Does anybody know how to know if....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewen said:

a bigger crime would have been committed if he had picked up a guitar and played "Stairway to Heaven".

:sad: I like that song, even though it's overplayed by guitarists.

I'm serious though about the silent alarms dude. My husband worked in monitoring at ADT (I think you have them in America?) Hardly any businesses have alarms that can be heard anymore. All entry points are sealed and as soon as one of those is tripped, the call centre can monitor what's going on at the premises. You dont know what kind of CCT system they had, which are always then set off if the alarm is tripped and you could have been recorded by any means of camera.

You're bloody lucky your concience stopped you, and you want to hope you dont have a criminal record or any unpaid misdemeanours under your belt.

It might not be over yet.
:huh:

beli said:
PS You have committed a crime.

Dont mean to come down on you like a tonne of bricks, but you have obtained unlawful entry (I think thats what its called in the USA).

Please seek legal advice. Its better to find some way to come out and be open about it then hide it hoping nobody finds out.
Breaking & Entering, Trespassing, maybe they can nab him on conspiracy to commit burglary and others too...

Angela Harlem said:
I'm serious though about the silent alarms dude. My husband worked in monitoring at ADT (I think you have them in America?) Hardly any businesses have alarms that can be heard anymore. All entry points are sealed and as soon as one of those is tripped, the call centre can monitor what's going on at the premises. You dont know what kind of CCT system they had, which are always then set off if the alarm is tripped and you could have been recorded by any means of camera.

You're bloody lucky your concience stopped you, and you want to hope you dont have a criminal record or any unpaid misdemeanours under your belt.

It might not be over yet.
:huh:

I checked the store good before I entered to make sure that there were no cameras, and that there were no devices of alarms or such things. The only thing that couldve been an alarm was on the entrance door. When I got inside I also checked around to make sure that there was nothing on the ceiling that can detect motion inside, and there wasnt anything. I was alos inside the building for at least 10 minutes, and when i left the building I waited just to make sure I didnt set off an alarm to see if any cops went. If there was a secret camera, Im just glad I ddint take anything, because I dont think theyll press charges.
Beli- as far as my other postwith the guitar- I was the high bidder for a Gibson Les Paul Studio, with a guy that had 0 feedback. He sent me an e-mail to send him a money order, and told me that he would have the guitar professioinaly set up for me. I was very excited and I sent the money order, (I won the guitar for very cheap). After I sent the money order, I got an e-mail to be very careful with the seller, that it could be a scam, and that there is no way to recover money order money. So I think I just lost alot of money doing that? Ive tried to e-mail him again, and he wont awnser? I dont know

macphisto23 said:
So I think I just lost alot of money doing that? Ive tried to e-mail him again, and he wont awnser? I dont know
Yeah unless he contacts you, you've been had. Check eBay's fraud information (I'm sure they have some), I think you might be able to lodge a complaint with the post office and they can prosecute the guy, not 100% sure but it's most likely that you'll not see your money again. You'll probably have to just swallow the loss and chaulk it up to experience.

macphisto23 said:
I could mention it to him, but I dont kknow if I trust him?

There's the pot calling the kettle black; if your story is true, you're just a friggin' thief and I have no use for you! I should cross-check your ISP and report you to the local authorities.

Techie2000 said:
Yeah unless he contacts you, you've been had. Check eBay's fraud information (I'm sure they have some), I think you might be able to lodge a complaint with the post office and they can prosecute the guy, not 100% sure but it's most likely that you'll not see your money again. You'll probably have to just swallow the loss and chaulk it up to experience.

Yeah, Ive read through all the fraud info, and Ive tried to make a complaint, but they say they cant do anything about money orders(only paypal is covered). They said that they would contact me with further information with this guy, he had a weird name? We'll see what happens?

Mr. BAW said:

There's the pot calling the kettle black; if your story is true, you're just a friggin' thief and I have no use for you! I should cross-check your ISP and report you to the local authorities.

Go ahead, I have nothing to hide

You call breaking and entering nothing to hide because you didn't take anything? you're wrong, by merely developing the intent in your mind, even if you didn't follow through with the act, is enough to get you 5 years, let alone going in and playing a few songs.....

I think this thread is about done.

macphisto23 I would suggest if you want illegal advice in the future, to not post it here as you can see you will not be supported here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom