Does the rest of your family like U2 + which of the smileys is your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Well, my brother was the first to be interested in U2, first time I ever heard U2 was on his stereo (I think he's taken a U2 break now, he wasn't interested in hearing any of the bootlegs I got). My second brother is more into dance & techno but he has a burned CD with New Year's day on it!
My parents - well, they know of them - but I don't think they could actually name a song. We were watching "Tribute to heroes" and Dad goes "Who's this?" and I go "It's U2", and he says "Don't know them" (to be far, he mostly listens to classical music), and then my Mum goes "You don't? They are very famous all over the world!" (which I think is the first and only time my Mum actually defended U2 to other people), which was :D, but followed by "He has a weak voice" Dad comment (again, keep in mind those opera singers are his reference) and a "Are they better known for their playing than singing?" Mum comment (also, she likes classical music) which i replied to with "No, both for singing and playing", but Dad made up for it by saying "he has a beautiful voice though".
Also they like the Beatles and like big band singers and Elvis, I think they might stuff like Stuck or Wild honey or Sweetest thing.

My favorite smiley is :wave:

Last edited:
My dad and sis were hauled along to Slane with me b/c

A. my dad cud drive me there and back and bought me stuff

B. my sis got me my tix

But they arent really fans- they dont hate them they r indifferent but my mum and dad both have u2 songs on their winmx lists

My bro always asks my mum to put the u2 tape on in the car on the way to skool every day and my sis shouts at him and says "your just trying to look cool infront of laura" and then they have a fight

So yeh my bro might like them i dunno

I like :wave: too

My mom likes them :) She doesnt own any albums though :der:

I have too many favorite smilies but I really like :der: and :wave:

my mom respects them, my father likes them, thinks they're ok, he's in utah, so i dont know...my daughter is tolerant of them now, i think she's getting burnt out, and she's only 6. scares me what she likes now, all this nsync or backstreet boys, aaron carter shit...but hey, she's 6 years old. i'd rather she listen to that than whatever's on the radio at the moment.

my favorite smilie is:uhoh: :help: :banghead:
oh hell, i like them all

I'm the only one in my entire (and very large) family who is a U2 fan. My parents and my older sister don't like rock music at all, and my older brothers are almost exclusively classic rock fans - they like hardly anything that came out after 1980. And my younger sister isn't a fan either. Sometimes I wish I wasn't the only one if the family who liked U2, but in a weird way it's kind of nice. I'll always be grateful to my brothers for exposing me to artists like Beatles and Eric Clapton at a young age, but U2 is something I discovered on my own so I feel more like their music speaks to me in a more personal way.

As for smilies, I can't choose a favorite because there are so many cool ones.

My family likes U2. My dad and brother just know their hits, but my mom listens to ATYCLB a lot. I'm going to try to get her into their older albums too. A brother also tries to play U2 songs on the guitar, but most of the time they end up sounding pretty bad.

My favorite smilies are :p: :yuck: and :hyper:

my Mum really likes U2- it was listening to her vinyl copy of Rattle that started of my U2 obsession. My dad knows who they are, but he mainly likes blues music, although he appreciates Bonos lyrics..

and my fave smiley is :drool:

My parents like U2, and my sis even admits to liking them now. :)

My fave smilies are :cute: and :reject: ...but I'm biased because those are the two that I found. :tongue:

I also enjoy :drool: though! :wave:

My mam loves them, sister loves them, and dad, well, hes just too hard to please, but he's used to them now and admits that he likes them.
Grandma likes bono, she says 'he's a lovely man, that bone-o'
i'll have to teach her how to say his name properly

fave smiley:banghead: hehehe, its hilarious

it was my older brother and sister who introduced me to U2 when I was kid. I took them to the Elevation concert in Nov here in Atlanta. it was my Christmas gift to them. My mother likes U2 and my younger brother likes them as well. My dad on the other hand, he does not understand the music at all...lol..it is too loud for him..he is old fashion and likes his jazz music.

here are my fav smilies:

:drool: :sexywink: :tongue: :p :scream: :macdevil:

My mom really likes them, just gets a bit burned out when I listen to them for days on end (or, used to, as in all of last year!). I even made her a U2 mix last year, and when I made her a mix cd this summer she requested "Walk On", "SBS", and "WOWY". :up:

My fave smilies have to be orgasm smiley and Miss Flirty.

:hyper: :flirt:

i almost typed 'orgasm' when i typed out the smiles, lmfao:lmao:

My aunt is a casual fan.
My Mum thinks Larry is cute and loves a lot of their songs. Her fave is HMTMKMKM.
My lil sis has been force fed them since birth so shes a fan.

:laugh: :laugh:

:yell:

:eyebrow:

i also think :yuck: is the cutest smilie here. i cant believe im talking about smilies.

My parents aren't really into U2. My dad's into the Beatles and Pink Floyd and Eric Clapton and stuff like that, and i'm not really sure what my mom listens to. I think she likes the Bee Gees :uhoh: and the Beatles too.

my favorite similies:

:crazy: :drunk: :coocoo: :shifty: :combust: :D

My mom likes U2 but she really LOVES the songs in which she can "understand what Bono is saying", as she puts it.

And her favorite U2er is Edge. She says, "He's just so cute!!!"

Crazy moms.

Oh and this is my favorite smiley :yawn:

Close second: :|

both of my parents and my husband are U2 fans. and my favourite smilies are:

:wink: cuz it's cute
:rant: cuz it's cute when the little hands that pop up and when it jumps
:uhoh: cuz i suggested it!
:der: cuz it's silly
:drunk: cuz the nose and tongue are cute
and finally...
:D cuz it's nice

No, my family doesn't like U2. They just put up with it cause they love me.

And this is my favorite smiley -> :hug:

My parents are indifferent and they think I'm completely insane....which I am :mac:
My sis likes them, but she' s nowhere near the fan that I am. She is more into bands like Nirvana and Hole. One of her friends is a really big U2 fan and a little of it rubbed of onto her. I think she is more of a fan than she likes to admit

my favorite smilies are :wink: :drool: :sexywink: :p :mac: :shifty: :laugh: :coocoo: and :lmao:

Last edited:
My mom and I both started listening in the early 80's...she likes them but not the way I do

My Dad thought thought they were "a bunch of English sissy's"...no matter how many times I told him they were Irish

My husband and kids tolerate them because of me

The rest of my family thinks Beautiful Day was their first hit song and thinks this is a new band I discovered :shrug:

I like :wave: :lmao: :der: and :eyebrow:

they are musiclovers too

None of them feel the way I do, but they certainly appreciate U2's talent and their place in the scheme of things.
My dad has always known which bands we love and will tell me he saw "Bone-o" on the news. I keep them updated on the important stuff( and they deserve full credit for listening...with interest).
Mum and dad gave me a ticket to see Emmylou Harris for my 40th Birthday and and IOU ticket fior my 41st, to the next Australian U2 concert. They know they matter to me.
My hub has on occassion played U2 songs in his band ( he's more into blues) and my 17 year old LOVES Achtung Baby( hu' hmmm can I have my CD back, please?)
U2 are living legends in my family and have their respect and admiration.

Favourite smilie? just one?

really?

just one? OK........:lmao:

with:hug: :bow: :dance: :love: :combust: close seconds

My wife and kids all like U2 - but not to the same level I do.

My son, who just turned 8, can frequently be heard saying "Let me guess - you're listening to U2 again." Yet he will rock out to some songs (like Elevation).

My daughter (2) loves to dance to U2 in concert.

My favorite smilie - :tongue:

My sister is a casual fan. I send her vids, bootlegs and cds. I might have sent her too much though. Enough for a casual fan to get sick of them. :D She avoids asking me questions about U2, for fear of me going on and on about them. :lmao: When I sent her a non-U2 video, I just HAD to insert MW on Zoo TV for to see. I never got a response. :laugh:

My favorite smiley? Can't decide. Maybe :lmao:

I basically forced U2 on my mom, but she likes them lots now. :) She can even pick out Edge's first guitar!! (too much vh1 behind the music, hehe):yes:

My favorite...:eeklaugh: or :crack:

My dad and sister got me into U2..

My mom is not really a rock music fan.. She sticks to Celine Dion-type nonsense.

My family likes them, but not as much as me. They like them enough to be interested in new songs, interview blurps, remixes, etc. that I share with them. That's all I ask for- the opportunity to share new tidbits of U2 information and music with the casual fan!

My hubby likes them, but rolls his eyes at my excessive love for them and their music. Bono fascinates me, and he jokes that I like Bono more than him. :wink:

When someone asked my hubby who I could be if I could be anyone, he said jokingly, "Bono's Wife!" :ohmy:

Favourite smilies:
1st place: :lmao:
Runner ups:
:ohmy: :rant: :crazy: :cute:

My mom like Celine Dion and Enya. Enough said.
My dad has a casual appreciation for the band, nothing big. He couldn't name any songs. He bought JT in 1987 on vinyl and never listened to it. He like Coldplay better. He's a huge Beatles fan, Pink Floyd, etc. My dad is basically me in male form. :sexywink:

My bro...started off as a gino dance music loser. I hated that stage. Then, something wonderful happened and he made himself a U2 cd and now LOVES them. Not like I do, but to the point where he CAN recogmize them on the radio. He made me burn him a copy of The BEst Of (the old and new ones). I just lent him Pop. Bono is his hero. He listens to ES EVERYDAY...he told me he'll never buy the cds tho cause he can just steal them from me :tongue: Grrr.....he's not quite into the whole B-sides thing yet, so I'll always have my B-sides.
..and he keeps trying to analyze the meaning of ES...I swear, he's driving me mad!

And my sis...she's 12. The happiest day of my life is when she came in and said, 'Can you play The Sweetest Thing again? And then Elevation?' *tears of joy*
She's my little protege. She can name all the band members. :)

Fav smilie: :tongue: and :|

Back
Top Bottom