Does intelligent post interest people? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2001, 12:30 AM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Yup! That's sufficient... Still, rather than talking politic or whatever, I'd go in a spiritual or just life talking. or just goofing, but with a goal. Know what I mean? I like to do things for a reason which is evolution. Maybe I'm too much in my head. But, no, I'd like to talk from the heart, but it seems people aren't that open, even if not in real life.

Old 11-02-2001, 12:32 AM   #17
Banned

What you usually get from me on this board:

GREAt!

CK

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 11-05-2001).]

Old 11-02-2001, 12:41 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:52 AM
Whoa, I didn't say that the discussions on this board aren't deep enough. I think that we have a fair share of deep and superficial topics. As for those who 'shout for the sake of shouting'... Hey, relax; it's a forum. That's what forums are for. Some people find it difficult to be goofy in real life, so they have an escape in online forums.

foray
Old 11-02-2001, 12:44 AM   #19
The Fly

Right... I'm just not used to it. I guess I was looking for something else.
Old 11-02-2001, 12:42 PM   #20
War Child

soul service,

I would suggest the Free Your Mind section...they discuss all the heavy shit over there. Check it out...
Old 11-02-2001, 12:48 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 10:52 AM
An interesting topic indeed...

Ormus
Old 11-02-2001, 12:56 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by soul service:
Right... I'm just not used to it. I guess I was looking for something else.
soul service,

My experience with Forums that have a good assortment of "intelligent" postings has been off of http://www.deja.com. There are hundreds of discussion groups on Philosophy, Psychology, every musical group - basically, anything any human anywhere would want to talk about - is on Deja.

Hope this helps!

If Deja doesn't sound appealing, the Free Your Mind Forum that popkidu2 suggested is just the ticket!
Old 11-02-2001, 11:29 PM   #23
The Fly

Thank for the suggestions!

Hello Angel, I appreciate it! Really thankful!!
Old 11-02-2001, 11:58 PM   #24
The Fly

deja sounds appealing... But, I answered myself in this thread. "Maybe it's not what I'm looking for". I'm looking for personal contact. I need people to put their soul in what they do, cause I do so. I need to feel, even by computer, who the other is. I don't want shitty stuff written behind a mask. I'm not saying that's what is on deja. It's just that I realised I maybe more want a personal contact, one on one, rather than a forum. Also realised I didn't appreciate myself for spending so much time on forums, because, the time I spend on it talking and "figuring" things, even about life, it's not worth applying things. I rather take this time to DO things instead of talking. I think I found a bit what I was looking for. I need concrete goals right now, something I can achieve instead of something I can conceptualise. Hope you get what I mean. I still believe that exchanging with people is ok, but not the way I do it. And it only concerns myself... Not including others in that. I believe in evolution and I need new stuff to embrase my brain and belly. I need to feel this fire inside saying "Give yourself to it!!!". If you're open to any discussion, give me news of it, on the forum or by e-mail (soul_serv@hotmail.com). Willing to talk about anything and everything! Hope I didn't bore you!!! Thank for everything!
Old 11-03-2001, 12:37 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:52 AM
I guess that explains the "soul service" handle?
Old 11-03-2001, 01:52 AM   #26
Acrobat

Only if you can walk straight while eating a chewing gum, being buzzed and drunk at the same time. Otherwize, it's a waiste of time, I tell you, that internet stuff, blablabla...

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : <A HREF="http://www.unesco.org
Amnesty" TARGET=_blank>www.unesco.org
Amnesty</A> International : www.amnesty.org - Greenpeace International : <A HREF="http://www.greenpeace.org
Reporters" TARGET=_blank>www.greenpeace.org
Reporters</A> Sans Frontires [Reporters Without Borders] : www.rsf.fr - Mdecins Sans Frontires [Doctors Without Borders] : www.paris.msf.org
Old 11-04-2001, 07:55 PM   #27
The Fly

soulman is that you???
if so, what is the code word for pillow...
hahahaha
Old 11-04-2001, 09:03 PM   #28
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 09:52 AM
Alright, Holy John, add this to your lil unicef and other dealies.
http://www.thehungersite.com/

gives ppl a chance to donate free food to 3rd world countries. I try to get there every now and again, idealy you go once a day, but its hard to keep others in mind while dealing with a busy life.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:06 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:52 AM
The better question to ask is - perhaps of yourself - is what you consider "intelligent." Some people feel that a good understanding of either mechanical or mathematical concepts is the definition of intelligence. However, I should point out that most mathematically inclined people are considered "poindexters" and many people with a strong mechanical intuition, such as car mechanics, are "grease jockeys." Neither are respected in society.

Often people consider wit as a sign of intelligence - until said wit offends them or they "don't get it." Dennis Miller is an example of this. Miller is a very witty man, but apparently, far TOO witty for Monday Night Football.

In other words, you have to define what you consider intelligent. Once you have this definition, I guarantee you will find it in numerous posts on this board.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:20 AM   #30
The Fly

DoctorWho, I must confess that the use of "intelligent" wasn't exact. What I mean by intelligent doesn't refer in anyway to maths. I believe that some people who doesn't understand a thing to maths can be very intelligent! Intelligence can barely be described, because it's way too large. What I wanted to say was something... people rely on. The basis. You know, the thing that makes we all connect together. I wanted to talk about basis, to see if the structure I was building on it was going to stand when finished... I wanted to talk about things that can make you change your way of seeing things or life or wathever... So, I agree that the term "intelligent" wasn't correct.

People always think they're right. I wanted to find people who were able to say "Maybe I'm wrong...". Humility is a sign of intelligence, cause you understood you can learn from everyone. That's what I was looking for : learning. And some people base their opinion on others opinion, which, sometimes, they don't truly understand. Still, they believe they possess the truth in their hands. I wanted to exchange with people who had built themselves their own ideas on things. Maybe that's what I was saying by "intelligent"...