems like when I put mine on shuffle - it goes back and forth between like five albums/artists, and ignores the other 500 on there. Drives me crazy!!!

I know exactly what your talking about

Shuffle seems to cycle through the same songs over and over again:huh:

Yes!

Mine goes through "moods," too...its most frequent moods are U2 and REM, which I don't really mind, but it ignores some of the other artists I have on there whose songs I'm not as familiar with.

yes and my itunes seems to do the same thing.

:huh: i have a lot of versions of Bad but i don't normally want to hear them all in a row

the rockin edge said:
in itunes there's a setting: "Smart Shuffle" that lets you pick how likely you are to hear consecutive songs by the same artist :shrug:

dunno how it works, i don't use shuffle much

I cant find it :grumpy:

ok mr.smartypants :wink:

i can't find it.. maybe i have to update my itunes but i'm afraid. nothing good comes of my messing with itunes

She Is Raging said:

I cant find it :grumpy:

Smart shuffling
Whether you're in need of a steady flow of music for a party or you just want to hear random songs from your library, the obvious solution is to set iTunes to shuffle. Smart Shuffle, added to iTunes in a recent version, adds some control to this feature by allowing you to designate how likely you are to hear multiple songs in a row by the same artist or from the same album. To set up Smart Shuffle, simply go to iTunes > Preferences, then hit the Playback tab. Below the cross-fade controls, you'll find a Smart Shuffle slider that lets you adjust this feature's settings. You can further control this feature by setting it to randomize songs, albums, or groupings by clicking the appropriate radio button.

k i found it but i am again listening to Bad

i'm not complaining it's a good song but I heard another version just 4 songs ago.

I have 9783 songs on my itunes it can't be shuffling much

oops nevermind :reject: it's no longer on shuffle :eek:

U2@NYC said:
Why do they need a 'smart shuffle' if shuffle is supposed to be random? :shrug:

well i'm guessing the people with complaints about it playing the same artist mean an artist that are a large % of their itunes library?:shrug:

so if that's true and it is truly random then every song would have an equal chance of being played and if you have twice as much U2 (for example) then any other artist then it would have twice the chance of being played.

where as smart shuffle is not completely random, making it play more artists.

Smart Shuffle's functionality doesn't seem to carry over to the iPod's shuffle function.

^ Nice. :eyebrow:

Whenever my iPods on shuffle it always seems to play my Elvis stuff more than anything else, it really pisses me off. My batteries crapped up too, I'll charge it all night then listen to it for three hours and the battery'll be dead again. In a nutshell, iPods piss me off.

Back
Top Bottom