Do you like music more than you should? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2003, 05:19 PM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:36 AM
I would wither & die without music. I am an obsessive, a fiend, an uncontrollable vacuum of everything musical. If I went deaf, I'd probably kill myself.

Old 03-24-2003, 08:24 PM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:36 AM
Yeah, i spend far too much of my time dedicated to music as well - i'm also 25, and while i dream of working in music one day (and am going to try to apply for jobs places, who knows...) it's probably unrealistic. Nevertheless, the best times in my life have been at concerts or somehow surrounded by music. I wouldn't trade that for anything, and I would never want the possibility of future times like that taken from me.

Old 03-24-2003, 08:33 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Music is my passion, it makes me love my life and enjoy it!! I have no clue what I would be like if I didnt consume music as much as I do

Someday I hope to be able to make music to share with the whole world!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:21 PM   #19
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by jkayet
Yeah, i spend far too much of my time dedicated to music as well - i'm also 25, and while i dream of working in music one day (and am going to try to apply for jobs places, who knows...) it's probably unrealistic. Nevertheless, the best times in my life have been at concerts or somehow surrounded by music. I wouldn't trade that for anything, and I would never want the possibility of future times like that taken from me.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:01 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:36 AM
i agree with all of you...heh...and i figure, most teenagers spend their money on clothes or going out...but i spend my money on music and meeting my friends who feel the same way as i do about it...

for me, music is the language of emotion...no matter what i'm feeling, there's that one song or that one album that i just need to listen to. when i close my eyes and enter the world of what i'm listening to, it's a sort of utopia. some days i listen for an escape from my life, some days it's because i want to remeber something of the past, and some days i just need to turn the volume up full blast and cry. music is one of the few things that makes me cry...and i can't explain why.

certain songs, when i hear them i'm immersed in this pain and agony. my whole body lives in that one moment. music's life takes over my own. and when it's over, i'm left with a broken heart, and all i can do is listen just once more.

if i didn't have music in my life, i would have no passion. and life without passion is a mundane walk down a straight path. my friends laugh at me for being so protective of my music, but i just don't care. i love the way i feel when i'm listening...

ok, sorry! didn't mean to drone on and bore you all! it just came out...heh...
Old 03-24-2003, 11:30 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Stories for Boys
i agree with all of you...heh...and i figure, most teenagers spend their money on clothes or going out...but i spend my money on music and meeting my friends who feel the same way as i do about it...

for me, music is the language of emotion...no matter what i'm feeling, there's that one song or that one album that i just need to listen to. when i close my eyes and enter the world of what i'm listening to, it's a sort of utopia. some days i listen for an escape from my life, some days it's because i want to remeber something of the past, and some days i just need to turn the volume up full blast and cry. music is one of the few things that makes me cry...and i can't explain why.

certain songs, when i hear them i'm immersed in this pain and agony. my whole body lives in that one moment. music's life takes over my own. and when it's over, i'm left with a broken heart, and all i can do is listen just once more.

if i didn't have music in my life, i would have no passion. and life without passion is a mundane walk down a straight path. my friends laugh at me for being so protective of my music, but i just don't care. i love the way i feel when i'm listening...

ok, sorry! didn't mean to drone on and bore you all! it just came out...heh...
Laura dont be sorry I feel the exact same way! I get laughed at for it too.

Music makes me feel normal, thats why I decided I am going to write a paper on what U2 has done for me unknowningly and I might decide to post it on the board but I dont know for sure.

"Wonder" by Natalie Merchant describes my life to the T !!!!!! I swear she either has someone close to her that has been through what I went through when I was younger or she met me when I was younger. I cry ever time I hear that song bc of the song memories that its brings back and sometimes I cant even listen to it bc the emotion is soooo strong.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:53 PM   #22
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 07:36 AM
I heard a song the other day that totally summed up how I feel about music, and made me feel better.

That song was: I Know It's Only Rock and Roll, But I Like It by The Rolling Stones
Old 04-04-2003, 09:20 AM   #23
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Yeah I sometimes think Im a bit obsessed!!! I spend way tooo much money on CDs and concerts!!! and get quite attctched to artists that inspire me!!!

oh well could be worse!!! I guess its better to have a music addiction rather than drugs or alcohol!!!