Do you spend money/or waste a lot...........and feel guilty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I know we had a similar thread like this aaaaaaaaages ago but:

Are you like this?

I am, and I mean a LOT...........I would buy books, magazines, videos (at a reasonable budget price if possible), food, a lot of comfort thangs really then feel very very bad afterwards.......Its like, this feeling of 'I just spent that money, what if it was pointless?' I even feel this way after having to fork out near 5 quid for a single!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous really, but any others out there like this?

I tink its down to the fact I never put it towards decent clothes, in fact, when it comes to clothes I would never like buy jeans over 40 quid....or a jumper around 20 quid that is a bit shapeless or texture is shite.....of course, it depends where u shop, but I never splash out more expensive for better wear................its not that I hate clothes shopping, though it can be a curse finding stuff if nothing you sling on you look good in immediately (Grr for tall models....:madspit:..)......its more of, u can find a lovely skirt or trousers and u KNOW u'd have to buy 4 or 5 more things to match up with it....I hate that soooooooo much.........like, I do have the money, but I think for like 100 quid I'd rather have variety to basic mix and match than pairing..........anyone else the same? U know - I tink to meself 'Theres no fuking way Im gonna get a one/two colour match bunch for over 100 quid!'

And I never get a lot of petrol at once, therefore prob wasting more money.

And I never so much as saved a lot for clothes or new car.........which has not helped one bit...........now I've left it too late, I could be carless for at least 2 months, because ordering next week could take weeks....my fault, but Im prepared to take the result.............

Basically, I hate the way I shop, I am too spontaneous and when I spend spontaneously I waste half and use half......................so IS anyone out there like me?

Mum has asked me to learn to save and draw out a list of how much and what I spend on....but I've been like this for years, sometimes its contollable, but 70% of the time its not............

:(

Last edited:
Ah MAddie!

This very topic has had me so stressed out as of late... if only I could go back and NOT buy everything that i wanted and saved even half of what I spent on everything I need. My bills arent totally out of control... I'm not broke but it's nearly impossible to save any money at this point in time. I've been trying to buckle down the last month or so though - I'd like to be able to buy something in a year or so and stop paying rent!

Yes. And what's really bad about that is, I've been out of work for the last nine months, so I have no business doing so.

But, sometimes you've got to get out of the house, and that requires moola. :| I guess, "luckily", I've got two weeks of unemployment checks left, so that's curved my spending off to nothing of late.

Oh well. :shame:

Someone pls shoot me!!!!

I hate myself for that. I waste my money on shite, and am not able to save any. I buy CDs, trousers, shoes and bags and I spend a lot when I go out. I can spend like E70 on booze a night and of course, I smoke as well, about 2-3 packs a week, that's a helluva lot of money. It's like E5.30 for my Blue Silk Cut, u do the maths!!

:rant: :rant: :rant:

i bought more low waist jeans this week and then of course i had to buy one of those leather plaited tassley belts to match...
i comfort shop
bad bad manda :uhoh:

Is Pinkfloyd a dude?

If so, i reckon most men DONT have this problem, after all they dont have to buy the quater percent of things essential to a woman.......:D

:censored: :evil:

I reckon men might be better money-wise.........and are more laid back about it................

I always end up buying things that I want that are way too expensive then I can afford, and then feeling guilty! But I've never felt bad about buying anything by U2 luckily!

:D

My weaknesses are magazines and Barbie dolls...most of my fun, unnecessary purchases are those. I figure I don't treat myself on much other stuff though (I used to buy CD's like crazy, but I really hold off on them now), so I try not to feel too bad about it. I also will only buy Barbies that are on sale (I can't remember the last time I've paid full-price for one...I usually get them when they are like half-off).

I have the same problem...When I'm down, I usually go shopping (right now i can't really because i have no $)...The worst is when I go to buy cd's, books and magazines...I can't really control myself..And I've always spent more than I make....I really don't know where my money goes sometimes..I need to make a budget !

There is one spending rule I have...if I see U2 stuff I don't have...and I have the money on me...I buy it, no matter what. I can't help myself! *lol* When I was in middle school and high school, and my parents were more on my case about how I spent my money, even they wouldn't get mad at me if I blew all my money on U2 stuff because they would tell me "that's different".

Yay for understanding parents! :D

Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I need to eat I buy CD's

then I don't so much as feel guilty as

really hungry

Bonochick said:
There is one spending rule I have...if I see U2 stuff I don't have...and I have the money on me...I buy it, no matter what. I can't help myself! *lol* When I was in middle school and high school, and my parents were more on my case about how I spent my money, even they wouldn't get mad at me if I blew all my money on U2 stuff because they would tell me "that's different".

