Do you spend money/or waste a lot...........and feel guilty? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2002, 06:09 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 09:13 PM
Do you spend money/or waste a lot...........and feel guilty?

I know we had a similar thread like this aaaaaaaaages ago but:

Are you like this?

I am, and I mean a LOT...........I would buy books, magazines, videos (at a reasonable budget price if possible), food, a lot of comfort thangs really then feel very very bad afterwards.......Its like, this feeling of 'I just spent that money, what if it was pointless?' I even feel this way after having to fork out near 5 quid for a single!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous really, but any others out there like this?

I tink its down to the fact I never put it towards decent clothes, in fact, when it comes to clothes I would never like buy jeans over 40 quid....or a jumper around 20 quid that is a bit shapeless or texture is shite.....of course, it depends where u shop, but I never splash out more expensive for better wear................its not that I hate clothes shopping, though it can be a curse finding stuff if nothing you sling on you look good in immediately (Grr for tall models......)......its more of, u can find a lovely skirt or trousers and u KNOW u'd have to buy 4 or 5 more things to match up with it....I hate that soooooooo much.........like, I do have the money, but I think for like 100 quid I'd rather have variety to basic mix and match than pairing..........anyone else the same? U know - I tink to meself 'Theres no fuking way Im gonna get a one/two colour match bunch for over 100 quid!'

And I never get a lot of petrol at once, therefore prob wasting more money.

And I never so much as saved a lot for clothes or new car.........which has not helped one bit...........now I've left it too late, I could be carless for at least 2 months, because ordering next week could take weeks....my fault, but Im prepared to take the result.............

Basically, I hate the way I shop, I am too spontaneous and when I spend spontaneously I waste half and use half......................so IS anyone out there like me?

Mum has asked me to learn to save and draw out a list of how much and what I spend on....but I've been like this for years, sometimes its contollable, but 70% of the time its not............

Old 09-20-2002, 06:15 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Local Time: 03:13 PM
I am the same way.....

I spend more than I make

I'm a sucker for impulse buying.....I don't realize how quick all that useless crap adds up.....

Old 09-20-2002, 07:30 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Ah MAddie!

This very topic has had me so stressed out as of late... if only I could go back and NOT buy everything that i wanted and saved even half of what I spent on everything I need. My bills arent totally out of control... I'm not broke but it's nearly impossible to save any money at this point in time. I've been trying to buckle down the last month or so though - I'd like to be able to buy something in a year or so and stop paying rent!
Old 09-20-2002, 07:50 AM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Yes. And what's really bad about that is, I've been out of work for the last nine months, so I have no business doing so.

But, sometimes you've got to get out of the house, and that requires moola. I guess, "luckily", I've got two weeks of unemployment checks left, so that's curved my spending off to nothing of late.

Oh well.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:08 AM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 08:13 PM
Someone pls shoot me!!!!

I hate myself for that. I waste my money on shite, and am not able to save any. I buy CDs, trousers, shoes and bags and I spend a lot when I go out. I can spend like E70 on booze a night and of course, I smoke as well, about 2-3 packs a week, that's a helluva lot of money. It's like E5.30 for my Blue Silk Cut, u do the maths!!

Old 09-20-2002, 08:14 AM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 06:13 AM
i bought more low waist jeans this week and then of course i had to buy one of those leather plaited tassley belts to match...
i comfort shop
bad bad manda
Old 09-20-2002, 08:47 AM   #7
Banned

NO , $$$$$$$$$$$$ doesn't give that much influence to me .
Old 09-20-2002, 08:55 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 09:13 PM
Is Pinkfloyd a dude?

If so, i reckon most men DONT have this problem, after all they dont have to buy the quater percent of things essential to a woman.......

I reckon men might be better money-wise.........and are more laid back about it................
Old 09-20-2002, 10:08 AM   #9
War Child

I always end up buying things that I want that are way too expensive then I can afford, and then feeling guilty! But I've never felt bad about buying anything by U2 luckily!

Old 09-20-2002, 11:11 AM   #10
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

My weaknesses are magazines and Barbie dolls...most of my fun, unnecessary purchases are those. I figure I don't treat myself on much other stuff though (I used to buy CD's like crazy, but I really hold off on them now), so I try not to feel too bad about it. I also will only buy Barbies that are on sale (I can't remember the last time I've paid full-price for one...I usually get them when they are like half-off).

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-20-2002, 11:12 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i feel guilty doing anything

buying or selling or doing both or neither

even this post
Old 09-20-2002, 11:38 AM   #12
Refugee

I have the same problem...When I'm down, I usually go shopping (right now i can't really because i have no $)...The worst is when I go to buy cd's, books and magazines...I can't really control myself..And I've always spent more than I make....I really don't know where my money goes sometimes..I need to make a budget !
Old 09-20-2002, 11:43 AM   #13
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

There is one spending rule I have...if I see U2 stuff I don't have...and I have the money on me...I buy it, no matter what. I can't help myself! *lol* When I was in middle school and high school, and my parents were more on my case about how I spent my money, even they wouldn't get mad at me if I blew all my money on U2 stuff because they would tell me "that's different".

Yay for understanding parents!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-20-2002, 11:46 AM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:43 PM
Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I need to eat I buy CD's

then I don't so much as feel guilty as

really hungry
Old 09-20-2002, 11:49 AM   #15
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
There is one spending rule I have...if I see U2 stuff I don't have...and I have the money on me...I buy it, no matter what. I can't help myself! *lol* When I was in middle school and high school, and my parents were more on my case about how I spent my money, even they wouldn't get mad at me if I blew all my money on U2 stuff because they would tell me "that's different".

Yay for understanding parents!
You're lucky! My mum thinks I spend way too much on U2