Do you think your pets (or any animals) appreciate music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dub

The Fly
I wonder. When I put on a CD I often watch my cats to see if they respond or not, hard to tell. I'd love to think they enjoy it, but who knows? They're emotional beings and I would like to think they enjoy it. Thoughts?

People say that if you leave the house or leave town to leave soft soothing music on for your cats so they dont feel alone.

:shrug:

I leave the TV or music playin' for my animals when I leave the house.

Whenever I sing, my dad's cat Amy comes runnin' up to me and she gets all snuggly...it's so damn cute. :cute: I was singin' "Amy" to her earlier...:D

My umbrella cockatoo dances to music if she likes it. She bobs back and forth. If she really gets into it, she'll do an intrepretive dance, running and spinning.

My sister says she likes Dave Matthews. I know everytime I put on U2, she starts screaming. :huh:

Sicy said:
People say that if you leave the house or leave town to leave soft soothing music on for your cats so they dont feel alone.

Yeah, I've heard that too. Music doesn't really seem to have any affect on my dog, although maybe she'd like to listen to it while she's home alone and I just don't know it. :shrug:

My dog doesn't like U2. :|

When there are bubble gum poppy tunes on the radio, he starts jumping around, though. :der:

my dog dances with me. she likes ricky martin because then i pick her up and we shake our bon bons.

but other than dancing with me, she seems to ignore music and the TV in general.

My cat Jarvis acts as if he's had a huge dose of catnip anytime he hears Bono's talking or speaking voice. He'll run around the room as fast as he can and let out little meows.

When "With or Without You" is on, he writhes around on the floor.

my cat halle just stares at me (Again?!?) when i play my u2 cd's for the millionth time.

When I was a teenager, I had a little black dog named Nikki. Whenever I would play my Who records, or something similar, she would come and listen to them with me. If my bedroom door was shut, she'd either lay outside my door, or outside my window. Sometimes, she'd come into my room, push my rug up into a comfortable ball, and curl up on it right in front of the blasting speakers. At parties, when I'd put my speakers near my window so we could hear the music outside, she'd be right there, listening right under the window. She only did this when rock music was playing.

She also liked my brother's friends' pot smoke, but that's a different story.

Bonochick said:
I found out today that my hamster seems to really like Ryan Adams! *lol* :D
Is that the hamster which you wanted to name 'Bono', but your dad said he couldn't stand you talking about two Bonos in your life? :hhm:

90)($fkdj

My dog Shae seriously watches TV when I am gone. Its so unnerving to see her sitting on the couch watching TV. She seems rather apathetic to the whole music thing.

My rabbit Corona, on the other hand, loves music....unless it gets too loud. When I have parties I have to close the door to the room she is in or she gets under her blanket and hides.

:|

FallingStar said:

Is that the hamster which you wanted to name 'Bono', but your dad said he couldn't stand you talking about two Bonos in your life? :hmm:

Yes! LOL!!

How did you remember that?????? :laugh: :D

My cat thinks he's above rock & roll. He's transcended it. Kitty enlightenment.

Great Thread!

My bird Nixon.... loves Louis Armstrong and the soundtrack from Phantom of the Opera. He bobs his head, runs back and forth across his perch and whistles along... it's actually really cute.

when i used to play the string bass, my dog would come and lie in the entrance of the room and listen to me...i wrote words to a song about her doing that once...good times good times...

*love* my puppy...

she listens to u2 with me all the time too...

The only time when my cat visibly reacted to -any- sort of music was when my Mum and I put on Bach's "Tocatta" really, really loud. She bolted out of the room as if her tail was on fire, :)

Otherwise, she couldn't care less.

My dog goes into full psycho mode when he hears any cell phone ring tone.

I absolutely believe that animals react to music. I know that obviously if it's too loud my cat would frrrreak out and her ears would go flat and her eyes would be wide.

We just brought home a stray cat a few weeks ago. He's never been inside so when he first tip-toed out of his cage, not only was he confused because he was inside, but when the tv or music was on he looked at it like, "What in God's good world IS that???" now he's used to it.

Also, I notice that when the music is on the fish we have seem to be swimming in time with the music--almost like they are dancing. I swear, and I see it even when I'm NOT smoking anything.

:wink:

I also remember when Bono was OurFaveLittleFurBall

Bonochick said:

Yes! LOL!!

How did you remember that?????? :laugh: :D
I love stories about little furry fellows. :tongue:

What is it called now? :)

my cats seem to like my music, especially duran duran :yes: good taste kitties! :D

tabitha also loves to watch vh1 classic. as they show the scrolling marquee for tour dates of some washed up band, she moves her head right to left with the words. :ohmy: also, when i'm watching all request, when they show the reel tape, she stretches up and puts her paw on the tape. :cute:

my parents used to have a little birdie. it loved rock music. when they'd play "heartache tonight" (yeah it was that long ago) she'd start swinging in her little swing along to the beat. also, at the end with the drums, she'd tweet every time the beat would go. :love:

Back
Top Bottom