Does anyone post at atease.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I do.
there are few and far between u2 fans there. I usually have to defend our boys against a bunch of jerks who hate them for no good reasons. (but they love radiohead....hmm..:scratch: )

anyways, there are some cool folks there.:wink:

I don't know, from what I've seen and heard they are not a very pleasant group, and I don't like the general attitude I've seen, I really have no time for any of that posturing

Wherever competition arises so will dissention.

U2 fans see Radiohead as becoming really big and having lots of fans and so they try to downplay that and say how over-rated they are.

Radhiohead fans, in my experience, similar to indie music fans, see U2 fans as being almost cheesy and lacking of good humour. They tend to use the kind of humour which we may find in IO here, radiohead fans tend to try and not make sense or they try and be really obscure.
All of this clashes with their perception of U2 fans.

I'm a HUGE fan of both, however!!

basically their criticism's are:
1. bono is a pain in the ass/massive ego/wanna be do-gooder
2. u2's new music sucks and they write corny shit like stuck and bd and walk on.

obviously I don't agree.:madspit:

every time i go here, i go there. though really, im not sure why. i always feel depressed after reading what they have to say. terrible attitudes.

as for the new u2 being crap, ofcourse people think that, when people here such innovative songs as mofo and gone on pop and then they hear wild honey and grace on atyclb. clearly the edge is out of u2's most recent work, and i can only hope their next album will have more bite to it.

ive said it before, but if i want to listen to adult contemporary music i dont want it to be u2, cause u2 should not be adult contemporary music!

that being said, its only fair i point out i do in fact like their latest disc.

well "the hands that built america" sure looks like a step in the right direction, a return to hardcore "roots music" with booming guitar riffs and funky basslines... provocative lyrics from bono... yep, it's all there

I failed to pick up those aspects from the clip at u2.com.
maybe you heard the whole song?:question:

I thought the little bit I heard sounded like something from the Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack

But more songs like Falling at Your Feet and Ground Beneath Her Feet or the number two track(fuck I forget its name) won't go amiss on me!
I love that cd!

Salome said:
I don't post at atease.com
but I might in the near future

Bring a suit of armor and a sandwhich.

jofo, you wouldnt happen to be cloudcookooland at that forum by chance are ya?

that guy is a die hard fan and i enjoy reading him stick up for u2 constantly.

to be fair, it does seem for the most part that those stuck up fans do give respect to u2.

Zoomerang96 said:
jofo, you wouldnt happen to be cloudcookooland at that forum by chance are ya?

that guy is a die hard fan and i enjoy reading him stick up for u2 constantly.

to be fair, it does seem for the most part that those stuck up fans do give respect to u2.

me that is.:sexywink: :lemon: :cool:

Back
Top Bottom