Does anyone else watch British Comedies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
positive8.jpg

meegannie said:
Black Books :drool:
Thats one of my current faves...i got to see Dylan Moran, who plays bernard the bookshop owner, on his last stand-up tour in the UK (Liverpool to be precise) last time i was there:wink: :laugh:

yimou said:

The finest programme the bbc has ever made. There's no such thing as comedy with too much innuendo.
Incidentally I'm going to do a plug for Rik Mayall's autobiography that's out in a couple of weeks time:
Bigger Than Hitler, Better Than Christ.

tarquinsuperb said:

Incidentally I'm going to do a plug for Rik Mayall's autobiography that's out in a couple of weeks time:
Bigger Than Hitler, Better Than Christ.

That'll be worth a read on the basis of the title alone.

Rik Mayall =:cool:

Other best of British comedies:

Rising Damp
The Royle Family

Plus most of the Carry On films.

:up:

Angela Harlem said:

Tell me you guys also liked Guesthouse Paradiso? What a pisser!

"Oh, that's the basque seperatist mice"
:lmao:

That film is so underrated, possibly Cinema's finest ever moment:
"It's pronounced 'Thwaite' "
"Well it's spelt Twat."

:applaud: Have you ever seen the features on the dvd? They went through a ridiculous amount of fake vomit getting those last scenes right. 12 vats of it or something, lol.

bammo2 said:
:heart: bottom :heart:

I am so glad that I got the chance to see the last 2 bottom live shows. from the 2nd row :love:

Yeah I saw the last two shows, you can get the coolest tour hoodies ever. They're grey and just say 'Bottom' on the front. :yes:

I loved that show so much and spend most of puberty quoting from it:

"Well thats just effing marvellous, isnt it."

I can't post the next bit in full cos I'll get chucked off the board but for those who've seen the joy of sex bit:

"I dont think I've got time to grow a beard!
Hang on a minute that's not a beard."

bammo2 said:
God Save The Quim!!

Another Royal joke:

"The Queen's...jugs?
Eddie,
A: the Queen doesn't have jugs, she's royalty; and
B: she would hardly get them out on the back of a fiver. She'd save them up for the fifty."

wow, I was beginning to think I was the only one. :)

I love 'Black Adder,' 'Coupling', Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Good Neighbors, and lots of others, but I draw the line at 'Are you Being Served'...to me, it's not even funny...annoying, actually.

Are You Being Served has to be some of the funniest stuff ever to show on tv. The sendups done on that show over the years double it's worthiness.

"Mrs Slocombe, you're very late-"
"Well, the bus broke down on the way here so I peered over the lad as he was attempting to fix the bit under the thingie part and asked if he would 'like a screw....driver' "

"I left my cat outside last night and now my pussy is frozen solid!"

"I have a large quivering bosom"

"I had a short black for breakfast, can't remember his name though. Then I had a fag. I really should take up smoking.."

Back
Top Bottom