Does anyone here believe in all that 'car colour = your personality' sh*t?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Net hunting for car-colour analysis, I came across this feature:

My car is white - at least when its clean. Apparently, this means that I am a calm, happy person, without much ambition. Much as I'd like to think this true, the reality is that white just happened to be the colour of the car I bought.

And I'm glad to say that I am not alone in being more concerned about the performance of my car than what colour it is. Far from the traditional view that female car buyers are taken in by a pretty colour and a few gadgets, it is actually men - 60 per cent of them according to a new survey - who say colour is the deciding factor when they buy a car. This compares with only 30% of women.

I have to confess though, that I did once turn down an otherwise perfectly good car on the grounds that it was red. And I did have a friend who dyed her hair to match her bronze Mazda convertible.

An amazing amount of research has been done into car colour, with fascinating and sometimes conflicting results.

My friend fitted quite neatly into the findings of American research showing that owners of bronze cars had dominant, decisive personalities. This research says owners of black cars are lazy and unhealthy, blue car owners are conservative, owners of red cars are politically liberal, while white car owners are cheerful folk.

German research has shown that people who drive black cars are more stressed than those driving any other colour, while people with white cars are the calmest.

All this makes me wonder whether the motor industry is doing us any favours in producing cars in an ever-expanding range of hues.

Yet more research has shown that off-beat colours actually reduce a car's secondhand value, presumably because colour is so much down to personal taste. Metallic reds and blues are the preferred colours for second-hand cars, adding as much as 10 per cent to their value.

Add to this the findings that drivers of pastel-coloured cars are most likely to become victims of road rage - perhaps because pastels are deemed to be girl's colours, while the most aggressive drivers are those in macho black and red cars - and this makes car colour choice potentially dangerous.

Let's face it, life was a lot easier when Mr Ford made cars in any colour as long as its black.

what do u think? :hmm: would u agree?

Are u the colour of ur car?

remember I said I have a nice blue car, and there, it says blue owners are conservative, and I am.......but on Monday laid down for a black Peugeot 206, and now am terrified I have opted black by mistake...I bet ya before Saturday I suddenly decide to change it to white, dark grey or the blue.......and ask for the change...before time goes on...........

but I am lazy, more aggressive in driving...and would have like a larger car in black, more sporty car...but what Im gettin looks fuking great in black, however...tell ya what I might keep this for Zoo Confessionals, give u all a real laugh.....

IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD OWNS A BLACK CAR!

:scream:

mad1 said:

IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD OWNS A BLACK CAR!

:scream:

*lol*

My first car was black...and if I do end up buying my mom's old car, I will have a black one again. Gretta (my current car) is maroon though.

Hmmm. I drive a black Passat but I'm too stressed about work right now to write anything else.
I'm probably freaking out because I haven't done shit lately and I think my boss knows.

I guess I'm just too lazy.

:yawn:

mad1 said:
German research has shown that people who drive black cars are more stressed than those driving any other colour, while people with white cars are the calmest.
I want to have a black car once. :| And I'm not stressed at all. :hyper:

my current car is white. my old car was grey. i chose a grey car because it was free. when my granny died, all the adults had cars already (and didn't want a 1986 car) and the only of us young'ins old enough to drive were me and my cousin. my cousin was about to move from maryland to hawaii, so they certainly weren't gonna take it, cuz it's expensive to ship cars like that. (my granny had actually made plans to have her car shipped cuz she was moving with them, even though she didn't wanna go.)

i have a white car now cuz the one i had got totalled, and it was a nice, reliable car. and i got it for almost free too (i paid like $1-200, cuz insurance and my pop-pop paid for the rest). i would not say i'm a "calm, happy person, without much ambition."

although, i did pick out my mom's car, based on colour. the reason? we had two identical cars to choose from. same options, everything. one was a pretty indigo (my favourite colour!) and the other was a black. i chose the blue, cuz black is nasty. maybe i subconsciously chose blue cuz i'm fucking sick of being stressed out, and i'm sure my mom is, too. i am NOT conservative, and neither is my mom. anyone who's met me knows we are not. :laugh:

but yeah, i would think some people do choose cars based solely on colour. i don't personally know anyone who does, well, except my best friend's parents both have red cars. but they're not politically liberal. they're conservative. maybe we should switch cars? :scratch: no, i hate their cars. :laugh:

Last edited:
Hmmm

Let's see...

I've had 2 dark green cars, 2 bright red cars, 1 dark red car, 1 black car, 1 champagne colored car and now I have a dark blue car. Maybe I don't have a personality. :scream:

I don't believe it, cause the only reason I bought my car is cause I was getting a really good deal on it from a friend. Color had absolutely nothing to do with it. If it was white, red, black, green, grey, yellow, whatever, I would've bought it.

So there! :tongue:

yeah, my cars have not been my choice:

1st car: champagne colored caddillac :drool: i loved that car!

2nd car: beat up old maroon (complete with rust) corsica

present auto: green lumina. i :heart: my car, but i certainly didn't pick green.

so this is crap.

and i'd like to add how amusing i think it is i've had 3 cars in 2 years. :shifty:

Would that mean I am actually British Racing Green?
We picked it cos it had balls. The great colour was a bonus. But when you get such a good engine, it could be pink for all I care...mostly...lol

Back
Top Bottom