Doctor Who

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
The new series is out with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper.

Anyone see it? What do you think? People from the UK/Canada will have seen it, along with Americans who get Canadian TV spilling across the border like myself. :sexywink:

I like it. New direction and all. But there's already been some small-minded folk out there bitching about Rose's interracial relationship with a black man. Pretty stupid for people to complain about that.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, although BBC has to look for a new Doctor for season 2, as Eccleston quit. :huh:

Melon

I saw it, even though it's not airing in the U.S. My friend downloaded it. Not a great episode, but how many Doctor's firsts are? Robot was lame, Twin Dilemma awful, Unearthly Child & Spearhead from Space were fair...Time and the Rani we'd best not talk about...only Castrovalva was a favorite of mine.

That being said, I love Eccleston, and too bad he's already opted out of doing another season.

I'm really looking forward to seeing episode 3, which supposedly has The Doctor meeting Charles Dickens, played by Simon Callow.

Did anyone see last week's? I believe it was called End of the World...I'm just really pissed that the Sci-Fi Channel in the U.S. refused to pick the show up. Either the BBC was asking too much or they just thought it sucked. Who the hell else is going to air it here?

laz

i saw the first episode last tuesday on cbc here in canada. i have never watched the original but i decided to give this one a try cause it's actually getting a fair bit of publicity here in canada. (was on the cover of tv guide and cbc has been doing a good job promoting it) and it's on after corrie which i'm currently addicted to.

i liked it. it was nothing spectacular but first episodes usually aren't. it was enough to spark some interest in seeing next weeks episode....that an the fact that todd form corrie is supposedly in 2 upcoming episodes. :hyper:

lazarus said:
Time and the Rani we'd best not talk about...

07.jpg

:sexywink:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom