Does anyone here genuingly from.............?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
.....Florida?

If so put ur hand very high up, let me see u............
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Hiya!!!!!!

Tell me, when is the best time to visit when its hot but not tooooo hot?

It really depends where in the state you go...Florida is such a big state, and so we generally divide it into 3 parts that all seem to have the same weather.

South Florida (where I was raised) is hot basically all year long and can be very humid and very stormy. (This includes Miami, Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach)

The Spring is a lovely time of year to visit any part of Florida, really.

Central Florida can be dry, if you are planning to go Disney World, which is in Orlando. It gets dry because it is fully inland and doesn't have the benefit of ocean breeze - but again, it depends what time of year you go. Tampa and St Pete are on the Gulf Coast and they have lovely weather year-round.

North Florida gets pretty damn cold for Florida - but it might be weather you are used to normally! It's been a pretty mild winter here, so some days bounce between 30-60 degrees (Fahrenheit)! Lately, it's been in the 70s which is weird for our winters in North Florida (where I currently live). There's no reason to visit North Florida because it is basically all small towns and no tourist attractions, unless you plan on seeing Panama City or St Augustine.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can tell ya anything else! Whatcha coming to Florida for?

well its not really me, my friend has a friend who went out there and met an american, married him and had a baby, she has one herself and always said she's love to go out there and visit Paula..........mentioning that Paula lives only 5/10 mins away from DisneyWorld..............so like, I think she might go this year......last time she mentioned it she said I could go with her, but I dont tink I'd have the money, and I tink its up to my friend really on who she would like to go with her, if anyone, ya know?

Last time I was in Flori was 91 2 weeks and it was breathtakingly gorgeous, very hot on occassions though!!!!!!
smile.gif
we had went Sep time though......so..........

hopefully some day I can go back........
frown.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
well its not really me, my friend has a friend who went out there and met an american, married him and had a baby, she has one herself and always said she's love to go out there and visit Paula..........mentioning that Paula lives only 5/10 mins away from DisneyWorld..............so like, I think she might go this year......last time she mentioned it she said I could go with her, but I dont tink I'd have the money, and I tink its up to my friend really on who she would like to go with her, if anyone, ya know?

Last time I was in Flori was 91 2 weeks and it was breathtakingly gorgeous, very hot on occassions though!!!!!!
smile.gif
we had went Sep time though......so..........

hopefully some day I can go back........
frown.gif

Well if ya every come back ya crazy lady - look me up and we'll cause some trouble!!!
smile.gif

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

South Florida (where I was raised) is hot basically all year long and can be very humid and very stormy. (This includes Miami, Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach)

Whew doogies is that true! I mean, c'mon, it's January and it's frickin 80 degrees outside today! WTF???? LOL

Anyway, I'm not originally from FL but I moved to South FL when I was 3 and have lived here ever since...does that count? I really live on the west coast (near Sanibel and Naples) but I'm in college at the University of Miami...it's still damn hot no matter which coast you're on!
smile.gif

HelloAngel, where do you live in FL? Miami area? I would love to meet you sometime if you live around here...I've been looking for some U2 fans in the area!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, maddie...tell your friend that it's hot all the time here and it doesn't matter which time of year she comes! (Though sometimes it's really beautiful from like Sept through about March or so...then it's just blah :p )

Peace

hippy
biggrin.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:

HelloAngel, where do you live in FL? Miami area? I would love to meet you sometime if you live around here...I've been looking for some U2 fans in the area!
biggrin.gif

Hey Hippy
smile.gif

I live in North Florida, unfortunately - but in August I'm moving to Tampa, so maybe we can hook up then?

toodles!

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

Hey Hippy
smile.gif

I live in North Florida, unfortunately - but in August I'm moving to Tampa, so maybe we can hook up then?

toodles!

Cool!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

i'm from florida!
biggrin.gif
i had to move though.
frown.gif

but i'm moving back soon...

------------------
the lights are down, but you don't sleep so tight. the word's around that we play for keeps tonight...
ME!

Well actually only once did the heat really get to me, being from here we aint used to 'intense' heat, so one time (middle of Sept) we were walking round Uni Studios and the street of all the Cities of the World??????

at one point it got so extreme I thought I was going to faint, it helped to get into shade and on a movin bus fast with a drink.........it was THAT intense!!!!!!!!!

Phew!!!!

eek.gif

I miss Seawarld!!!!!!!!!
frown.gif

Yeah, maddie, the heat can get pretty intense around here...like today...it would be a comfortable temperature (like maybe 80 degrees) if it wasn't for the humidity!!!!!

That's the killer thing...when we start getting into the humidity it can feel a lot hotter than it is...

Bleach...sometimes I really hate South FL, but then...I do enjoy getting to wear tank tops and shorts in Jan! Woohoo! I'm off to walk around barefoot and maybe I'll stop by the pool for awhile
wink.gif

------------------

Hey guys...Im in Gainesville! We should do our own U2 Conference or something
smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Back
Top Bottom