Do you text?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you text?

• Yes

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • All the time

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
I've had a very mentally taxing two days being all computer-techy, and if it weren't for that, I'd figure out the tags to repeat it again. Like holding a mirror to a mirror.

By boring meetings I mean going into school at 7AM to choose what kind of photo album covers we're giving our classmates after junior prom.

I wish I was making that up.

So, yeah, in that case, texting. :up:

Again, if my brain weren't essentially mush right now, I'd google the highest, purest power source ever, and say that that's what I am. I guess you'll just have to use your imagination. :yawn:

VintagePunk said:
Again, if my brain weren't essentially mush right now, I'd google the highest, purest power source ever, and say that that's what I am. I guess you'll just have to use your imagination. :yawn:

Chris Carter's abdominal muscles are the highest, purest power source ever.

not Phelps?

I text occasionally, but try not to since I have to pay per text. No text plan here. I spend my money on that for Maddy :grumpy:

Lila64 said:
not Phelps?

I text occasionally, but try not to since I have to pay per text. No text plan here. I spend my money on that for Maddy :grumpy:

Phleps has swimmers abs, so, saying "Phelps" would sort of kill the inside joke.

Save your $$$ for U2-related stuff, Lila, not texting!

No spoken words said:

Phleps has swimmers abs, so, saying "Phelps" would sort of kill the inside joke.

Save your $$$ for U2-related stuff, Lila, not texting!

I phail :sad:

And yes, I'll save my $5 a month on the calling plan. By the end of the year, I may have saved enough money to buy a tour program for the next tour :happy:

corianderstem said:

I can't figure out how to make a capital letter other than the automatic one that starts after you type a period, though. That bugs me.

On my Motorola, you just press 0 to switch to capital letters.

I have a Motorola as well, but I guess I'm too lazy to have tried to research this capital letters issue. I'll have to try that out.

all the time. i have a blackberry pearl so it has a qwerty keyboard, but some of the keys are together. it took a little bit of getting used to since i was used to 1 being a, b, and c. now 1 is e and r.

it's funny when you have the keys laid out all differently and people say to call something like 1-800-discover and now i'm like :der: can you give me the numbers please? cuz on my phone that would translate to 1-800-43?-7 711 (yep a ? and a space would be in there) where i work our 800 # is like that too and i had a guy (not in a mean way) say the same thing and i was like yeah, i know how you feel. pretty soon with everyone having blackberries and other qwerty-type phones and voip phones (i guess those aren't like traditional phones) they might have to get away from replacing numbers with letters.

anyway, yeah i text a lot. i don't have a bill around, but i can't remember. i can't remember if it's like 2500 sent and received each, or 2500 total.

Yes I do text, sometimes more than other times. But I usually type out the words completely, because I don't like to send 'code-language' messages (I'm a dork, I know). Usually it's to friends or fellow-students, but hey I even text my boss so that's pretty cool :wink:

I do it because it's cheaper than calling, and I don't know whether the person is available to talk. So a text message will just wait to be read and the person can answer whenever there is time.
Also, I hate it to sit in the bus or train and telling people, "I'm sitting in the train and will be at Alexanderplatz in five minutes." I prefer getting asked by text so I can text it back quietly. :)
I also use SMS' for short conversations, when it fits into one SMS and the other person can answer in short. Otherwise I will call.
I'm typing out words as well in proper German or English, so sometimes it's hard to fit it all in one message. If need be, I will abbreviate words like they are abbreviated properly.
My cell phone only knows English and a couple of southeast Asian languages, so even if I wanted I couldn't use T9.

phillyfan26 said:
By boring meetings I mean going into school at 7AM to choose what kind of photo album covers we're giving our classmates after junior prom.

I wish I was making that up.

So, yeah, in that case, texting. :up:

Ah, I remember those days.:love:

I text all the time. I hated texting until I went to Dublin. Over there people text because it is cheaper than making calls. I don't understand how the phone plans work, but that's what I was told. So when I'd ring my friends they wouldn't answer and would text me back instead. So, I developed a habit. I haven't broken it since I've returned.

And yes I use shorthand. It's a phone, not a dissertation. :madspit:

unico said:

And yes I use shorthand. It's a phone, not a dissertation. :madspit:

o rly i had no
lightbulb_on.gif

I hate text messaging, I have it blocked on my phone, I tell my friends to talk to me if they want to reach me, after all that's what a "telephone" is for.

I have a Blackberry Curve and I text on a fairly regular basis. The qwerty keyboard makes it ridiculously easy. I have issues with text speak though. I have to spell all the words out and use punctuation and all that.

The only way my sister will talk to people is via text. Kids these days! :wink:

unico said:
Over there people text because it is cheaper than making calls. I don't understand how the phone plans work, but that's what I was told.

That's the reason I text. If I put in £10 a month I get something like 1500 free messages. If I call home for a few minutes most of my money is gone.

I don't like texting but I do it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom