Do you have any allergies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
I used to be allergic to cats when I was younger ,but I out grew it. Now I have seasonal allergies, and when it starts to get warmer I will really be bothered by them. :scream:

:ohmy: i'm allergic to Asprin and cranberry. Being allergic to Asprin is a real pain, I used to worry about what would happen if i ever had a heart attack in the street or something and the paramedic gives me Asprin?????:eyebrow:

I think I have really mild seasonal allergies... I have asthma and I get a little wheezy in the spring, but not enough to worry about.

I'm allergic to mosquito bites. I mean, everyone's allergic to mosquito bites but I'm really mofo allergic to them.
I got one next to my eye once and it swelled up so big my eye swelled shut.

penicilin
hayfever
alcohol (but it doesn't stop me)
and I can't eat dairy

[edit] I actually don't think it's alcohol that I am allergic to, but rather a preservative or something that's in certain wines and liquors. Smirnoff vodka makes me all red and puffy :| [/edit]

:laugh: this feels like either a sinus medicine commercial or a first time visit at the doctor's office.

anyway, i'm allergic to aspirin, codeine, silver nitrate (only higher strengths though), and sulfa drugs. well, that's the medicine part.

in terms of non-medicine allergies, i'm allergic to nuts, pet dander (i've pretty much gotten over cats, so it's just dogs now), and tons of types of plants and weeds.

i feel like such a wuss. :reject:

yes, I'm sensitive to lots of things, synthetic perfumes, chemical fumes, some foods, I get hayfever at some times of year....bad way to be, having to deal with it...aaaacccccccccchooo.
My son told me some time ago prawns(shrimp) make his throat burn. He had a big reaction to eating just one the other night. Poor guy, I'd hate to be that allergic to shellfish.

Dust, mold, perfume, & cats are my main ones. Plus cigarette smoke has been known to make me sneeze for hours on end. Then there's the outdoor stuff in the summer.....

I take 5 different things a day: 2 pills, 2 inhalors, 1 nasal spray plus shots every other week. I have prednisone on hand if I get really bad and can't get to the DR right away. I'm an allergists dream patient.

I'm also allergic to penicillian, but I think it's more that I'm just immune to it cause it doesn't do shit for me when I'm sick.

verte76 said:
I'm allergic to wool. I break out if I try to wear it.
yeah, i've got this one sweater that if i wear it, my skin breaks out. i have to wear a long sleeved tee under it, essentially defeating the purpose of wearing a sweater. i'm not sure what's in it, but i must be allergic to it!

also, my mom has severe eczema, and i guess i inherited it from her. ever since i was a baby, i occasionally get break outs. i had a real bad spot on my foot all summer, and now i have it all over my legs. luckily, this cream my mom's dermatologist prescribed me nips it right in the bud!

my brother has enough allergies for our whole family...peanuts and possibly other nuts (no one wants to check and find out), asthma, sinus outdoor pollen stuff

i'm not allergic to anything i know of...other than common things like poison ivy and mosquito saliva...and i never had a problem with poison ivy until a couple years ago

i remember reading something in school about mosquito bites, it was one of those "weekly reader news" things we had in elemnetary schoo, and it said something about when a mosquito bites you, some of its saliva remains in your arm (or wherever it bit you) and if you are like most people, you're allergic to mosquito saliva and end up with an itchy red welt.

i get very sunburned though...

lactose intolerance, if you consider that an allergy (although lactaid pills work for me)

and mosquito bites..like Kristie they blow up really big as soon as they've bitten. I itch and itch for days...
yeah, summer's great.

I just have normal allergies to dust and pet hair, pop a couple allergy pills and i'm good to go.

I am severly allergic to cig smoke though, it's sets my asthma off something terrible, usually with me ending up in the ER.So I pretty much have permission to kick anyones ass thats smoking around me lmao

~Taylor~

I am allergic to a lot of crap. About a month after I started working where I do, they got real bad. Non stop sinus infections for 2 years until I had sinus surgery. That led to a terrible case of pneumonia that almost killed me......damn work. Living in DC - which is the worst place in the US for allergies does not help.

I get allergy shots and just bought one of those ionic air filters for dust. It rocks

I'm allergic to Santa Claus, but fortunately he doesn't exist.

On an interesting side note, I used to suffer from quite bad hayfever, would sneeze my head off every morning. I have smoked for some time (bad for the health etc etc, we know all this) and now I don't get hayfever. At all. I call this a mysterious psychological reaction of some sort.

I'm slightly allergic to bees. I swell up bad if i get stung, once i got stung on my calf and my entire calf was swollen. It's not bad enough were I have to worry about getting sick or going into anaphalactic (sp?) shock or anything.

allergic to the fall
and halloween, that's the worst - i used to not be able to go out for more than 10 minutes! :sad:

and the spring. :rolleyes:
and cats :yuck: , sometimes dogs

dust, grass :rolleyes:

and any scent from Victoria Secrets :no:

Back
Top Bottom