Does your country still have lickable stamps, and do you enjoy doing it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Recently I was sealing an envelope and noticed that it had a lickable seal. I haven't licked one of those in ages.

This made me think, does anyone use the lickable stamps anymore?

EDIT: And if so, do you enjoy it? :drool:

I'm not sure. I buy my stamps out of our petty cash drawer at work, and those are always in sticker rolls.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I buy my stamps out of our petty cash drawer at work, and those are always in sticker rolls.

And this is stopping you from licking them, why? :grumpy:

I only buy the peel and stick kind on a sheet or on a roll. I have no idea if they have the lickable kind in the US any more. Actually, I do so much email and bill paying online I don't use the post office or postal stamps much anymore.

I hated that nasty glue on the back. Ew!

They finally got rid of the lickable deposit envelopes at TD bank. I was so happy.

it was always great when you licked a stamp....never realizing it was still stuck to your tongue and gagged on it:happy: good times...good times.....

the rockin edge said:
haven't had any stamps that needed licking for ages.

Same here. The stamps I buy are all stickers. :shrug:

I do still lick the deposit envelopes at the ATM though. :p

But then you have to spit out whatever glue went into your mouth. :yuck:

GibsonGirl said:

And this is stopping you from licking them, why? :grumpy:

Because I work with a bunch of greasey computer geeks and I'd never consider licking something they may have touched! :tongue: :wink:

(seriously though, one guy got fired because he never showered and wore the same clothes every day :barf: )

what if stamps were flavored? :hmm:

fruit_berries.jpg

Yes, they do sell lickable stamps in the US. I get them every time I go to the stamp machine, 'cause I usually only need one or two at a time and they don't sell the sticker version individually in the machines. They taste super nasty and leave a nasty taste in your mouth for quite a while afterward. :angry:

Canadiens1160 said:
Recently I was sealing an envelope and noticed that it had a lickable seal. I haven't licked one of those in ages.

This made me think, does anyone use the lickable stamps anymore?

EDIT: And if so, do you enjoy it? :drool:

I do. :drool:

When I worked in one dept. of my job, someone couldn't do their regular job, so we had them stuffing envelopes. I said I would go find a sponge and bowl of water she could use for sealing the envelopes, she said " oh it's okay, I don't mind, the taste isn't as bad as people say". WHAAAAATTTTTT?????????? I had to keep making seinfeld jokes about it all day and was expecting her to call in sick or worse the next day, but no, she was fine! Different strokes for different folks and all that I guess:yuck:

In the Netherlands we don't have any lickable stamps anymore.. All stickers now, but the envelopes still need to be licked and I don't mind licking those.. I enjoy it. :wink:

a few hundred Christmas cards ruined my like for lickable stamps:tongue:

But looking forward to the Super Hero stamps that come out tomorrow.:yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom