Do you judge intelligence based on hair colour? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2002, 06:19 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:16 AM
I know what you mean, I'm blonde and I sometimes I feel like people don't take me seriously because of my hair color. I think people also underestimate my intelligence because they don't think i look very smart.

Old 09-03-2002, 08:53 AM   #17
Babyface

Local Time: 04:16 PM
I'm blonde by choice. I bleach my hair white blonde - It's great for hiding those tell tale grey hairs before this I used to dye my hair black (in my gothic youth) can't say i've noticed people treating me any differently though. They still only comment on my piercings.

Old 09-03-2002, 10:52 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 11:16 AM

Hair colour doesn't determine your level of intelligence. I have met several very intellectual and smart blondes and I have met a lot of dumb brunettes. I think it's very immature to judge someone based on their hair colour. I have long wavy light brown/dark blond hair and blue eyes, and some people have teased me about it but they don't really mean it...Oh well what i can do but just laugh about it. But I have thought about getting some red highlights to have more unconventional look.
Old 09-03-2002, 01:41 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

interesting, i just found this article online about men preferring blondes
...can i say, i hate studies like this.

*runs off to brush my jet black hair!*

Men preferring Blondes
Old 09-03-2002, 02:38 PM   #20
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing
I just find it strange that we still live in a society where intelligence is based on hair colour. I thought we had passed that. Apparently, I was wrong.
i know! i've started to wonder if i can't find a job because i have blonde hair. i doubt it though since i'm not looking for "serious" jobs, just like work at drug stores, tanning salons, etc.

i've dyed my hair just avout every colour (blonde, black, red, orange, fire engine red...) and i've been blonde since about april. i'm wondering if i should change my colour again and if so, what to?
Old 09-03-2002, 07:15 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:16 AM
i think its dumb to judge women or men based on their hair color. i have brown hair, and i've been told i am smart, or intelligent, but also there are times when i can be ditzy too. its stupid how men or women can make any judgements based on hair color alone.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:00 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

well, I guess I think of non-blondes as being a tad more inteligent, even tho I know it's completely untrue...I'm sure it's because of all the blonde jokes thru the years. But hey, I bleached my hair blonde for a coupla years, and believe me, I did NOT have more fun and sure didn't notice that my intelligence had waned any! But anyway, I still dyed it black....then red then two-tone, then went back to being a redhead, and have been one ever since. I seem to get the most compliments from it anyway...but more fun or more intelligent? Who the heck knows?
Old 09-04-2002, 03:16 AM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 02:16 AM
i have nothing worthwhile contributing here because its a ridiculous thing to even be talking about really.
i dye my hair so its all rather irrelevant.
i actually just wanted to ask miss velvet if her sig was the guy who used to be in ballykissangel.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:26 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl

i actually just wanted to ask miss velvet if her sig was the guy who used to be in ballykissangel.

he was on ballykissangel...his name is Colin Farrel.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:10 PM   #25
War Child

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Yeah thought so. He played the new boy from Dublin who came to live with Eamon the pig farmer lol
He's a hottie!!!
Old 09-04-2002, 05:32 PM   #26
MacPhisto's serving wench

Normal

Well.....

coming from a high school where everyone knew me, hair colour wasn't very relevant. I was a smart kid, despite blond hair (my hair used to be VERY blond as a kid). There was a stigma though....there was a huge group of "ginas" who dyed their hair this horrible, fake blond colour. They were pretty dumb, I guess. None of them ever worked very hard, and spent more time trying to perfect the dark lipliner/different coloured lipstick look than they did on school.

However, I find that at university, blond hair gets you labeled more of a 'party girl.' Esp when you hair is long and curly (as mine gets in the summer). Which is one thing when youre going out - I have no problems with this. In fact, I often roll with it. I'll be the first sto say "I must be blond" if I do something stupid.
Last year at university I dyed my hair red--then this darker brown. I just found that people that didn't know me took me more seriously, esp when compared with some other friends who are (completely) blond.

The person at work went as far as to say that he never thought I was a science student - more an English student, or history...or that I was just in university to get a degree and didn't know what I wanted to do with my life.....WTF??

My doctor is blond.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:51 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I like brown hair.

It is just a preference.

Intelligence has nothing to do with hair color, althoug I will say that people who dye their hair blue are generally less intelligent than people with brown hair.