Do You Loan Things To People? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-26-2003, 08:26 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:07 PM
My problem is different -- I don't loan things (generally -- no one's trustworthy enough except my uncle and mom), but everyone leaves their stuff at our apartment so I have to try to remember and give it to them. Pots, fingerboards, blankets, pitchers, raspberry blue KoolAid.

Old 07-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #17
Local Time: 12:07 AM
I loan stuff to friends and family. Although I get slightly edgy about lending books and cds cos I hate people bending up the spines of the books and I hate people cracking my cd cases
I leant a 'friend' a book a couple of months ago, she's been saying she'll give it back for over a month. Last friday she phoned my to say she'd drop my book in so make sure I was up and I waited all day and there was no book...then a different friend tells me this 'friend' forget to give it back So ok, if my 'friend' is aware enough that she forgot about it to tell my other friend then surely she's aware that she can get off her fat arse, walk down the road and give it back to me

I really should just stop lending people stuff cos it just ends up with me getting like this

But I do like to introduce people to new stuff so

Old 07-26-2003, 05:50 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:07 PM
I've "loaned" money to a friend (32K+). Later he divorsed his wife (abandoning her with two kids) and disapeared off the face of the earth.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #19
love, blood, life
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I like to share so I dont mind loaning things out. I have yet to get burnt by not getting something back.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:29 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
I don't have much that's worth breaking a friendship over if it gets lost or whatnot. I dunno...things just don't seem that important. Or maybe I need nicer things. So yeah, I loan. In fact, much of the furniture and household items I own are scattered about my friends' apartments because I figured better they get used then sit in storage while I travel.
"I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me." - Bono

Old 07-26-2003, 11:17 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
sometimes. money is tricky though...several friends have a tab...but really, i'd rather have the friends than the hundred bucks or so.

if it's a cd, i'd rather just burn 'em a copy or a mix with their favorite songs. i'll lend my brother a cd for a listen if he's interested in buying it, or the similar, but other than that, i'm VERY protective of my music.

in 6th grade, a friend named jessica smith borrowed $6 and $5 worth of carnival tickets. she said she'd pay me back, but i went to a different school the next year and never saw her again.

my sister "borrows" my clothes all the time. and by "borrows" i mean "takes without permission." one time she borrowed a dress of mine about 20 times. she had it in her room and i asked if i could have it because i wanted to wear it. her exact words were "no! then people will know i actually borrowed it from YOU!" apparently i'm an embarrassment...another time she lent MY white concert shirt to a friend. i had no clue and looked for it for several weeks. when it came time for a choir concert i needed the shirt. once i found out what happened, my mother had to drive half an hour to go get it from the friend's house. i don't let her borrow clothes but eventually i find items of mine in her laundry basket when she comes to my parents' house to do the wash.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:13 AM   #22
love, blood, life
Local Time: 04:07 PM
I do loan people books, movies and CDs and it's a massive pain in the ass because it takes them forever to return them. If someone lends me something, I try to get it back to them as soon as possible but unfortunately most people aren't like that.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:34 AM   #23
Local Time: 12:07 AM
I loan people stuff all the time, including money...then I completely forget...people are usually after me to return things, not the other way around lol