Do your pets do weird things? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-30-2002, 02:17 PM   #16
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Thanks for the 's.

Old 08-30-2002, 02:21 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:38 PM
My old Collie (King) used to go poke the neighbour's cat's belly with his long snout, and get scratched every time. He was like those dumb lab rats that never learned, lol. I still miss him a lot.

My puppy Collie (Samson) likes to catch flies. He is absolutely remarkable at it - he corners the fly, then catches it. The concentration in his eyes is really something.

Old 08-30-2002, 02:53 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:38 PM
Animal antics....heartwarming :) always

I was given a year old chihuahua cross. The first day I bought him home, he took the dog kibble form his bowl, one by one and we thought where is he off to? he vants to be alone? he was off to THE COUCH!!! where else do royal chis's eat their meal, biscuit by biscuit? Would you like some dinner music too? He was soon broken of that habit. He would be a wonderful companion dog for a deaf person. He really reacts when the telephone rings and does not settle until someone answers it.Beautiful dog.

My big fella, With Great Gusto, the rotty-shepherd cross, is literally on his last legs too. Hip dysplasia. He was born 3rd Sept 1996, such a faithful dog, a watch dog, he can 'watch" me work for hours. He has this penchant for putting on leather jackets and blue sunglasses and impersonating famous rock stars, very embarrassing.

Actually, relating to my signature,...Gusto loves to sit on the sun lounge and watch me work in the the lifeI said "hey buster you'll get sunburned there" and popped my work hat on him. There it was, again!!...that uncanny resemblance ..teehee. It was even funnier when i got the Rolling Stone mag that week and read that Bono had been holdaying in Bali.....a papparazzi shot, "Gustovox at a Balinese Resort" I'll be stopping with the Gustovox pics soon..he's been like a son, no a dear friend, to me.

Oh and because of the dry weather, i have had a bandicoot waking me up at midnight trying to eat my poor solitary hen lately. That is very very strange behaviour.
I so love animals, some of your companions have terrific names. Please keep this thread going .
Attached Thumbnails
gustovox2001 003.jpg  
Old 08-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
another thing that happened recently is that shilo took one of my hearing aids, and hid it really good and it took me almost 2 months to find it and she's not the only one who's done that. my ex's cat Psyko, did the same thing, and even my other cat Junior had taken my hearing aid too. i don't know what it is with my hearing aids that cats find fascinating.

Sicy, I'm so sorry to hear about Sasha
Old 08-30-2002, 03:20 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:38 PM
I live on a farm, with a lot of pets. I swear, they are all insane.

Let's see.. my dog Zero likes to rip open garbage bags and eat kleenex, Q-tips, and rip labels off cat food cans. My cat Thumbelina enjoys coming up behind me and trying to eat my hair. My cats Hojo and Figment jump on my back and just hang on my shoulders, and never intend to get off. My dog Tiberious will only eat out of his pink bowl. My dog Cody (a girl, a stray we took in, who already had the name), when she had puppies (not our decision, lol), counted each pup when she came in the room with her nose. My cat Selena insists on washing you. My cat Fuzzy (what an uncreative name..) will only eat dog food. My aunt's cat, Luna, will run and hide from you, unless you lock her in a room with you, then she'll absolutely demand attention.

Old 08-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #21
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
He's not my pet, but my dog's best friend Chester (we call him her boyfriend), when he gets really excited, will jump up in the air and do a full 360 degree turn while airborn. We call it the happy dance - he'll do it on command, too. He also goes crazy over laser pointers - even more so than our cats. He'll try and eat the dot and will run all over the place trying to catch it, all while our dog Sunny just sits there wondering what the hell is so exciting.
My business! | My hobby!
Old 08-30-2002, 04:51 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Diemen
He's not my pet, but my dog's best friend Chester
I'm a fool, a street chester, the hero of society.....erhm......go on.....too many early U2
Old 08-30-2002, 04:51 PM   #23
War Child
Originally posted by nellie
i don't know what it is with my hearing aids that cats find fascinating.

I think it's the smell of ear wax

my namesake kitty, yes, jezebel was her name, used to chew on my earplugs that I wear almost everynight, sometimes ingesting them and then regurgitating them
Old 08-30-2002, 05:22 PM   #24
The Fly
Local Time: 04:38 AM
well, my parrakeet speaks, he says "My name is Lucas" "Beatriz, Jorge" (jorge is my brother) "Que pa que pa que paaaaassaaaa" "Hala Madrid" and he's going to say "U2" quickly...

But he says that imitating my father's voice, but he's so small, so he scares me...
Old 08-30-2002, 05:22 PM   #25
War Child
Local Time: 03:38 AM
My cat, Romeo, has a number of interesting...uh... talents.

He plays fetch like a dog with the little plastic things your tear off the milk jug. H

He does backflips.

When I'm putting on my makeup in the morning, he jumps onto the counter, paws at his reflection and sings to it. No, really, ask Diemen. He sings.

He can play tag. When he wants to play, he'll jump out of nowhere and bite my leg and run away. Then he won't come out til I find him and grab his tail and run away.... he chases me and so on and so forth.

When he gets spooked, he puffs up to three times his size, and rears up like a horse. I call it his spooky dance.

I swear this cat has more personality than most people I know. I attached his pic.:
Attached Thumbnails
the beast.jpg  
Old 08-30-2002, 08:56 PM   #26
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Crazy critters...

Sorry about Sasha, Sicy.

My dog barks at rocks and my cat just plain barks at anything. They like each other's food, too.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:03 PM   #27
love, blood, life
Local Time: 07:38 PM
My doggie forgets where the doggie door is and when he finds it he refuses to go thro it!
Old 08-30-2002, 09:21 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
When I ask my dog if he would like a bath?

He goes behind the couch and stays there for a long time.

My neighbor's cat head butts doors until they open.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:19 PM   #29
The Fly
Location: The forgotten land of Michigan :) Sault Sainte Marie

lol This is a good thread.

Our conure (a parrot like bird), Griff, has a lot of baby toys in her cage to keep her company. Well...she really *really* likes her rattle. She manages to "get it on" with the rattle....which I suppose isn't so bad (yeah right) but she also grunts when she does it. But on a less disgusting note, my sister's Siamese cat, Sassy, is a healing cat. If you're sick or in pain, she will come and lay with you or lay on or near the part of you that is in pain. Very sweet. But she's picky about breakfast time. If my mother doesn't wake up when her alarm goes off, Sassy meows this really really long drawn out meow, it sounds like pulling a cat tail across a violin. Its so funny.

I could go on, but we have a lot of different animals. Some that probably shouldn't be considered pets, but hey? lol We have chickens, banty chickens, peacocks, pygmy goats...oh and a dog.
Old 08-31-2002, 08:32 AM   #30
Jesus Online
Local Time: 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear about sasha sicy so sad.

My animals are all nutbags. Zoe the hymalayan is a nut. She has a real problem with tables and benches. She always jumps up on things with the shits and has to clear everything off. She starts at one end and sweeps it all off til its clear. She tries to sleep next to your head, she thinks she can share the pillow and she will get her big soft fat paws and pat your face. She also gives Zoe kisses. She sleeps on her back right in the middle of the hallway and other inconvenient areas and wont move. She has a terrible habit of following people into the toilet. She tries to get into the shower with you if you leave the door ajar.

Abby the skanky chinchilla is worse. She is an absolute hussy. She spends all day just making this 'ming' kind of noise and rubs herself all over everything and everyone. The other 2 cats cop it and so does the dog. Absolute tart. She loves dripping water. Best way to keep her occupied for hours is to stick her under a dripping tap. She hunts flies and catches them Karate Kid style with her 2 front paws. She loves to sit on your shoulders and will spread out like a shawl if you sit still enough.

Angus the dog does too many weird things to list here and the other cat matty is just old and senile and doesnt do any more tricks. Although when he was young he used to love fighting dogs and approached them most of the time to start it too.