Yay for understanding parents! :D

You're lucky! My mum thinks I spend way too much on U2 :lol:

my mum thinks i spend too much on anything...even her birthday pressies......she's probably right though....

the way i judge whether i should buy something is i buy it and then if i feel guilty about spending my non-existant money, i take it back......simple.........unless i buy it from a market.....or a shop i hardly ever go to....

mad1 said:
Is Pinkfloyd a dude?

If so, i reckon most men DONT have this problem, after all they dont have to buy the quater percent of things essential to a woman.......:D

:censored: :evil:

I reckon men might be better money-wise.........and are more laid back about it................

No way.

Whenever I go to Milan, I spend all my money for clothes

I just bought a new pc which creates serious problems with my bank

I need a new bed

I spend too much money for having fun

When I talk to other people they say they?re off worse, but I don?t believe them

I used to work with a guy who was really into fashion, and he would spend all of his money on fancy clothes.

i just started college and i am only a writer, so i don't make VAST amounts of money.

but i just splurged and am going on a trip. :hey: i'm dying of excitement.

i'm a mmmmmmmmmmuuuuuunnn

i like to buy something , quite a lot of things , bu do i regret about wasted money , no , usually things give u much more then these colorful dead paper cuts

Bonochick said:
I used to work with a guy who was really into fashion, and he would spend all of his money on fancy clothes.

And you know what, five years ago I wasn?t like... definitely the baaaaaaaaaaaaaad influence of girls ;)

absolutely, I just seem incapable of holding onto any money, you get people you still have their holy communion money, mine was probably spent before I got out of the church...

I have a weakness for all things electronic, cds, dvds, I love clothes, I love really nice food - cooking (and of course eating) so I need to spend money on nice ingredients, it goes on...

mad1 said:
when we just started dating my girlfriend was shocked how easily I spend money on clothing
she got used to it by now

Yes
I spend money and seem to have less of it all the time.
No
I don't waste it, hunter and gatherer...hunt the bargains, gather them in. I have a strict budget, been a bit tough meeting it lately, always rattling on about wanting things.

Yes & No & Yes about the guilt.
I try to make wise choices but realise we are so much luckier in the material sense that so many others in the world. But i do get some sort of endorphin release or something when I have a find...I went garage sailing today, did I see some beautiful things? but I didn't have much moola....BUT I did find a treasure!! I've rescued the most exquisite Olive Crane flannel Flower dish from being covered in bright orange paint.... a find 50c. I was definitely enjoying some euphoria over that , not guilt.

Yes I do waste a bit, but only a little.

Yes!!I was just thinking about this yesterday. I used to spend money on music, concerts, books. Now, that I'm married with kids...it's lunch. I can't help myself. A friend will call up and want to do lunch and I think I should say no. But, when the time comes I always go. I find myself scrambling for a sitter and running out the door. Clean the toilet or do lunch? mmm.... it's really a no brainer. Anyway, doing that a couple times a week adds up at the end of the month. I always end up feeling guilty. Should I?

I did this yesterday

I actually hit two malls so stuff I bought at one mall that ended up being more expensive than I planned....I returned it at the same stores in the 2nd mall

:laugh: I felt so bad going back to the place of the original purchase....even though they could read on the receipt I had just bought it like an hour before

fall clothes :drool:

Hi.

My name is Disco....:shifty:....and I'm a shopaholic. :uhoh:

Yep, sure am. Don't drink, don't smoke, don't party, don't...*blush*, so I take out my frustrations by buying STUFF. My friends are always getting on my back about it. :rant: HOWEVER...that didn't stop us from dropping a few bucks this very weekend! Here's my issues:
  • I have a closet full of clothes but "nothing to wear."

I have prolly 25 pair of black shoes in various styles.

I'm constantly being a slave to fashion and looking for new stuff. The high-speed changes in women's fashion totally SUCKS!!! One can't keep up!

Shopping on the cheap (TJMaxx, Ross, etc.) doesn't help, if anything it makes it worse.

I'll buy stuff or put it on layaway...take it home, hate it, feel guilty, take it back. Buy more stuff.

I hate wearing things more than a few times, because they start to look "worn," which then compells me to buy more.

Being in a new apt. only makes me want to keep "tweaking" the decor and adding/changing things.

If I see something I like, I'll buy several.

I "emotion shop" a lot too, whether it's a good/bad day or just "because"...and even when I don't "have" money, I'll put it on plastic. Also very bad! :shame:

It's def. a sickness. :crack: I swear, I could have a freakin house by now if I had socked away even half of what I've spent over the years. I also worry about retirement, if I'll have enough to live on...and being over 40, this looming financial scenario scares the bejeesus outta me.

So....is there a shrink in da house??? (or perhaps a financial wizard?) :confused: :hide:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom