Do you like ARCHITECTURE? Want to see some IN HELSINKI?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Ok, I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Architecture in Helsinki's new album, 'In Case We Die'. The music is a 'mix of symphonic and electronic pop' (I stole that from allmusic), and it's so much ridiculous fun that it almost makes you start dancing and smiling crazily the second you hear it.

Anyone else here like them? Anyone? How about all my Australian homies, are they remotely known/popular there? If you dont know who they are, I recommend you check them out post haste.

Here are some links of splendidness about them:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?...FFA62A5500FD6C0EC56ECAD1B&sql=10:kc6ftraykl4x
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/a/architecture-in-helsinki/in-case-we-die.shtml

Here's their website, check out the video for 'It's 5!' and partei:
http://www.architectureinhelsinki.com/

Oh yeah, forgot this: :up:

yes! I like them... In Case We Die is way superior to Fingers Crossed, that is a good album too

playful music

good thread, thanks to you and Basstrap I can ignore the Rob Thomas and Coldplay, among others, threads

Oh, I think I also forgot to include that it's weird enough for the weirdest of you. Good times :up:

'in case we die' makes me laugh...

"stranger danger, danger stranger, when ya gonna follow through..."

architecture in helsinki = good times. :up:

I like them too. I have both their albums. I posted a thread about them in another forum just the other day.

The video for 'It's 5' is great. Too bad the version on their website is of such poor quality. But I got to see it on Rage when I was in Australia and you could really see how they look all happy and cheerful as they dance around in circles but if you look at them more closely you see that the girl has a bloody nose or the guy has a black eye so it's got this kind of cute creepiness about it.

Very awesome.. almost too weird. But not quite. I don't think. I need to listen more.

Maybe You Can Owe Me and Wishbone are my favs off the new album.

Ho. Ho. Ho. Dude, I was listening to Architecture in Helsinki when you were jerking off to AFI's last album. They're not bad at all, I'll grant ya.

australians make good music. just look at nick cave and augie march.

Not sure Nick Cave counts - I mean, he's awesome, but England and Germany have been his homes since forever. I mean, back home in Australia, mediocre pub rock acts rule the roost. It's pretty depressing really.

Augie March are good, but fairly inpenetrable for me.

heh. yeah. Augie aren't super accessible. A band you hear and just know they're really smart, talented guys, but not necessarily want to keep listening to their music. month by month i get gradually more into them... I recommend the songs 'There is No Such Place' and 'This Train is Taking No Passengers. But I just made a thread for them so I shouldn't be discussing them here.

goodnight.

or should I say...

good morning!

:flirt:

It's good
seems a bit more calm than the sometimes freakish 'Fingers Crossed' (which I also enjoy)

Wow, this thread is two years old. :huh:

I saw them Saturday night. It was a good time in an awful "venue" (unheated empty concrete building). I mainly went to support my little city in bringing more cool bands to town but we need a proper club. :grumpy:

They're pretty fun live. One of my friends is still furious with my job since I was out of town when they were hear a couple weeks ago.

Thinking about it, I really haven't listened to the new album much yet. Heart It Races is great though, I've listened to it a ton. I like the video as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZjpWs1h7pU

Sounds like your smaller venues are crappy as well. I haaaate a number of places that seem to always get great bands here.

Back
Top Bottom