Doctor Who

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilli

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I see the new series starts tonight on BBC1. I am not a big fan, though I enjoyed the last series and liked Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor.

I didn't see the Christmas episode with David Tennant, but I am looking forward to seeing what he does with the role.

Will anyone else be tuning in?

I see CBC this year has decided to wait until Fall 2006 to broadcast Series 2. Looks like they're going to air the spinoff, "Torchwood," too.

And, of course, the U.S. is still back in time airing Series 1 as "new episodes" on Sci-Fi. Makes me glad I get Canadian TV.

Melon

I'll watch it if I remember. But I have a horrible feeling that after a great series with Christopher 'I'm Working Class me' Eccleston (that reality TV episode was sheer GENIUS) this new series is gonna be utter crap. I watched the Christmas special too and I didn't think that it was all that fantastic.

I'm going to totally disagree with you two girls, Tilli&Quiet1! I think the new Dr Who is going to be even better than the last series :yes:

I saw the christmas special&thought it was brilliant and the spinning xmas trees were scary looking :yikes:

I am a big fan of David Tennant :love: i reckon he's a fantastic actor AND he's sexy :drool: Can't wait to see it in just over an hours time :hyper:

Loved him as soon as as i saw him in Blackpool last year, which i thought was also an excellent series :up:

Billie has been great in Dr Who too!

Oh I totally agree that David Tennant is a great actor. I guess I just think that this new series is going to have a real lot to live up to after such a great previous series. And I've really enjoyed Billie Piper in everything I've seen her in. Frankly I was a bit surprised that she was such a good actress! :reject:

haven't you seen any of the clips or trailers of it? It looks brill from those :wink: the furry cats from the new earth look great&there's quite a few guest appearances plus there's the return of the cybermen&K-9 :)

Also , i was surprised to see that Billie was a great actress - she was brill in the miller's tale :up:

Last edited:
Yeah, I was surprised that Billie was so good!

I have never seen anything David Tennant was in before, so I hope he is good. I guess I'll find out in a hour or so's time!

Hi Tilli :wave: Haven't spoke to you in a while :wink: have you been busy with uni?

Well, i hope you come back saying you liked Dr Who and David too!

Hey, Tils :hug:

YES. I will definitely be watching.

I've been looking forward to this new series since Christmas. I never really liked Christopher Ecclestone much as the Doctor, but I think David Thewlis will do a great job (he didn't exactly have as much screentime as I'd have liked in the Christmas special, but there you go).

I thought it was very good&my fav bit was when Cassandra was being bounced back&forwards between Rose&the Dr! :giggle:

Really looking forward to Queen Victoria&the werewolf :uhoh:

Tennant's good, but nobody can measure up to the last Doctor. Still, I think we'll receive more than enough exciting new characters, places and stories that you won't notice too much.

I enjoyed it, but I still think the older dr who series kick the newer ones' ass completely.

When I was about 10, it was Sylvester McCoy as the Doctor. Shittest dr of them all :happy: Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee were the best, I reckon :yes:

It's funny how they're calling it series one and two when the programme has been around since 1963. I suppose they've drawn a line under the 63-89 episodes, and class the newer ones as starting afresh :shrug:

susanp6 said:
Hi Tilli :wave: Haven't spoke to you in a while :wink: have you been busy with uni?

Hey susan! I am good thanks - very busy with uni and can't wait to finish! How's things with you?

I enjoyed the show last night - David Tennant was good as The Doctor. I have to agree - the older shows are better - at least from what I can remember of them. Pertwee was probably the definitive Doctor for me - though that is probably to do with that he also played Worzel Gummidge which was another of my childhood faves.

Tilli :wink: Things are ok now, altho' i was v worried a few weeks back when my friend was very ill in hospital with pneumonia :sad: it was terrible, but thanks to his age he's pretty much normal now! :happy: I've not had a lot of great luck in the past few years with everything :(

Do you graduate this summer? Exciting eh?! :wink:

Loved the new episode, because i also think teh tennant is THE SEX! hahahaha but a really iteresting story as well. Love the cat sisters!

next week is written by Mark Gatiss, so im sure it will be terrific! :D

and hey susan! :wave: glad to see another tennant fan! I LOVED Blackpool (i love Steve Pemberton who played the accountant!) but such a brilliant show! Loved that scotish accent :wink:

Susan - I am sorry to hear about your friend. I am glad he's ok now. Hope you're ok too :up:

I think Tennant brings a bit of sex appeal to the role, fo' sure! I am not sure any previous Doctor has done that - Christopher Eccleston always seemed quite serious in the role, though he is like that in real life from interviews I have seen him in.

I think David Tennant catches the quirky and mischievous side of the doctor much more so than Christopher Eccleston did too.

beau2ifulday said:
he didn't exactly have as much screentime as I'd have liked in the Christmas special, but there you go

Yeah, I think that was the big problem with the Christmas special for me, it didn't have enough Dr. Who actually in it! That said, the Father Christmas guys with the plastic faces were fantastic in that episode!

*cough* So about the new series, I can't remember what I was actually doing at the time it was on but the upshot is, I, uh, I kinda lost track of time and missed it :banghead:

BUT I did see a trailer for the series that lasted ages (Sheesh! The amount of time the trailer went on for you'd think they'd about shown everything of the show worth watching! ;) ) and I'm also really looking forward to the werewolf episode. Is that next week?

TheQuiet1 said:

BUT I did see a trailer for the series that lasted ages (Sheesh! The amount of time the trailer went on for you'd think they'd about shown everything of the show worth watching! ;) ) and I'm also really looking forward to the werewolf episode. Is that next week?

I saw that too! It just went on. and on. and then on again - it must have been over two minutes long :/

That was quite scary at times! :uhoh:

Pauline Collins was excellent as Queen Victoria :applaud:

So funny when Rose was trying to get her to say she wasn't amused! :lol:

I loved the bit at the end about the Royal Family possibly being werewolves- "No way! Though Princess Anne..." :lmao:

Next week's episode looks good too. :up:

Despite numerous plot holes and goofs ("Go out the backdoor!" Erm, weren't they all locked a moment before?/Kids typing at PCs with headphones on, Micky unplugs PCs then the camera goes straight back to kids who now don't have any headphones on) I still think this was the best episode of this series so far. The acting was spot on (as always), it was a great plot, it had nostalgia (K9! And Sarah Jane was brilliant :up: ) and it was v. funny.

Does he still stroke bits of the Tardis? [is that what she said? 'cos it sounded like 'strip' to me but that doesn't make a great deal of sense.]
Yeah! I'm like, 'do you wanna be alone?'

It's in the oil! It's making the kids cleverer.
But it's on the chips, I've been eating them.
What's 589999923x 17?
10029998691 OMG.

Come on K9 we need to get into the school. Have you got some sort of screwdriver attachment?
We're in a car.
What about a drill?
We're in a car.
Fat lot of use you are!
We're in a car.
WE'RE IN A CAR!! [loved the way the kid hadn't got out of the way but Micky still drives the car straight at him!]

And I loved the school being blown up bit. Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!
Although I did think the Goodbye scene at the end with orchestral swell was a bit OTT.

And another thing it must be the only High School in the UK with 30 kids judging by the number of kids standing in the car park at the end.

Was the school the same one they use (or used to use) for Grange Hill? It looked really like it.:hmm:

I loved the bit with the vacuum packed rats and the shitty school dinners - very topical!

I think it was 'stroke' bits of the Tardis.

I thought the Assembly Hall/Dinner Hall/whatever that place was looked very familiar from somewhere. (Or do most schools have that seemingly pointless balcony in their Assembly/Dinner/Whatever Halls? Was my school just deprived? :( )

I'm going to be the only one who noticed that balcony thing, aren't I?

It reminded me of the school from this TV programme called Like Father Like Son. It had Peter Davison's daughter in it (ooooh Dr. Who connection!) and honestly, I thought it was one of the best dramas I've seen in years. That school had a weird balcony thing in the Assembly Hall too.

Back
Top Bottom