does size matter? (plus a crazy idea) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2002, 04:38 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:50 PM
does size matter? (plus a crazy idea)

Your height - how does it affect you in real life? (particularly a question for the smaller people)

Not that size.

(made you look, eh?)

Crazy idea? Well, you'll laugh, but since a few days i've had this thought about writing a poem about some of the regulars at this place.
So...should i do it? (it doesn't have to rhyme, does it?) Or is it a redicioulus idea?

For certain individuals who seek lewdness everywhere (you know who you are), i was at a cell phone store the other day, and Nokia was selling this pack of: the little phone protection bag, the battery, and the charger. They called the pack
3Some.

Old 03-09-2002, 04:45 PM   #2
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Awwwwww thats such a sweet story Girlie-girl

I hope those lude folks you were referring to find this.

Yes you should write a poem, I would likie to read it. I don't think height matters in real life, of course I'm 5'11" which dosen't carry any baggage with it. I have known short guys who felt the need to compenstate for being called "pee wee" their whole childhood.

Bono, for one, is a good example of a little guy overcoming tall obstecales

Old 03-09-2002, 04:47 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 09:50 PM
i like my height im 5ft5/6 im taller than my friends who r girls but smaller than all my guy friends- it used to annoy me and it annoys me now cus my 13 year old sister is an inch smaller than me and my bro who sued to be tiny is growing now too and hes catching up- they r gonna dwarf me

oh thats not a crazy idea- its a kool idea- can u write sumting about me- now thats crazy
Old 03-09-2002, 04:55 PM   #4
Banned

Local Time: 03:50 AM
I'm only 5'4, 5'5 in shoes. I actually LOVE being short! It makes you look more youthful,cuter, and has a lot of advantages. There are times when i'd desperately love to be really tall though, such as when people are picking on me, treating me like trash, bullying me, etc. But, most of the time, i enjoy being average height.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...
Old 03-09-2002, 04:57 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge:
Awwwwww thats such a sweet story Girlie-girl

I hope those lude folks you were referring to find this.

Yes you should write a poem, I would likie to read it. I don't think height matters in real life, of course I'm 5'11" which dosen't carry any baggage with it. I have known short guys who felt the need to compenstate for being called "pee wee" their whole childhood.

Bono, for one, is a good example of a little guy overcoming tall obstecales
Hehehe...just the person i thought would come along.

As for the poem: it's gonna be a nice one, ok? So far i have ideas on what to write about deathbear, sicy, mad1...that's it actually. Any ideas/suggestions who to include?

ps: I'm 155 cm myself. (of course, i don't need to tell you all of my friends are taller.) It hasn't affected my life in any negative way, though i used to wish to be 160 cm tall. Not anymore.

Old 03-09-2002, 06:48 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 06:50 AM
I'm 5'8,5'11 in my stylish black boots .

I have noticed that most men are intimidated by tall women and mostly go for petite women.I guess it makes them feel more manly.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:19 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 11:50 AM
I'm 5'2 3/4 " and I really like it. It makes it very easy to fit right under a guys chin when you're cuddling. Although, when your dad's 6'2, your sis is 6'1 and your mom is 5'11, you do get a lot of questions.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:03 PM   #8
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
As for the poem: it's gonna be a nice one, ok? So far i have ideas on what to write about deathbear, sicy, mad1...that's it actually. Any ideas/suggestions who to include?

ps: I'm 155 cm myself.
Be careful what you write about Deathbear, you don't want to send him back into orbit And whatever you do, don't mention Sicy's height or she will turn you into a dog

And BTW, WTF is 155 cm
Old 03-09-2002, 08:19 PM   #9
Refugee

Yes
height matters.
Bono called me 'the big guy who is made of steel', and then someone yelled- (from the front row) "the 'big guy ' is huge"..

Please post your poem.

DB9

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 03-09-2002).]
Old 03-09-2002, 08:43 PM   #10
Refugee

Size DOES matter. I don't know about you other guys, but I find that women prefer to go for taller guys.

I'm 6ft2.

Ant.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:50 PM   #11
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Yes
height matters.
Bono called me 'the big guy who is made of steel', and then someone yelled- (from the front row) "the 'big guy ' is huge"..

That doesn't matter. If you were short, they just would have called you some little leprechaun who leapt onto the stage.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 03-09-2002).]
Old 03-09-2002, 09:13 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:50 AM
I think I am almost tall for an Asian but among Westerners I am a dwarf and this works against me when I'm at a concert. Bah.

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce
Old 03-09-2002, 09:18 PM   #13
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:50 PM
I'm 5'7"

It's already very tall for an asian like me!!! I'm the tallest among my girlie friends!

It does annoy me that I'm even taller than some boys!! Thanks goodness most of the boys I know are taller than me...

Actually size does matter to me. I don't like being so tall though. People would come and ask, why you're so tall? I don't like that at all. Also, I would like my boyfriend taller than me. If not, at least he has to be the same height as me!!
Old 03-09-2002, 09:26 PM   #14
Refugee

No matter what size you are, you can twist it so that the whole world is against you.
Old 03-10-2002, 03:27 AM   #15
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I guess I like being tall (6'5"), and let me tell you this story I've told a million times before and tell at the slightest provocation about a famous guy and me getting up on stage...oh wait, that's DimonBro! Silly me... (just kidding db ).

Seriously though, it's got it's advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages: it's a bonus in sports like basketball and volleyball, I'm easy to find in a crowd and can find my way through crowds and see over them easier than most (a nice plus at concerts! ), There are few people I have to literally look up to, and I offer a lot more cuddle space than most people , and um....some other size advantages...

Disadvantages: Finding good shoes my size is a pain in the ass, same thing with some clothes (pants in particular), the dumb "how's the weather up there?" jokes I've heard practically my entire life, other people have to strain their necks to look at me eye to eye .

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 03-10-2002).]