Do you have any funny quirks?? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:19 AM
I have a noticable walk.
I slightly drag my right heel on every 3rd step.
People always know when I'm coming down the hall

And I dance to the musak in my store and I don't care who is watching (boys across the hall at GNC get a free show everyday )

Old 03-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:19 AM
I have a problem with random crunchy things in my food.

For example... I make tuna salad and egg salad with mustard and mayo only, and never relish or onion because I don't like running into random crunchy things in my sandwich. I won't eat my mom's potato salad because of the onions... celery I can see and not eat, but onions are invisible in potato salad.

I like hamburger and bologne and hot dogs, but not most meat in it's natural form - steak or poultry that's not still on the bone. I'll eat it if I must but I have to shred it and examine it all very carefully. I can't handle running into random crunchy gristle.

oh, and I also don't like things of a bouncy texture, like jello, gummy bears, and ham.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:19 AM
I get phycially ill from the smell of cornbread, ham and beans all together.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:38 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:19 AM
I hate wet paper, so my friends like to toss wet paper towel or tissues at me.

Opposite of Kristie, I will not eat any form of meat that is processed and/or stamped into something other than it's natural form.

I can touch my tongue to my nose and walk on my hands.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:19 AM
I hate the bottom of shoes...you could chase me for miles if I thought you were going to touch the bottom of a shoe to my skin ( and one of my friends did in high school cos she thought I was joking). Only worn outside shoes though, on dirty ground. I bought a pair of Nike Shox last week and I love them. I have only been wearing them inside when I work out at home. I think I will actually have to buy a separate pair for wearing to the gym and the track. Relatives stopped by the other day and I accidently wore them out in my back yard on my deck etc. I seriously debated with myself about whether they were "ruined". Seeing as I just had the patio laid and the deck is brand new it was deemed alright by the fucked up centre of my brain that controls this quirk/phobia.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by She Is Raging

I do this all the time with important stuff. Like if I take my wedding rings off and put them on my ring holder (the only place I'll put them), I go back and check they're there at least twice. The worst is when I travel or fly. I always keep a little wallet/case with all my papers/tickets/cash/passports etc in it - I'm CONSTANTLY checking it to make sure that I havent lost or, or that anything has magically disappeared from it. That and re-checking my car door locks.
I'm always freaking out thinking I might leave something behind on the bus or train. So I have to look behind me three times just to make sure I have everything. I will check the same drawer at work three times.

I don't know why I do this! I never did this when I was younger.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:32 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:19 PM
All cupboards, drawers, doors must be closed at all times. It drives me nuts if someone leaves them open. My old roomie used to leave our front door wide open all the time, even in the dead of winter. Shut the doors, people!

I have a very specific routine for when I go to bed. I have to do it the same way every night, or else I can't sleep.

My foods can't touch each other. I usually eat one thing at a time - I never mix them up.

I'm a bit OCD, so I have a lot of other things that are just too ridiculous and embarassing to mention here.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:56 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Opposite of Kristie, I will not eat any form of meat that is processed and/or stamped into something other than it's natural form....
I won't eat meat - period. I've been a vegetarian for going on half my life now. Just the thought of it..
Old 03-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by daygloeyes2
I have a problem with odd numbers for some reason. I prefer even ones. Also, when I'm eating a sandwich or something with filling sometimes I eat the insides first and then the outside part.
I have a problem with odd numbers too! I do everything in even numbers, otherwise it's just wrong. Open cabinets drive me up the wall, it's not hard to close a cabinet or a door.

Also, I have to mix my ketchup and ranch dressing otherwise I can't eat my french fries.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristie
I have a problem with random crunchy things in my food.

YES!!!

I don't like anything crunchy in my ice cream

I have to check and recheck things...(is the stove off..is the ironed unplugged..is the door locked etc....)

I never take the last sip out of my drink..even if its my own

If I am on a plane I play my music loud during take off..I don't want to hear the engines I hate planes......if we are crashing..I don't want to hear about it
Old 03-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:19 AM
i was about to say the exact same thing as you Dis - i mean about checking everything! paranoid of leaving the fire/toaster/kettle on or doors being locked!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I hit people when I'm really excited Be happy this is an online forum
Old 03-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #28
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
I have to see each of them and say goodbye before I shut the door and leave.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

i cant walk barefoot in my own kitchen. i have to wear sandals, socks, or shoes.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #30
New Yorker

Location: Hangin' out by the state line turning holy water into wine
I can't sleep in my room if the horizontal blinds are facing down. They have to be facing all the way up or I can't fall asleep.

I used to not be able to eat anything in a restaurant unless I had a beverage on the table. I would stop eating for a long time and wait for someone to refill my beverage. I was paranoid that I would choke on something without something to drink nearby. Since I gave up caffeine last July that quirk has gone away for some reason. (I couldn't ask anyone to refill the beverage either - would make me seem weak. They had to notice it and do it without any help from me.)

I have to be able to see what windows I have open at the bottom of my computer screen. When I got my upgrade to XP Media it just had 1 window of Explorer windows if I had more than say, 4 or 5 Explorer windows open at a time, and just say "Explorer X6" or whatever. Drove me nuts!!! Glad I figured out how to change that.

My hubby has to check the door to make sure it's locked before going to work every morning. Luckily he's been seeing a chiropractor (my old boss) about that and it's gotten much better - he used to have to check it upwards of 30+ times, waking his wife up too early in the morning. Now I don't notice it.

But he does have to check to make sure our girls are still inside. They're indoor cats, and he's got to come back up after he gets into his car to check on them and make sure they're safe. Screw the wife, he doesn't care about her. As long as the cats are safe, he can leave for work. He wasn't much of a cat person until he met me, and now they rule him!!! (Progress, IMO. )