Do you like your Pie with or without Nuts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Cubs' Pie out 3-5 days
By Paul Sullivan, 3:23 p.m.

MARYVALE, Ariz. -- Centerfielder Felix Pie will undergo surgery on Monday to correct a personal problem and miss 3-5 days, manager Lou Piniella announced before the Cubs-Brewers game.

Pie is suffering from what's called testicular torsion, or, in layman's terms, a twisted testicle. It happened early in camp, but Pie had the problem reduced manually, sources said, and was able to continue playing. He was scheduled to have the corrective surgery on the Cubs off-day next Monday, but when Pie reported to camp with soreness Monday, the Cubs decided to get the procedure done today.

The surgery involves sewing the outer layer of the testicle to the scrotum wall. The Cubs said it was a minor procedure, and if the problem was not corrected soon, Pie would risk losing the testicle.

It's not known how Pie incurred the injury, but it's not uncommon. Some men are more susceptible to it than others, but it usually happens in late adolescence.

Piniella delicately called it Pie's "situation" and said it shouldn't keep him from competing for the centerfield job. Pie is leading Sam Fuld, who will get most of the playing time in Pie's absence.

nuts.jpg

I've heard of it, but then again I'm a dork med student and have heard about all sorts of weird stuff.

A torsioned testicle usually is an emergency because typically the blood supply is cut off and you can wind up losing one of your boys.

On completely random note and maybe a little too much information, but who cares. Part of my training is to conduct a full physical exam including the good ol' testicle check. Turns out one my patients had a prosthetic testicle due to a torsioned testicle.

I know a guy who had it once.

They said it's the equivalent pain to child birth.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
a twisted testicle.

Reminds me of the time the Simpsons' dog had a twisted stomach and needed an operation..

The surgery involves sewing the outer layer of the testicle to the scrotum wall.

Oh great now I got that song "Balls to the Wall" stuck in my head!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i believe they burried it in the backyard

All a little Miracle Grow, maybe it'll grow a bush

Back
Top Bottom