Do You Like These Artists?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I did these threads before, like 3 months ago. But I know music interests have changed. You can do yours too, where people reply if they like that artists or not or whatever in the list you made.

Joe 90

The Bigger Lovers

Oleander

Cake

John Fogetry

David Bowie

At The Drive-In

:tongue: :tongue:

Last edited:
okay cib i've heard of half of yours and yes i like them. i won't say which half though. :wink:

and as for yours penny, i like patti smith and zep. :up:

i won't list mine though cuz no one likes them!

coemgen said:
CIB, I love at the drive-in, but they broke up! Now some of them are in that crap band Sparta.

That's just offensive and wrong.

what mofo said, seriously. sparta are a lot better than at the drive in, especially the later atdi shit. one armed scissor? give me a break.

yertle-the-turtle said:
'One Armed Scissor' is a great song.

i liked it for about a week :shrug: i think i have it on my comptuer, though.

PennyPyro said:
Oh geez, i've hardly even heard of most of these. Sorry!
But as for mine:

P.O.D.

Patti Smith

Led Zeppelin

Simon and Garfunkel

1. :up:
2. I don't know
3. :up:
4. in-between

David Bowie is amazing. At the Drive-In rock tremendously, too. As far as my list goes...

Third Eye Blind

The Talking Heads

Elliott Smith

The Pixies

Modest Mouse

The Mars Volta are pretty good, too. However, the only problem I really have with them is that their new album feels wayyy too pretentious. I mean, there's a fucking 30 minute song. I haven't even been able to listen to the whole thing through yet, and I'm pretty patient when it comes to music.

However, the stuff I've heard from their first CD is damn good (Drunkenship of Lanterns :drool:). So I may be able to forgive them. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:
okay then, how many of you have heard of them?

That's the question I'd have to ask for most of the bands I like. Big part of the reason you don't see me starting any "Art of Fighting... WOW!" threads.... :huh:

i don't like very many of the bands listed. elliott smith, modest mouse, and maybe 1 or 2 others are fine. but third eye blind?? POD?! come on.

Zoomerang96 said:
i don't like very many of the bands listed. elliott smith, modest mouse, and maybe 1 or 2 others are fine. but third eye blind?? POD?! come on.

What about Hall & Oats? Maneater. Say It Aint So, Rich Girl.

ah yes, hall and oats.

were they the ones who won album of the year at the 2001 grammy's? or was that someone else?

so horny and lame. :down:

Zoomerang96 said:

Hey, man. Don't knock them if you haven't heard at least their first CD in it's entirety. In my opinion, I think most people would like at least the last three songs on that CD, no matter what musical biases they might have. They're just beautifully crafted songs.

All this considering you've probably just judged them from the singles you've heard on the radio. Personally, I haven't listened to the radio in years, and I think that judging bands purely on the singles that they have out at the moment is pretty ignorant. For example, say someone had only heard "Vertigo" by U2 (I know, not very likely, but you never know with the spawn of the TRL generation). After just hearing that song, some people might write them off as cheesy old men trying to rock out with power chords (not saying that I don't like the song myself, but I can see how people would feel that way). Now, knowing all of the great songs that U2 have made that aren't at all like Vertigo, how would you feel if they were judged based on that song alone?

indra said:
That's the question I'd have to ask for most of the bands I like. Big part of the reason you don't see me starting any "Art of Fighting... WOW!" threads.... :huh:
:laugh:

i've only heard one p.o.d. song. it was an atrocious cover of bullet.

i saw POD before they had struck it big, they were playing ina rundown church in a not so good area of downtown, you just had to bring cans or food for the homeless to be let in. there was a lot of raw energy... i'm not too sure how they were after they gained popularity with their 'alive' single, i dont even knowif theyre still around.

Back
Top Bottom