Do you like Harry Potter? Are u going to get 5th book this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anthony said:
WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT (if you're the type to think things through logically and find out by deduction)

And also, to anyone else who knows who died - don't you think Rowling was a little cruel? I mean, she's leaving Harry with very few people to depend on! By the seventh book, at this rate, Harry's going to be on Jerry Springer complaining about how everybody died on him! Oh, and Rowling has confirmed that there will be more deaths in the next two books.

To quote; "Yes, there will be more deaths, I think. Yes, many more deaths... MWAHAHAAHAHAA!"

Actually, I don't think she gave an evil laughter at the end, but still, you get my meaning.

:laugh:

I didnt like the death; it saddened me greatly and felt like the character just... slipped away. No goodbye or anything, considering what a major character it was. Didn't anyone else think that the Order was a bit too...'passive' about the character's passing? I for one felt that the only person who really missed the character was Harry.

I think there is going to be more discussion involving the actual death (which was, uh, quite mysterious -- excuse the pun) and we'll probably get to read more opinions or whatever regarding it. If that makes any sense. I felt like it happened very quickly, too, but I don't feel like it's over. Of course, they can't come back from the dead, but Harry is obviously going to find out what exactly is behind the curtain.

Also, I was greatly disappointed with Dumbledore's 'revelation' - as you know, he always reveals something at the end of the book, or some great twist happens. Well, he does reveal something, but hardly something oh so outstanding. Anyhow, I'm just moaning because it wasn't as good as the last one, which is odd, considering how all the books have been better than their predecessors.

Ant.

That brings up a complaint of mine.. I felt like I was hardly EVER surprised, throughout the entire book. Aside from occasional Umbridge doings and the person who ended up dying, there wasn't really anything that surprised me. I managed to figure out most of it before it happened. :shrug: I was a little disappointed in Dumbledore's speech, too.

Hope the next comes out soon, and we don't have to wait another couple years.

oh i was surprised. first, this person may die. then someone doesn't show up, then someone else looks like they might die, then this then that. I didn't know. I couldn't figure it out.

i wouldn't have minded the death as much if i had no idea it was coming. i stayed out of this thread, i didn't read any articles in the paper, i hate spoliers i hate them i hate them i hate them i hate them i hate them i hate them

i also hate little brothers :|

at one point, thinking there was a possibility of a certain character dying, i tried to flip to the last couple pages to skim for a mention of their name, to make sure they weren't going to die yet...didn't grab a big enough chunk of the book, landed on page 834 or so, and that damn bold font killed it for me...

did like the book though

yeah the dumbledore-revaltation ending bugged me

Last edited:
Anthony said:
Hahahahaaaa

NONE. Thats right, one big fat ZERO! So much for having friends 'in the know', next time I'll remind him that all of his info sucked, and really left me disappointed! I was waiting for 'that' revelation (the one I told you, Angie) at the end... but I was left with egg on my face instead.

Well, I learned my lesson. Dammit. Death to spoilers... especially fake ones...

Lies, all lies.

Ant.

Dont feel like that! You were closer to the truth than I was! Besides, dont you think that would be a bit Star Wars? I'm not saying it was a plausible possibility, but it would have been too neat and trite. There's somethng up though. For sure!
I haven't finished it yet, but I'm still waiting for the Voldemort/Harry link. If its not revealed in this one, I'm dead sure its going to come out soon. It has too. Makes no sense otherwise. Unless said dead person has some kind of link.
Speaking of the dead person...maybe I'm cold and heartless, but I found said person to be slightly irritating. Bitchy almost. I know Harry is taken with 'person' but something stinks there...I guess if this person dies then that cant be explored....but hrmphh. I guess I was wrong about Draco! If that makes you feel any better :wink:

I get the feeling I'm going to be a bit frustrated with this one...more questions than answers type thing...
:scream:

I enjoyed reading the book, possibly more than I've enjoyed any of the previous books. However, like a few other people have said, I was quite disappointed by the "revelation." There had been so much hype about what Dumbledore would tell Harry at the end of the book that I was honestly expecting something a bit more revealing than what we got.

Let's hope book six won't really be another three years.

Back
Top Bottom