Do you spend money/or waste a lot...........and feel guilty? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 09-20-2002, 11:03 AM   #16
The Fly
Local Time: 03:36 AM
my mum thinks i spend too much on anything...even her birthday pressies......she's probably right though....

the way i judge whether i should buy something is i buy it and then if i feel guilty about spending my non-existant money, i take it back......simple.........unless i buy it from a market.....or a shop i hardly ever go to....

Old 09-20-2002, 12:43 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:36 AM
Originally posted by mad1
Is Pinkfloyd a dude?

If so, i reckon most men DONT have this problem, after all they dont have to buy the quater percent of things essential to a woman.......

I reckon men might be better money-wise.........and are more laid back about it................
No way.

Whenever I go to Milan, I spend all my money for clothes

I just bought a new pc which creates serious problems with my bank

I need a new bed

I spend too much money for having fun

When I talk to other people they say theyre off worse, but I dont believe them

Old 09-20-2002, 01:54 PM   #18
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 11:36 PM

I used to work with a guy who was really into fashion, and he would spend all of his money on fancy clothes.
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at]
Old 09-21-2002, 12:24 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:36 PM

i just started college and i am only a writer, so i don't make VAST amounts of money.

but i just splurged and am going on a trip. :hey: i'm dying of excitement.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:28 AM   #20
Local Time: 10:36 PM
i'm a mmmmmmmmmmuuuuuunnn

i like to buy something , quite a lot of things , bu do i regret about wasted money , no , usually things give u much more then these colorful dead paper cuts
Old 09-21-2002, 02:48 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by Bonochick
I used to work with a guy who was really into fashion, and he would spend all of his money on fancy clothes.
And you know what, five years ago I wasnt like... definitely the baaaaaaaaaaaaaad influence of girls
Old 09-21-2002, 03:18 AM   #22

absolutely, I just seem incapable of holding onto any money, you get people you still have their holy communion money, mine was probably spent before I got out of the church...

I have a weakness for all things electronic, cds, dvds, I love clothes, I love really nice food - cooking (and of course eating) so I need to spend money on nice ingredients, it goes on...
Old 09-21-2002, 05:11 AM   #23
you are what you is
Originally posted by mad1
If so, i reckon most men DONT have this problem, after all they dont have to buy the quater percent of things essential to a woman.......
when we just started dating my girlfriend was shocked how easily I spend money on clothing
she got used to it by now
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 09-21-2002, 08:22 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:36 PM
I spend money and seem to have less of it all the time.
I don't waste it, hunter and gatherer...hunt the bargains, gather them in. I have a strict budget, been a bit tough meeting it lately, always rattling on about wanting things.

Yes & No & Yes about the guilt.
I try to make wise choices but realise we are so much luckier in the material sense that so many others in the world. But i do get some sort of endorphin release or something when I have a find...I went garage sailing today, did I see some beautiful things? but I didn't have much moola....BUT I did find a treasure!! I've rescued the most exquisite Olive Crane flannel Flower dish from being covered in bright orange paint.... a find 50c. I was definitely enjoying some euphoria over that , not guilt.

Yes I do waste a bit, but only a little.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:18 AM   #25
The Fly
Yes!!I was just thinking about this yesterday. I used to spend money on music, concerts, books. Now, that I'm married with's lunch. I can't help myself. A friend will call up and want to do lunch and I think I should say no. But, when the time comes I always go. I find myself scrambling for a sitter and running out the door. Clean the toilet or do lunch? mmm.... it's really a no brainer. Anyway, doing that a couple times a week adds up at the end of the month. I always end up feeling guilty. Should I?
Old 09-21-2002, 02:22 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I did this yesterday

I actually hit two malls so stuff I bought at one mall that ended up being more expensive than I planned....I returned it at the same stores in the 2nd mall

I felt so bad going back to the place of the original purchase....even though they could read on the receipt I had just bought it like an hour before

fall clothes
Old 09-22-2002, 12:23 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

My name is Disco........and I'm a shopaholic.

Yep, sure am. Don't drink, don't smoke, don't party, don't...*blush*, so I take out my frustrations by buying STUFF. My friends are always getting on my back about it. HOWEVER...that didn't stop us from dropping a few bucks this very weekend! Here's my issues:
  • I have a closet full of clothes but "nothing to wear."

I have prolly 25 pair of black shoes in various styles.

I'm constantly being a slave to fashion and looking for new stuff. The high-speed changes in women's fashion totally SUCKS!!! One can't keep up!

Shopping on the cheap (TJMaxx, Ross, etc.) doesn't help, if anything it makes it worse.

I'll buy stuff or put it on layaway...take it home, hate it, feel guilty, take it back. Buy more stuff.

I hate wearing things more than a few times, because they start to look "worn," which then compells me to buy more.

Being in a new apt. only makes me want to keep "tweaking" the decor and adding/changing things.

If I see something I like, I'll buy several.

I "emotion shop" a lot too, whether it's a good/bad day or just "because"...and even when I don't "have" money, I'll put it on plastic. Also very bad!

It's def. a sickness. I swear, I could have a freakin house by now if I had socked away even half of what I've spent over the years. I also worry about retirement, if I'll have enough to live on...and being over 40, this looming financial scenario scares the bejeesus outta me. there a shrink in da house??? (or perhaps a financial wizard?) :hide: