Do you have any funny quirks??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
Actually I have MANY....lol....but I think the most interesting one is that I need to know how a movie (or book) ends before I see (read) it.

Thats why I go to spoiler websites to read the entire plot of a movie I want to see, AND why I always read the last two pages of a book to see how it ends and only THEN do I read it....

LOL....thats not quirky, thats downright FLAKEY!....heehee.

Yes, spending way too much time in Interland during Office hours. :huh: :sigh:

I have a bunch of weird habits when it comes to speaking.
I constantly spew out random quotes (from books, TV shows, or just lyrics) to answer questions, and half the time I don't make sense. When i'm not quoting, I speak in a hybrid of German/French/English and pick and mix words from the different languages (mostly English though, obviously).
I always use made-up words too.

Infact, i'm probably an horrendous person to hold a conversation with.

I minored in math in college & did all right, but my quirk is that I don't automatically know what 7+5 and 8+5 are. I always have to think & rethink those two combinations. It's like a scratch on the CD in my head. I must've been sick that day in elementary school or something.

Another quirk - I murder the word "rural" EVERY TIME I say it. :D

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:
I don't like my food to touch each other on the plate and I eat one thing at a time.:coocoo:

I can't believe someone else does this!!!! I do the same thing. When going to fast food places I eat my Cheeseburger before I start my fries. :reject: :coocoo:

beau2ifulday said:
I have a bunch of weird habits when it comes to speaking.
I constantly spew out random quotes (from books, TV shows, or just lyrics) to answer questions, and half the time I don't make sense. When i'm not quoting, I speak in a hybrid of German/French/English and pick and mix words from the different languages (mostly English though, obviously).
I always use made-up words too.

Infact, i'm probably an horrendous person to hold a conversation with.

so you say "you can't handle the truth" and stuff like that? :D cool. I don't quote, but I like to use made up words too.

I like to open the sandwiches and eat the bread first, then the cheese and I leave the ham for the last.

when I'm eating things like M&M or nerds I like to clasiffy them in size and color, I always eat the small ones, or with colors that I don't like first, and then the big yummy ones.

I always leave a very small amount of food in the plate and I say "I'm full".. my mom gets mad when I say that :wink:

YBORCITYOBL said:

I can't believe someone else does this!!!! I do the same thing. When going to fast food places I eat my Cheeseburger before I start my fries. :reject: :coocoo:

ROFLMAO!!.......:lmao: :lmao:

I'm exactly the OPPOSITE.
My food could arrive with each condiment(sp?) neatly placed and buy the time I start eating it my plate looks like a war zone....with everything mixed together - that's how I like it.

I have a problem with odd numbers for some reason. I prefer even ones. Also, when I'm eating a sandwich or something with filling sometimes I eat the insides first and then the outside part. :huh:

I have OCD--things have to be in proper alignment or it just drives me crazy. I stayed at a hotel in Atlanta and the toilet was in a corner & not aligned straight with the bathtub & sink & it bothered me the 2 days I was there. Place mats & pictures much be in line etc. :help:

I have to eat my food together. I have to take a bite of burger and then eat a fry before I finish chewing my burger. I have to take a bite of steak and then immediately a bite of potato, or rice etc. I HAVE to have chips with a quesadilla or a burrito. If SOMEONE forgets to get me chips I cant eat these items :angry:

I have to kiss my cats before I leave the house. And I look for them to make sure they are there/inside even though I know there is no way they would get out, I have to see each of them and say goodbye before I shut the door and leave. Of course one of them knows I do this so she plays a game and hides from me when I am leaving. :|

JCOSTER said:
I don't like my food to touch each other on the plate and I eat one thing at a time.:coocoo:

Same. And I never drink anything until I've finished eating. I think it's disgusting when people put food in their mouths, then take a swig of Coke or something when the food's still in there. :barf:

Another quirk - I cannot sleep unless I have an eye mask on. The room could be absolutely pitch black, but I still wouldn't be able to sleep without the mask.

U2Girl1978 said:
Yea I have a quirk where I have to check stuff 3 times. :|

I do this all the time with important stuff. Like if I take my wedding rings off and put them on my ring holder (the only place I'll put them), I go back and check they're there at least twice. The worst is when I travel or fly. I always keep a little wallet/case with all my papers/tickets/cash/passports etc in it - I'm CONSTANTLY checking it to make sure that I havent lost or, or that anything has magically disappeared from it. That and re-checking my car door locks.

I have a noticable walk.
I slightly drag my right heel on every 3rd step.
People always know when I'm coming down the hall :mad: :wink:

And I dance to the musak in my store and I don't care who is watching (boys across the hall at GNC get a free show everyday :lol: )

I have a problem with random crunchy things in my food.

For example... I make tuna salad and egg salad with mustard and mayo only, and never relish or onion because I don't like running into random crunchy things in my sandwich. I won't eat my mom's potato salad because of the onions... celery I can see and not eat, but onions are invisible in potato salad.

I like hamburger and bologne and hot dogs, but not most meat in it's natural form - steak or poultry that's not still on the bone. I'll eat it if I must but I have to shred it and examine it all very carefully. I can't handle running into random crunchy gristle.

oh, and I also don't like things of a bouncy texture, like jello, gummy bears, and ham.

I hate wet paper, so my friends like to toss wet paper towel or tissues at me.

Opposite of Kristie, I will not eat any form of meat that is processed and/or stamped into something other than it's natural form.

I can touch my tongue to my nose and walk on my hands.

I hate the bottom of shoes...you could chase me for miles if I thought you were going to touch the bottom of a shoe to my skin ( and one of my friends did in high school cos she thought I was joking). Only worn outside shoes though, on dirty ground. I bought a pair of Nike Shox last week and I love them. I have only been wearing them inside when I work out at home. I think I will actually have to buy a separate pair for wearing to the gym and the track. Relatives stopped by the other day and I accidently wore them out in my back yard on my deck etc. I seriously debated with myself about whether they were "ruined". Seeing as I just had the patio laid and the deck is brand new it was deemed alright by the fucked up centre of my brain that controls this quirk/phobia.

She Is Raging said:

I do this all the time with important stuff. Like if I take my wedding rings off and put them on my ring holder (the only place I'll put them), I go back and check they're there at least twice. The worst is when I travel or fly. I always keep a little wallet/case with all my papers/tickets/cash/passports etc in it - I'm CONSTANTLY checking it to make sure that I havent lost or, or that anything has magically disappeared from it. That and re-checking my car door locks.

I'm always freaking out thinking I might leave something behind on the bus or train. So I have to look behind me three times just to make sure I have everything. I will check the same drawer at work three times.

I don't know why I do this! I never did this when I was younger. :lol:

All cupboards, drawers, doors must be closed at all times. It drives me nuts if someone leaves them open. My old roomie used to leave our front door wide open all the time, even in the dead of winter. :rant: Shut the doors, people!

I have a very specific routine for when I go to bed. I have to do it the same way every night, or else I can't sleep.

My foods can't touch each other. I usually eat one thing at a time - I never mix them up.

I'm a bit OCD, so I have a lot of other things that are just too ridiculous and embarassing to mention here. :reject:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Opposite of Kristie, I will not eat any form of meat that is processed and/or stamped into something other than it's natural form....

I won't eat meat - period. I've been a vegetarian for going on half my life now. Just the thought of it..:slant:

daygloeyes2 said:
I have a problem with odd numbers for some reason. I prefer even ones. Also, when I'm eating a sandwich or something with filling sometimes I eat the insides first and then the outside part. :huh:

I have a problem with odd numbers too! I do everything in even numbers, otherwise it's just wrong. Open cabinets drive me up the wall, it's not hard to close a cabinet or a door.

Also, I have to mix my ketchup and ranch dressing otherwise I can't eat my french fries.

Kristie said:
I have a problem with random crunchy things in my food.

YES:love:!!!

I don't like anything crunchy in my ice cream

I have to check and recheck things...(is the stove off..is the ironed unplugged..is the door locked etc....)

I never take the last sip out of my drink..even if its my own:|

If I am on a plane I play my music loud during take off..I don't want to hear the engines:crazy: I hate planes......if we are crashing..I don't want to hear about it:|

:ohmy: i was about to say the exact same thing as you Dis - i mean about checking everything! :crazy: paranoid of leaving the fire/toaster/kettle on or doors being locked! :huh:

i cant walk barefoot in my own kitchen. i have to wear sandals, socks, or shoes.

I can't sleep in my room if the horizontal blinds are facing down. They have to be facing all the way up or I can't fall asleep.

I used to not be able to eat anything in a restaurant unless I had a beverage on the table. I would stop eating for a long time and wait for someone to refill my beverage. I was paranoid that I would choke on something without something to drink nearby. Since I gave up caffeine last July that quirk has gone away for some reason. (I couldn't ask anyone to refill the beverage either - would make me seem weak. They had to notice it and do it without any help from me.)

I have to be able to see what windows I have open at the bottom of my computer screen. When I got my upgrade to XP Media it just had 1 window of Explorer windows if I had more than say, 4 or 5 Explorer windows open at a time, and just say "Explorer X6" or whatever. Drove me nuts!!! Glad I figured out how to change that.

My hubby has to check the door to make sure it's locked before going to work every morning. Luckily he's been seeing a chiropractor (my old boss) about that and it's gotten much better - he used to have to check it upwards of 30+ times, waking his wife up too early in the morning. Now I don't notice it.

But he does have to check to make sure our girls are still inside. They're indoor cats, and he's got to come back up after he gets into his car to check on them and make sure they're safe. Screw the wife, he doesn't care about her. As long as the cats are safe, he can leave for work. :madspit: He wasn't much of a cat person until he met me, and now they rule him!!! (Progress, IMO. :))

Back
Top Bottom