Does anyone here knit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Just looking to see if anyone else here knits?

Has anyone ever knitted (is that the right word lol?) any mitts or gloves or anyting? :help:

I'm also looking for someone to tell me aboot different type of patterns & styles

:D Thanks :D

J'ai d? dormir dans la goutti?re

I tink it's very easy....only took me tree months to knit a scarf :lol: :laugh: :D :rolleyes: :lol:

Damn all I can knit is a simplescarf- oooooh is crochet easy meg?:help:

Allez hop! T'occupe

aaawk hey laura

you are :help: ful- joost not with knitting questions :tongue: lol

how r ye??

hey hey!!!

well im pretty good at the mo!!

guess what three gigs i got tickets for last night and am therefore extremely proud and excited??

GO ON HAVE A GUESS!!!:wave:

I do !! My computer is messing up everytime I come here If you want, email me, and I can fill you in on a bunch of stuff. I think I better try to fix my #&#&#* computer now.
Or you could PM mee too(that might work ok on my computer)
Mrs.Clayton

coolhandlaura said:
hey hey!!!

well im pretty good at the mo!!

guess what three gigs i got tickets for last night and am therefore extremely proud and excited??

GO ON HAVE A GUESS!!!:wave:

SLANE!!!!!

Im going for free as a v.i.p did i tell ye AND im sitting on the hill beside the castle with tables and chairs :tongue:

Oh Mrs C-shall be in touch!!! :D

coolhandlaura said:
nah no!! youre wrong!!

have another guess!!

plus i hate the stereophonics...!!!!!

COLDPLAY????????!!!!!!!!

OR certain gaelic match :shrug:

coolhandlaura said:
ok, concert no 1.....

COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the Point!!

I CANT WAIT!!

THEYLL BE EVEN BETTER THAN AT SLANE!!!!

In true bonochick styleeee- and this one time i met coldplay..............

concert no 3....

OASIS OASIS OASIS OASIS!!!!!!!!

in Derry!!!!!!!!!!!

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

AND NOW THEYRE PLAYIN WONDERWALL AGAIN!!

ps-lara you never did tell me what coldplay are like etc etc PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

jaysus- someones spoilt :tongue: :p- girlie do u want the ladies email addy from the paper so u get hmv vouchers or ?????

OMG TREE CONCERTS!!!!!!!!!

oh oh oh my concert story is in IO

*goes to find it.......* :D :D :D :dance: :dance: :hug:

wow.

bloody wow!

u so damn lucky!

chris martin:drool: :drool: :drool:

black rose??wow thats soooooo sweet. seriously i think i would have fallen over on the spot if he hada handed me a black rose..

coolhandlaura said:
wow.

bloody wow!

u so damn lucky!

chris martin:drool: :drool: :drool:

black rose??wow thats soooooo sweet. seriously i think i would have fallen over on the spot if he hada handed me a black rose..

but this girl stole it :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

*looks around* :uhoh:

not to hijack but uhh, i have cross-stitched and sewn (like tears in fabric and stuff) before!

my mom has knitted before. whilst pregnant with me, she made me a baby blanket, with a little saying on it and animals and everything! :D

i love my mommy. :cute: :heart:

yay chris martin!

I :heart: your chris martin story, lara. :)

Knitting...no, but i've always wanted to learn! I learned crochet, but forgot. meegannie taught me again, then i forgot again...not sure if i should attempt to learn knitting or not!!

I knitted a scarf once in grade school....I :heart: that scarf...it was green. I think it's still back home at my parent's house.

I've thought it would be fun to learn to knit again...I just don't seem to have the time (unless I cut down coming here ;) ) lol

well first of all
COLDPLAY!!!! at the POINT!!!!!
my o my:up: :heart: voice like an angel:angel: I saw a concert on Tv, a great concert, several years ago. it was at the Point. Have a great time laura.

and yes I can knit, I don't do it anymore much, the boys don't like knitted jumpers and my shoulder starts burning if I stick at it too long. It is rather hard to stop , once I start. I love knitting fair isle and watching the design kind of grow itself. I have abook called "the history of knitting" which I found fascinating. I do get teased about knitting by some people. My mother can knit garments that look as though they are made from lace, shell patterns, fans, there is no call for it much now. She now knits blanketst hat are sent in overseas aid packages, she knits clothes for the neo-natal unit( the tiniest little bonnets and booties you ever did see, you would hardly believe they are for a human being) and her latest project....Penguins!!! she knits coats for fairy penguins, they have to be kept warm when thay are rescued from the ever increasing oil slicks.
U asked..yes I knit!! sometimes.
I have an easy beanie pattern. Beanies are about all I have demand for these days. I can copy out that pattern if you like. My mother knits these slippers, not very elegant, definitely not sexy, but practical and hard wearing...if I can be of help.

p.s..I can't do cables, only simple plain , purl 2 needle stuff.
My son wanted to learn when he was too young, so difficult to teach. He used to call it "needling, teach me needling" What a tangle

oh oh oh i started a scarf 2 days ago and its stripey- baby pink and baby blue- it looks v.cool and something u wud buy from a trendy-ish clothes shop here!!!

Its quite good and neat and long already!!!!!!

I dont understand knitting patterns on the internet :scream: :shrug: :slant: :( :huh:

Back
Top Bottom