Do you Play in a Band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
I didn't see a thread, so I figured there should be a discussion thread for anyone who is in their very own band.

I personally am in the middle of starting one, we have five members and we're planning on having our first practice soon. I will be the lead singer and backing guitarist.

Trying to start one, so far we have 2 guitarists (me and my stepbrother) and a drummer, no idea where to find a bass player, though. :shrug:

Or at least, someone who owns a bass that I could learn on.

DaveC said:
Trying to start one, so far we have 2 guitarists (me and my stepbrother) and a drummer, no idea where to find a bass player, though. :shrug:

Alas, we don't live in the same area.

I play guitar and bass, but I haven't been in a band for years now.

I play guitar and can sing, and can play bass and keyboards in a pinch.

No band, however.

Maybe might look into forming one this summer to rocket to indie glory in the student bars of Montreal.

Canadiens1160 said:
I play guitar and can sing, and can play bass and keyboards in a pinch.

No band, however.

Maybe might look into forming one this summer to rocket to indie glory in the student bars of Montreal.

Do it, Mike. :drool:

I used to in high school, but we never amounted to anything.

I still write music often, although it's just me and an acoustic guitar.

I've written stuff that I like a lot that doesn't sound like all the other acoustic guitar bullshit, so we'll see where it evolves and where it takes me.

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
But recording engineers have 128-track minds. :shifty:

Ok, yeah. That was bad. :lol:
Digital age son
WE GOTS UNLIMITED TRAXX

protools
black eyed peas
hit muuuuchineee

My mother doesn't know I can sing very well, and cringed when I told her I will be the lead singer. :lol:

I really don't know how well I can sing, I can hit the notes in "Kite," so I must be alright at least. :shrug:

Lancemc said:
But recording engineers have 128-track minds. :shifty:

Ok, yeah. That was bad. :lol:

:lmao: very nice!

I have a band...sort of... um...we can play Vertigo :lol: see i'm the only one that has any experience. my drummer is self-taught from jamming with the bassist and I. the bassist is taught the basslines from me. and our singer stopped showing up like 6 months ago :lol: we're kind of in a sorry state

i'm hoping to start a band during college though...like a real band that records albums and plays shows and such...I write and record my own stuff so I'm really dying to have a band. i love my friends but i'm the only one of them that's really serious about the music thing so, I need to get a real band. but i don't know where to get one. :shrug:

GibsonGirl said:

Flyers around campus FTW.

yeah, I'll try that i guess. wonder if i could get it started during the summer though...

hey you have an explorer right? we could start a band of nothings but explorers :drool:

AtomicBono said:

yeah, I'll try that i guess. wonder if i could get it started during the summer though...

hey you have an explorer right? we could start a band of nothings but explorers :drool:

Do you know where you're going to college? Is it close by? If so, start putting up flyers now. You should be able to find a spot where they've got bulletin boards for you to tape on notices.

I do, but it's a piece of rubbish. The guitar I'm using here is much better. :drool: I regret ever wanting an Explorer! Okay, so it was a cheap knock-off of the Gibson kind, but guitar quality aside, it was just a terribly cumbersome guitar.

GibsonGirl said:

Do you know where you're going to college? Is it close by? If so, start putting up flyers now. You should be able to find a spot where they've got bulletin boards for you to tape on notices.

I do, but it's a piece of rubbish. The guitar I'm using here is much better. :drool: I regret ever wanting an Explorer! Okay, so it was a cheap knock-off of the Gibson kind, but guitar quality aside, it was just a terribly cumbersome guitar.

dayum I wish I could play like that...I never took the time to learn full U2 songs besides Vertigo and SBS :lol: you're amazing :up: cool guitar too, kinda different... I love my Explorer though. I can honestly say I don't want any other guitar.

yeah I should put up flyers...I can't wait to have a real band :drool:

I play lead guitar in a band. There are 5 of us, and 4 of us are really good. We write original songs, and honestly I think we could have a real shot at making it if it weren't for our singer. But our singer is my best friend, has been since we were 5, and now we're 25. He isn't any good, and we've been playing together for the past 5 years. He's a good lyric writer, but he can't sing OR play guitar, but he insists on doing both very loudly. We've played a few gigs, and everybody says "you guys would be great if you could lose your singer." It's a hard situation, and the rest of us have begun writing songs in private without him that also have potential. But we all have careers and girlfriends, and those are the 2 things that kill bands.

Also, our drummer's girlfriend is a bitch who controls his life in every way. She's there at practice, and she gives us 3 hours and then we're done. He doesn't hang out with us anymore, his life is just work, girlfriend, and band practice for 3 hours every sunday afternoon. It's sad. He's a bitch too for letting it get that way.

The band for me is really just a hobby. At least that's what I tell myself, even though I do see the potential and secretly wish I could do something in music.

I know I don't reply alot and you guys don't know me but what the hell. Ive been in many many bands and it never seemed to work out. Ive listened to U2 since I was a kid and all I've ever wanted was to be in a band and make great tunes. So Ive got my own thing now. I'm no Bono or The edge but its cool. Everyone should be in a band sometime in there life, its mostly an amazing experience. By the way if anyone's interested you can here my music at myspace.com/renderingasound

Back
Top Bottom