Do you text?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you text?

• Yes

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • All the time

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
I don't really text anymore. Haven't used the feature in about 6 months. Got tired of putting extra money in my mobile account just to recieve goofy or incoherent messages from friends having momentary lapses in sanity. My cell bill is now about $15 a month depending on the amount of talk time I choose. :up:

I really only text with one friend, occasionally another. I don't have texting included in my plan though, so each incoming or outgoing message costs 15 cents. I figure that can add up fast, so I don't go crazy. I don't mind a few extra bucks a month though for a little texting fun.

U2isthebest said:

Pat O'Brien, is that you?:shocked:
patobrien1rp5.jpg

I couldn't live without text messaging.

Its a complete life line, and its way less expensive then calling all the time.

I've cut down alot, under 1,000 a month now. Barely.

I hate receiving junk like "cl me sn cuz i nd 2 tlk 2 u asap bt plychmrctmtcs. why do people do that?

I can't use all of the little text shortcuts for texting, I just can't. I always spell things out and use punctuation. :reject:

I text mostly, barely call.... it's cheaper for me too... but I do hate the abbreviations, and we barely use them here thank god!

:scratch: but what is T9??? is that where the phone makes up words when you type a letter??? :crack: god that function is ANNOYING!

corianderstem said:
I'm very slow at it and it feels like it takes forever because I also try to be a stickler for actually spelling words. Sometimes I get frustrated with how long it takes me and will use annoying abbreviations.

Same here. Last night I sent a text to someone because he's sitting in the hospital with his father and it didn't feel right to call. I labored forever over a simple sentence and he wrote back in like 2 seconds. He's much younger and it made me feel really old. I'm getting better, though, now that I've figured out punctuation. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom