Does intelligent post interest people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
soul service,

I am going to tell you the same thing that I told my best friend who has just been divorced from a complete dirtbag.. She is just starting to date again and doesn't know if it's right since she has a toddler...

In life, draw your own line. Live by your standards - not what other people write, say or do. Observe, then draw your own conclusions and apply them to your life based on your convictions and morals.

From your last post, you seem to be yelling out "teach me!" "touch me! feel me!" That might be a bit too heavy for those of us like me who come here to have a good time.
Thus, we are hesitant to interact with your requests immediately.

If you want to find "Answers" you need to go experience life in the real world - and gain insight by doing, not reading our opinions or preparing. You seem very needy of guidance. Obviously, because none of us know you, we cannot tell you what you should do. If you want to debate the fundamentals of modern man's existential dilemma, go to that kind of discussion group. If you want religious discussion, go to a religious group. But understand that just because we aren't talking about deep things here and right now, doesn't mean that we don't desire that kind of interaction - we do, but deep "personal life" discussions are much more comfortable when you know the person you are talking to - and not some stranger on a keyboard.

See, the goal of this thread was really ASKING people if they were interested in intelligent threads. By the way I was expressing myself, I turned out to radically and gave only one side of what I'm thinking.

I'm not thinking that people here aren't intelligent people. I'm not thinking that people here don't want to talk intelligently. It's just that looking at all the subjects and everything, it made me feel like... I posted a thread called "Happiness is voluntary". After discussing with Foray, it turns out to be "Joy is voluntary". THe point is that this thread came from all the "What you hate most about life" stuff. It made me feel sick to see people complaining on themselves. I talked a bit in the Smell of Blood in the Air thread in Free your mind. To ME(voluntary capitals), it fees as if people were only listening to their point of view, agreeing with people only if was their point of view. I can't really explain that fact without writing a whole book, so I'll get over it.

I came with the idea of discussing with true people on an interface that is a forum. I realised that even on a forum where people can't see you, there is still this gang effect of "will I "look" cool" "Will they listen to me". Do you get what I mean? I'm relatively generous of myself. I have no problem giving truly what I think, no matter what people think. I don't really believe I came here for guidance, but more for exchanging. You know, when you talk of stuff with other people, you have another point of view, and will discussing, you maybe realise that there was some stuff you didn't see. I came here in that mind. And yeah, it wasn't the good mind! I agree!! It's alright to talk of easy stuff!!! I was just surprised or maybe disapointed to see all of this...

I'm a man of contradictions and I know it. See, just keeping answering here is contradictory to what I said in the last second or third post.... But I feel I didn't really get the answer I wanted. That's why I'm still here. I asked another question "Why do we indecently share our thoughts on websites?". I can do this in real life and I DO it. I wonder why people don't do it in real life and why they do it here? I mean, what does it matter to really tell what you think?

This answer is already to long and doesn't say pretty much what I wanted it to say... Though, I hope you read it through the lines. I hope it clarifies some things and I hope I didn't offend anyone in this thread or another!!!! I'm just expressing MY point of view. If you have another one and disagree STONGLY with me, it's your point of view and I respect that and I appreciate we discuss so I can figure out where it doesn't connect...

My wish was only to make people discuss of things we don't discuss often. I'd really like that people would do what you said: live their own life and developp their own ideas and blablabla. If they'd do that, discussing could really become exchanging!

Good point(s).

But perhaps, as a newer member of the Forum, you are asking too much of people who do not know you. (I'm relatively new as well, and I certainly wouldn't want to go deep at my status or ask others to who do not know me)

Perhaps you should take a Psychology course if you are interested in people and their motivations.

Perhaps some don't want to talk about personal issues here. And maybe this might not be the right place to talk about and "exchange" the thoughts you are looking for. I would recommend you visit Deja and go to the specific discussion groups that discuss specifically the things you want to discuss and "exchange" about...
It's kind of like using a bicycle (a fun pasttime) to swim (another fun pasttime).. but these two pasttimes don't necessarily go together function together.. maybe apply that metaphor to what you were attempting to accomplish discussion-wise here.

I dunno. I'm only trying to help. You really seem like you need to talk and work specific things out (or possibly non-specific) and if I can help you find the ideal place to do so, then cool.

Thank HelloAngel!!! Still, I'll just back off a bit from the internet and "do" more stuff instead of "think" more stuff. I'll try to enjoy easier subjects of conversation!!! LOL!!! I appreciated your attention. Thank!

Back
Top Bottom