Does anyone here work two jobs? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2004, 04:53 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Essentially you learn to function on about 4-5 hours of sleep/night. It's doable, but you will crash eventually.
This happened last week for me.

I work a 50 to 60 hour-a-week full-time job running a small, but busy, operation and then coach a college mens club lacrosse team (by myself). I travel a lot with my job, as well as with the lacrosse team.

I got deathly ill last Thursday (ok, deathly is a stretch, but you get the idea) and was told by a health official it was stress-induced.

I still haven't had time to rest, but was able to get away the last four days from "work" on a team trip to North Carolina (2-1...not a bad record).

zoney ->

Old 03-25-2004, 02:57 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 06:55 PM
At the moment I am working three jobs,

part time student (I am doing a graduate diploma in education:adult literacy teaching)

I tutor 6 hours a week in a first year under-grad media course. Whilst this dosnt sound like a lot of contact hours, like all things that are University based there is a lot of work that you have to do at home and because I get paid quite well for this work, I put in a lot of prep work at home

and then every sunday I usually work at a market selling drinks and icy-poles

oh and then there is my social life, which is a job unto itself!!!!!

Old 03-25-2004, 10:12 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

This happened last week for me.

I work a 50 to 60 hour-a-week full-time job running a small, but busy, operation and then coach a college mens club lacrosse team (by myself). I travel a lot with my job, as well as with the lacrosse team.

I got deathly ill last Thursday (ok, deathly is a stretch, but you get the idea) and was told by a health official it was stress-induced.

I still haven't had time to rest, but was able to get away the last four days from "work" on a team trip to North Carolina (2-1...not a bad record).

zoney ->

for the Z-Meister!!!

There was a time in my former life (BB- "before BAW") that my former spouse DE-FUCKING-MANDED that I pull my own fair-share and work TWO JOBS while she sat on her ass to raise kids....you see, she didn't clean the house (her mom and grandma did), she didn't work, I did, I bought groceries (but I read her list) and I did the banking and all of the other household essentials mandatory of a fricken slave...you see, Police-work paid very well but that wasn't enough...Debbie wanted more! She wanted more of my time, my money, my freedom, she wanted to smoooooottthhherrrr me! No outside friends for you Rick, NONE!

Last month, I ran a post in confessionals about what have you done, in there I listed a series of jobs that I did...some unusual but most at Debbie's order...but now, I have regained my livelihood...I divorced that wicked women in 1983 (wasn't final until 1986) I solo'd for couple years until the lovely BAW came into my life and we two are now ONE... I only need one job now and a big smile and hug to keep me warm and fuzzy...Bye,
Old 03-26-2004, 12:01 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I have two full time jobs...85+ hours a week. Been doing it for the last 4 years.

Fun stuff.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

hi MK!

Nice post Mr. Baw!
Old 03-27-2004, 07:43 AM   #21
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld

I have two full time jobs...85+ hours a week. Been doing it for the last 4 years.

Fun stuff.

Literally, how do you do this?
Old 03-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Seriously, it sucks. But you really do get used to it. I work Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 9:30 pm and Saturdays from 8:00-6:00. Usually I work for about 4 or 5 hours on Sundays. The thing is, I graduated from college and was lucky enough to be offered two jobs immediately. So, I took them both. The point is, I've never known any other schedule so its hard for me to bitch about it, you know?
I was an athlete in college which took about 40 hours of my week. My schedule has always been full so it wasn't hard for me to trade my sport for a second job. I just kind of went right into it.

Don't know if that helps.

Old 03-28-2004, 02:42 AM   #23
Jesus Online

Bloody hell MK! At least (it seems) they've been flexible with you hours so you could fit both in.
You have no recreation time. Would you say you are a workaholic? Sorry if this is a personal question, I know some people need work, too much spare time makes them feel...restless etc.

I am amazed and in full admiration.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:19 AM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 08:55 AM
For now I am working one full-time job, 42.5 hours a week. But it's only temporary.

While I was at uni I had a tutoring job - 6 hours a week - and I volunteered at the museum a few hours a week as well (I'll go back to this when my current job finishes, if I haven't found something else by then).

I am so not used to working full-time. Seriously, uni was the best time I've ever had - 12 hours of lectures and tutes a week! Easy as. I want to go back ...
Old 03-28-2004, 07:12 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:55 AM
I don't want to work at all.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:38 AM   #26
Jesus Online

me either.
meggie you and sam really should come to aus. not only do we accept poms by the boatload (sam being your hubby will give you automatic entrance), but we also have a habbit of supporting people for an awfully long time on the dole.

im too lazy for work. honestly.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:55 AM
I'm a full time student (15 credit hours) and I work 15 hours a week at my HelpDesk job (I work over 40 hrs a week there when not in school) and also have another job on campus, but it only requires a few hours of work each week. I'm thinking about applying to be my Resident Director's assistant next year which would add another 15 hrs a week so I'd be working 30 hrs a week during school next year (plus 12-16 credit hours of classes) and 50 this summer.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #28
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 PM
I think everyone in this thread needs a hug and some sleep.

Old 03-28-2004, 05:27 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Bloody hell MK! At least (it seems) they've been flexible with you hours so you could fit both in.
You have no recreation time. Would you say you are a workaholic? Sorry if this is a personal question, I know some people need work, too much spare time makes them feel...restless etc.

I am amazed and in full admiration.
Naaah, its not personal. I guess you'd say I'm a workaholic, I never really thought of it that way. My mom hates my schedule. She says I'm too young to be working this much.

Anyway, like I said, I don't know any other working schedule. I'd never had a job before graduating from college so "9 to 5" wasn't really in my head yet. I know that I couldn't go to this schedule now after having NOT had this kind of working life, thats for sure!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:53 PM   #30
Refugee

I haaaaaaaaate work- I have only ever had one full time job, well it was 30 hours a week, but it was secretarial work- 10-4 Mon-Fri and I just hated it, I cant stand office work and I hate work that is mundane and boring, I could never be a full time office person, thats why I got out of journalism and now am looking at teaching- at least it is a bit more un officey!!!!!!! and where I live it is sooooooo easy to get distracted from working, casual or part-time work is the best, my dream job is teaching 9-3 Tues-Fri, I really dont have much incentive to work mega hours, cause the more you work the more you get taxed, when I was working 30 hours a week I was getting in my hand at the end of the week almost the same amount as my friends who were working 40hours a week, three day weekend and four days a week work would be bliss in my book:-)